What if 20 Million Illegal Aliens Vacated America?

there is a movie out some B movie something like The Day the Mexicans disappeared or something, you should watch it. It will maybe give you some prespective on the issue.

Couple of years ago Cali had "A day without a mexican."

I think we went elsewhere, ate at Fresh Choice or something, went on with our lives, and never stumbled.

We'd be paying $10 for a head of lettuce.

no you would not....where did you get that BS ....La Raza....

recently, I bought tomatoes at the local farmers' market, where much of the produce is from small farms worked by legal and citizen southeast Asian people. I paid 35 cents a pound for them. What were those imports from Mexico costing at Safeway or Albertsons *(insert chain name here)?

And then, there is having a raised bed kitchen garden in the back yard!

Toro....if you meant it as sarcasm or a joke....why did you not say so earlier?.....there are many pro-illegal people who propagate this kind of shit and many buy into it....

I used hyperbole to make a point. Then, I wanted to see how gullible people were.

If we booted out all illegals, the price of produce would go up. Lettuce wouldn't go to $10 but it would go up. Its simple economics. Profits in farming are razor thin. Everyone is a price taker. If all the illegals left, farmers would have to pay more for labor and all of the cost would be passed on to the consumer, which means that everyone would have less to spend on everything else. That destroys wealth and makes everyone poorer.

Maybe that's the price everyone would be willing to pay to stop illegal immigration, I don't know. But you should understand the costs before making that decision.

I am not making a pro- or anti-argument. (I do have sympathy for people who would risk their lives to come here. As the head of the CATO Institute once said, "Aren't those the type of people we want to come to America?)

Last edited:
I am not making a pro- or anti-argument. (I do have sympathy for people who would risk their lives to come here. As the head of the CATO Institute once said, "Aren't those the type of people we want to come to America?)

yes but we also want them to BECOME Americans.....not still be in their native countries in their heads and not want to be a part of the country.....i see that kinda stuff everyday here....people who can speak decent English talking to their small kids in Spanish....if the kids knew English it would not matter.....but they dont....so it matters.....

yes but we also want them to BECOME Americans.....not still be in their native countries in their heads and not want to be a part of the country.....i see that kinda stuff everyday here....people who can speak decent English talking to their small kids in Spanish....if the kids knew English it would not matter.....but they dont....so it matters.....

Yeah, I do too. If you are going to stay here, you should become American, or at least raise your kids to be American first.

'(I do have sympathy for people who would risk their lives to come here. As the head of the CATO Institute once said, "Aren't those the type of people we want to come to America?)'

Hell no! I want educated people and those who aren't running away to countries simply for the free ride and freebies that those countries allow them. I want people who want to embrace this country when they do arrive and to respect it and pledge allegiance to it. NOT the many types that are here now bad mouthing the USA and demanding what is not theirs to demand!!! I want the criminals among those that enter ILLEGALLY to be caught and deported post haste.
I want people to stay in their countries and fight for justice and opportunities for those who aren't able to fight for themselves.

Thank you very much for making this post. When I was working on my degree in college, I had to write a paper in my sociology class. I chose illegal immigration and its effects on our health and school systems. The more information I found on the topic, the angrier I got. I have nothing against people who LEGALLY want to immigrate to our country, but I have a serious problem with those that want to reap our benefits without paying any of the costs for being a U.S. citizen. BTW, I got a 99 on that paper, with a capitalization mistake being the only error in the whole thing.

How about a day without an American, or even a day without a white man. Then you would see BIG problems.

Good post Ol Lady. Couldn't agree more.

If all the illegals left it would save this country BILLIOINS. I have not one problem with legal immigration but a big one with those that are here illegally.

As for the jobs they do. I'm sure work visas would be in order like they were long before we had this illegal problem. The Canadian Govt puts a request in to the Mexican Govt for X amount of workers for X amount of time. The workers come in, do the work and go the hell home. Thats the way it should be here also.

Of course it will never happen becaue both parties of our Govt are courting the Hispanic vote. Thats why the borders are still open. God. What does it matter what it costs the taxpayers in social services so long as they can get the Hispanic vote???

Good post Ol Lady. Couldn't agree more.

If all the illegals left it would save this country BILLIOINS. I have not one problem with legal immigration but a big one with those that are here illegally.

As for the jobs they do. I'm sure work visas would be in order like they were long before we had this illegal problem. The Canadian Govt puts a request in to the Mexican Govt for X amount of workers for X amount of time. The workers come in, do the work and go the hell home. Thats the way it should be here also.

