What if Buddah died and went to hell?

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
For that matter, any spiritual leader who's outside the fold of Christianity?

Yeah, yeah.. I know.. flame on.. but Jeff closed that other thread and I wasn't done reading all of your ignorant responses yet.. *cough* Billypulpit *cough*.. .:D

-Cp said:
For that matter, any spiritual leader who's outside the fold of Christianity?

Yeah, yeah.. I know.. flame on.. but Jeff closed that other thread and I wasn't done reading all of your ignorant responses yet.. *cough* Billypulpit *cough*.. .:D

He would have the Gospel preached to him and given a chance to accept or not. If not he would be accountable for his sins. Then he would rise from the dead in the resurrection at the coming of Christ or at the end of the millinium like everyone else and be judged according to his works as stated by the scriptures.

He would have the Gospel preached to him and given a chance to accept or not. If not he would be accountable for his sins. Then he would rise from the dead in the resurrection at the coming of Christ or at the end of the millinium like everyone else and be judged according to his works as stated by the scriptures.

So you think that folks will have a "chance for redemption" after they die? Wow, where does it mention that in the Bible?

-Cp said:
So you think that folks will have a "chance for redemption" after they die? Wow, where does it mention that in the Bible?

Other than the Parable of the Prodigal Son and a few passing statements in the Epistles of Peter nowhere. The Bible is clear that we aren't judged until the resurrection. However, there is a space of time between death and resurrection.

Of course you are assuming I only believe whats in the Bible.

Other than the Parable of the Prodigal Son and a few passing statements in the Epistles of Peter nowhere. The Bible is clear that we aren't judged until the resurrection. However, there is a space of time between death and resurrection.

Of course you are assuming I only believe whats in the Bible.

So you believe in a purgatory state?

The Prodigal son PARABLE doesn't say or elude whatsoever to your case - in the story, the son never physically died...

Which statements in Peter come to mind?

Hebrews 9:27 states that [M]an is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment. I have yet to see where God allows a "second chance" to hear and accept the Gospel. Besides, one would be very hard pressed not to believe, if the Author of the Gospel was the one relating it to you.

Siddhartha Guatama Buddha was born in the Sixth Century B.C. and therefore never heard the message of salvation. I don't think this applies here.

gop_jeff said:
Hebrews 9:27 states that [M]an is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment. I have yet to see where God allows a "second chance" to hear and accept the Gospel. Besides, one would be very hard pressed not to believe, if the Author of the Gospel was the one relating it to you.

I'm also thinking of the parable about the guy who was in hell? and looked over and saw Abraham and his servant and said "Please! Send one drop of water, I thirst!" then something about "Let me go back and warn my brothers!" - Naturally this was before Christ, but I think if there were means for salvation after death, the man in the flames would have been offered. Does that 'lesson' apply to the question you're addressing?

Mr. P said:
What does that mean D?
Anyone born before Jesus is damned?

Not necessarily; Christ Himself referred to the salvation of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, implying that they were (or would be) in heaven.

gop_jeff said:
Not necessarily; Christ Himself referred to the salvation of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, implying that they were (or would be) in heaven.
D! you changed your name to Jeff!
Okay, Jeff how does "Not necessarily" fit?

My understanding, which could be wrong since I am by far not an expert on the scriptures, is that those that were never introduced to Christ or heard of Christ will be judged on their lives. That does not mean one could have heard about Christ, rejected the notion and then say, "But I never reeeeally *heard* about him.....

Having said that, I woud think that if a person had never heard of Christ yet still embraced another "god" would not make it into the Kingdom.

Here is something I found on the subject....

What about people who have never heard of Christ?

The Bible makes it clear that through nature and conscience each person has some knowledge about God and sin for which he is accountable. (Read Romans 1:18-2:16.) Thus, everyone really knows, if he is honest, that God exists.
Christianity teaches that one is condemned to hell for continually thumbing his nose at God. But the Bible also teaches that God is fair as well as just. Ultimately only God can judge as only He knows the individual's heart.
On the one hand, we are confident that God will not hold anyone accountable for any knowledge he did not receive. At the same time, since Christ is the only way to salvation, it is imperative for the church to take the gospel to those who have not heard it.
To reject Jesus is a serious matter. It is tantamount to refusing God's offer of reconcilation to sinful man. As R.C. Sproul points out (book, noted in the resource list), those who have heard and reject Christ face double jeopardy. Thus "religion" without Christ does not redeem people but may add to their ultimate guilt.

-=d=- said:
I'm also thinking of the parable about the guy who was in hell? and looked over and saw Abraham and his servant and said .......?
Please find this for me.

gop_jeff said:

If folks pre-crucifixion/resurrection had a way into Heaven, then why'd Christ have to die?

-Cp said:
If folks pre-crucifixion/resurrection had a way into Heaven, then why'd Christ have to die?

Not everybody did, only an elect few that followed G-d's word. Christ was sent so that all of us could achieve salvation.

-Cp said:

There is/was a place the Bible speaks of where I think those like King David...Abraham...Moses, etc, were 'held' until Christ's ressurection. However, that 'holding time' could very well have been mili-seconds...God is outside time.

Joz said:
Please find this for me.

Luke Chapter 16...

19“There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21and longing to eat what fell from the rich man's table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

22“The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham's side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23In hell,[c] where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

25“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been fixed, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

27“He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, 28for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30“ ‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31“He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’ ”

Mr. P said:
D! you changed your name to Jeff!
Okay, Jeff how does "Not necessarily" fit?

There are some people from the Old Testament (Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Moses, David, and Elijah, off the top of my head) who will be in heaven. So not everyone before Christ will be lost.

The larger question here, if I'm reading you correctly, is: What happens to people who have never heard of Jesus? My take on this is quite similar to the quote that freeandfun posted.

gop_jeff said:
There are some people from the Old Testament (Abraham, Issac, Jacob, Moses, David, and Elijah, off the top of my head) who will be in heaven. So not everyone before Christ will be lost.

The larger question here, if I'm reading you correctly, is: What happens to people who have never heard of Jesus? My take on this is quite similar to the quote that freeandfun posted.

My question is..everyone pre-Jesus..Not just those you mention..The tread started with Budda..What about him and everyone else that lived in that time?

Forum List

Back