What if an Atheist baker refused to create a religious cake?

PaintChipEater, why don't you give this a try?

If there is a very talented cake decorator and he is looking for a job. A gay baker thinks that the decorator would be good for his business, so he orders the decorator to come work for him. The decorator doesn't want to, because he doesn't want to work for a queer.

Should the decorator be compelled by law to work for the gay baker?
Nope.

In what way does that differ from your demand that a baker work for a gay couple against his will?

What is the distinction?
Actually he's working for money, making cakes. The reason why someone wants one of his cakes is none of his damn business. His business, making cakes.

Sure, order the cake and don't insist what is for. As you said, it's none of baker business.
Fina an dandy, however if the fact that the wedding cake, or any cake for that matter, will be for gay people, that changes nothing, nothing at all.

As you said, none of bakers damn business.

But if you insist on GAY wedding cake, for GAY wedding, with a GAY topper, you make it bakers business.

Actually he's working for money, making cakes. The reason why someone wants one of his cakes is none of his damn business. His business, making cakes.

Sure, order the cake and don't insist what is for. As you said, it's none of baker business.
Fina an dandy, however if the fact that the wedding cake, or any cake for that matter, will be for gay people, that changes nothing, nothing at all.

If queers demand a special cake for a sacrilegious ceremony that Christians feel they cannot participate in, yup, we will refuse to make it.
The bible thumpers aren't participating in the ceremony though are they?
They sure as shit are if they're making a cake that's going to be displayed in the middle of it.
The cake is not displayed in the middle of a marriage ceremony.

Have you ever been to a wedding where the wedding cake was on the dais during the ceremony?

Come on.

What about cakes for divorced people getting married a second time.

They are sinners too doesn't that make it immoral for you to make them a cake?

I have the answer.

Universal background checks and a waiting period for all wedding cakes.

If anyone has committed a sin or broken a commandment in their lives then

soup-nazi-e1357188688389_20130521114054843.jpg

Have you ever been to a wedding where the wedding cake was on the dais during the ceremony?

Come on.

Are you kidding?

I've been to more where the cake was on display during the ceremony than when it was not.

Went to a wedding at Sweetpea Ranch about 3 weeks ago, and the cake was set up in the catering hall before the ceremony was started.

In what way does that differ from your demand that a baker work for a gay couple against his will?

What is the distinction?

But if you insist on GAY wedding cake, for GAY wedding, with a GAY topper, you make it bakers business.
Still not his business. And if he doesn't have the topper, he's not required to. He's the one who misses out on the extra profit, the point of his business in the first place.

I have the answer.

So, enslaving the decorator must be fine as well, as long as you pay him.

After all, you are demanding that people be forced into servitude against their will.
What this all boils down to, is that these people think it's OK to force someone to do something that they believe is wrong. That's not the America I grew up in.

After all, you are demanding that people be forced into servitude against their will.
No, I'm demanding that they do their job. And your argument died at the Supreme Court, six decades ago.

I have the answer.

What this all boils down to, is that these people think it's OK to force someone to do something that they believe is wrong. That's not the America I grew up in.
If baking a cake is wrong, that's what they are doing, then they shouldn't bake cakes.

No, I'm demanding that they do their job. And your argument died at the Supreme Court, six decades ago.

Who the fuck are you to "demand" that someone do their job? That is their boss's job. You need to keep your nose out of shit that is none of your business and sop being such a moral-busybody.

Come on.

Are you kidding?

I've been to more where the cake was on display during the ceremony than when it was not.

Went to a wedding at Sweetpea Ranch about 3 weeks ago, and the cake was set up in the catering hall before the ceremony was started.
Yikes. An Open Carry wedding location. Did you wrestle pigs afterward?
barn.jpg

Who the fuck are you to "demand" that someone do their job? That is their boss's job. You need to keep your nose out of shit that is none of your business and sop being such a moral-busybody.
I'm afraid that you are rather late to this party, roughly 60 years too late.

democrats have always demanded that they have the right to enslave others. This is a do-over of the civil war, the democrats are fighting to bring back slavery.

What is the distinction?

Still not his business. And if he doesn't have the topper, he's not required to. He's the one who misses out on the extra profit, the point of his business in the first place.

It is, if you insisting that baker makes something that's not on the menu.

Order Big Mac at Burger King. Keep insisting, tell them it's not their business, just force them to make damn Big Mac.

Oh, 60 years ago it was decided that it's ok for you to be a moral busybody?

Who knew?

:confused:

Oh, 60 years ago it was decided that it's ok for you to be a moral busybody?

Who knew?

:confused:
A lot longer than that actually, at the founding of the country more or less, but 60 years ago is a good date for when PA laws overcame religious bigotry.

Forum List

Back