What if Buddah died and went to hell?

Mr. P said:
My question is..everyone pre-Jesus..Not just those you mention..The tread started with Budda..What about him and everyone else that lived in that time?

Here's something - I know it may be hard for your brain to comprehend - but Christ's death on the cross was for all sinners past and present - ya see (as -=d=- as pointed out many times) God has the ability to transcend time.

So if anyone pre-Christ acknowledged the ways of God, took the sacraments from the Old Testament priests and forknew there'd be a coming Messiah -they're secure in Christ...

Personally I cannot fathom a God that would doom anyone to eternal damnation if that person lived a life based on good deeds and charity.

dilloduck said:
Personally I cannot fathom a God that would doom anyone to eternal damnation if that person lived a life based on good deeds and charity.

He doesn't doom them - mankind doomed himself thru Adam...

Those after Adam who don't acknowledge Christ as their Savior keep themselves in that doomed state....

-Cp said:
For that matter, any spiritual leader who's outside the fold of Christianity?

Yeah, yeah.. I know.. flame on.. but Jeff closed that other thread and I wasn't done reading all of your ignorant responses yet.. *cough* Billypulpit *cough*.. .:D

all spiritual leaders that don't believe in the one true god are going to hell...

dilloduck said:

The problem is that God's standard, based on his holy nature, is absolute perfection. God cannot tolerate sin at all. And even though we believe that some people live "good" lives, all of those good deeds are like dirty rags in God's sight; they are not sufficient to make up for our sinfulness.

That's the beuaty of Jesus' sacrifice. Jesus has paid the penalty for our sins (which is death), and we are asked only to accept this gift of salvation.

-Cp said:
Here's something - I know it may be hard for your brain to comprehend - but Christ's death on the cross was for all sinners past and present - ya see (as -=d=- as pointed out many times) God has the ability to transcend time.

So if anyone pre-Christ acknowledged the ways of God, took the sacraments from the Old Testament priests and forknew there'd be a coming Messiah -they're secure in Christ...
Well gee CP thanks, get pissy, my brain is just fine. But apparently you don't understand the question.
Let me make it as clear for you as I can (even though the question was not for you).
What about the people before Jesus AND before the Old testament.
Get it? The ones that had no knowledge and could never have any knowledge
of Christianity.

Oh crap wait..creationism..I forgot..everyone knew, right?
Cept them dinosaurs..Damn..

gop_jeff said:
The problem is that God's standard, based on his holy nature, is absolute perfection. God cannot tolerate sin at all. And even though we believe that some people live "good" lives, all of those good deeds are like dirty rags in God's sight; they are not sufficient to make up for our sinfulness.

That's the beuaty of Jesus' sacrifice. Jesus has paid the penalty for our sins (which is death), and we are asked only to accept this gift of salvation.

Where does God say that charitable acts are like dirty rags?

Again, the Jesus I was taught of growing up had nothing but love and compassion to spread around. Ah, little did us children know that a good three quarters of us would probly burn in hell. Oh wait, we were all Catholic, not "Born Again", so make that 100%. Dang.

No wonder many people are turning from Christianity these days.

Mr. P said:
Well gee CP thanks, get pissy, my brain is just fine. But apparently you don't understand the question.
Let me make it as clear for you as I can (even though the question was not for you).
What about the people before Jesus AND before the Old testament.
Get it? The ones that had no knowledge and could never have any knowledge
of Christianity.

Oh crap wait..creationism..I forgot..everyone knew, right?
Cept them dinosaurs..Damn..

Romans 1:20
20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities–his eternal power and divine nature–have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

-Cp said:
Romans 1:20
20For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities–his eternal power and divine nature–have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.

Thanks--never saw that before. It would seem that this answers a LOT of questions here.

theim said:
Again, the Jesus I was taught of growing up had nothing but love and compassion to spread around. Ah, little did us children know that a good three quarters of us would probly burn in hell. Oh wait, we were all Catholic, not "Born Again", so make that 100%. Dang.

You are one of the 'damned' that don't know it Theim? Dang, join the club. Here I was thinking that Christ was all about forgiveness and love. Boy, was I wrong. Thank well whomever, that I have been enlightened.

Silly me and the church I'd followed. Taught that we were saved through Christ and the Spirit. Baptism/Confirmation, sacraments? Hah, so much nonsense.

theim said:

Now yer gonna get yer ass banned..or the thread closed! Stop with the realitie stuff!:slap:

freeandfun1 said:
If you are taught 2+2 = 5, does that make is so?

You know what?....Whatever. Honestly. If you wanna just go on believing God hates everyone except your faction of Christianity, fine. I'm through with this. You have no idea how close some people here are coming to the liberal stereotype of Christians.

theim said:
You know what?....Whatever. Honestly. If you wanna just go on believing God hates everyone except your faction of Christianity, fine. I'm through with this. You have no idea how close some people here are coming to the liberal stereotype of Christians.

Show me where I have said anything like you just accused? Just one sentence, word, etc. Open your mind and stop being so judgemental.

freeandfun1 said:
Show me where I have said anything like you just accused? Just one sentence, word, etc. Open your mind and stop being so judgemental.

What I sense happening is people who say they believe the Bible, but when faced what with what the Bible actually teaches, are bothered; because it may contradict with happy-happy-joy-joy feelings. It's never easy to question one's believe in light of evidence/truth/scripture, etc.

Forum List

Back