Of course it will never happen becaue both parties of our Govt are courting the Hispanic vote. Thats why the borders are still open. God. What does it matter what it costs the taxpayers in social services so long as they can get the Hispanic vote???
That was one of the things that was irritating me so much, when I was writing my sociology paper. The fact our schools and hospitals were not legally allowed to turn illegal immigrants away was astonishing. All they have to do to attend a school here in the U.S. is give them an address that falls into their schooling area. *shakes head* I was floored when I found out the aid illegals have been getting from our social services.

"I am not making a pro- or anti-argument. (I do have sympathy for people who would risk their lives to come here. As the head of the CATO Institute once said, "Aren't those the type of people we want to come to America?)"
Those folks at the CATO Institute have been watching too many reruns of JACKASS. Or they think criminal reckless indifference is a virtue. If I risk my life and steal a car, even though I can buy one legally, it means I deserve it? The Cato Institute thinks so, I guess.

immigration is a core policy of the US that history can show we've benefitted from substantially. the inaction of politicians on the subject indicates that they feel it is the right course of action specifically to keep the cost of labor in the country low. (reference slavery, irish immigration, italians, chinese, polish, etc... and now mexican/latin american immigration). illegal immigration is the problem, and because of some of the political backlash that it raises, politicians prefer to play stupid and take no action than to stand behind tough decisions like amnesty or increased quotas for mexican and latin american migrants.

just like the other immigrants id named above, there is significant disgust for any new immigrant group among working class americans, but today's politicians dont have the guts to tell their citizen-constituents that they think making citizens or residents out of mexicans is the best thing for the country... political suicide when youre dealing with the neo-coservative base. they'll change your name to mcamnesty.

the result is that illegals arent welcomed into the ideal role of american life like the hundreds of millions of immigrants before them: not welcomed to pay income tax, learn english, make their homes here, work, etc. crime and other characteristics which could be ascribed to lack of ownership and belonging are rife.

what if 20 million aliens payed taxes?

Dang who would build houses in the southwest?
Who would pick the crops?
who would work in the slaughterhouses?
Who would mow the grass?

Reminds me of those who say all you need is a good education to get an above average job.
Now if everyone got a good education where would they be?
Everyone would get an above average job?
Who would sling the burgers stock the grocery shelves and such?

Virtually everyone can and should have a place of value in our society.

Who did those jobs before the illegal aliens?
Oh that's right, legal citizens and legal aliens with a work VISA.

Then why wont good hard working americans take those jobs now then?

One o the dumbest things I have seen in here in a while. They should not have their native countries in their heads. Wow.

Thats true, we should only have English speaking people here, better yet, one shade...rightgy?

This is what our country was built on...bring us your hungry, blah blah blah.

'(I do have sympathy for people who would risk their lives to come here. As the head of the CATO Institute once said, "Aren't those the type of people we want to come to America?)'

Hell no! I want educated people and those who aren't running away to countries simply for the free ride and freebies that those countries allow them. I want people who want to embrace this country when they do arrive and to respect it and pledge allegiance to it. NOT the many types that are here now bad mouthing the USA and demanding what is not theirs to demand!!! I want the criminals among those that enter ILLEGALLY to be caught and deported post haste.
I want people to stay in their countries and fight for justice and opportunities for those who aren't able to fight for themselves.

Give us your tired, hungry, poor...blah blah blah.

Who would mow the grass?

Reminds me of those who say all you need is a good education to get an above average job.
Now if everyone got a good education where would they be?
Everyone would get an above average job?
Who would sling the burgers stock the grocery shelves and such?

Virtually everyone can and should have a place of value in our society.

Who did those jobs before the illegal aliens?
Oh that's right, legal citizens and legal aliens with a work VISA.

Then why wont good hard working americans take those jobs now then?
Because the owners of the businesses that handle those jobs can hire illegal immigrants for a hell of a lot less than they can U.S. citizens. Remember, employers are required by law to pay a minimum wage for work done. They can get away with paying less than that, if they hire illegal immigrants to do the jobs instead.

Thats just the problem Antagon. They don't pay taxes but are allowed to use our social service, schools and you name it. The bottom line is that they are here illegally.

We should adopt the Canadian system for workers from Mexico. This would alleviate a lot of the problem. Problem is the Clowns in DC will do nothing and both parties are to blame.

Who would mow the grass?

Americans. Imagine American jobs for Americans. Or -- get this -- it might be done in part by ALIENS, but those would be LEGAL Aliens. You know the kind. Those who actually FOLLOW the law, don't jump the line, etc.

Forum List

Back