What I think about the forum

Thanks to the forum
I come here in this section to say what I think about the forum and the fact that I was at another American forum to see how it worked, rules, members, answers ... etc.
I was also because I wanted to tell my paranormal experience ( And also because this forum here is not very active in this section) and I got answers to my questions more or less.
It's been a while since I come here now the time passes so quickly I have attached myself to many of you even those with whom I had clashes at times.
What I like too is that the staff is not too rigid, one can express themselves, one can make a thread that has already been done and it is not the end of the world.
I can speak French by moment and again it is not the end of the world. The forum and very cool, but I'm bored a little lately here.
I do not know if others feel like me?
Thanks for the answers.

The best thing about the forum is the ignore button. I just don't want to see half the nonsense on this board. I don't want to see the bullies, those just using it for their own personal entertainment etc.
Ha, but you do it too ... you've already done it with Pogo and you got stuck your hand in the bag.

No, I don't.

Thanks to the forum
I come here in this section to say what I think about the forum and the fact that I was at another American forum to see how it worked, rules, members, answers ... etc.
I was also because I wanted to tell my paranormal experience ( And also because this forum here is not very active in this section) and I got answers to my questions more or less.
It's been a while since I come here now the time passes so quickly I have attached myself to many of you even those with whom I had clashes at times.
What I like too is that the staff is not too rigid, one can express themselves, one can make a thread that has already been done and it is not the end of the world.
I can speak French by moment and again it is not the end of the world. The forum and very cool, but I'm bored a little lately here.
Thanks for the answers.

The best thing about the forum is the ignore button. I just don't want to see half the nonsense on this board. I don't want to see the bullies, those just using it for their own personal entertainment etc.
Ha, but you do it too ... you've already done it with Pogo and you got stuck your hand in the bag.

No, I don't.
Yes, yes at another thread you had insisted that I repeat what I said so that I pass for someone who does not speak English very well and MikeTx came to tell you to get lost as well of a another member I do not remember his name.
And after you said: you and pogo it's just teasing it's not serious.
It was to try so i lose my cool. You are strong at this little game you leftists

Thanks to the forum
Thanks for the answers.

No, I don't.
Yes, yes at another thread you had insisted that I repeat what I said so that I pass for someone who does not speak English very well and MikeTx came to tell you to get lost as well of a another member I do not remember his name.
It was to try so i lose my cool. You are strong at this little game you leftists

I really don't think that was me to be honest.

There are those on this forum who deliberately provoke a fight just to be nasty or bully someone. Maybe it gets their rocks off, I dunno. But that is the price of free speech, you gotta put up with the aholes sometimes. Which is why that Ignore button is so useful, personally I don't want to give such people any of my time.

Thanks to the forum
Thanks for the answers.

No, I don't.

Yes, i said it was you...and that you were teasing me.

There are those on this forum who deliberately provoke a fight just to be nasty or bully someone. Maybe it gets their rocks off, I dunno. But that is the price of free speech, you gotta put up with the aholes sometimes. Which is why that Ignore button is so useful, personally I don't want to give such people any of my time.
Here in France freedom of expression is a commodity à la carte. At this forum I feel that I can express more about what I feel even if not everyone agrees.

No, I don't.

Okay then, prove it. Because I really don't think I would write that.

No, I don't.

Listen, it is not a big deal...i can't find the thread again if i do i will bring it to you.

No, I don't.

Listen, it is not a big deal...i can't find the thread again if i do i will bring it to you.

No offense, but this isn't the first time this has happened, and in the past no one has been able to prove it, show me the slightest bit of evidence. One guy apologized because he found out it was someone else, the other decided to stick to the idea that it was me, and moaned that he couldn't find anything in all my posts, shocking huh?

So, again, it wasn't me.

No offense, but this isn't the first time this has happened, and in the past no one has been able to prove it, show me the slightest bit of evidence. One guy apologized because he found out it was someone else, the other decided to stick to the idea that it was me, and moaned that he couldn't find anything in all my posts, shocking huh?

So, again, it wasn't me.
It was a thread in the politic section there no way of finding it so you just have to believe me and i told you it is not a big deal.

So, again, it wasn't me.
It was a thread in the politic section there no way of finding it so you just have to believe me and i told you it is not a big deal.

Well there is, it's called the search function.

Well, you might think it's no big deal, but as I've said, the number of people who make stuff up, or misread things, or remember things wrong on this forum is huge, and it gets to a point where you want people to back themselves up BEFORE they start saying things.

It's more an issue of principle here.

I have started MANY threads that garnered no response...and some that took off like a rocket. Its a hit and miss thing. Summer, most folks are out and about. Winter, more are around. If you are upset because you feel your threads don't get enough action....don't be. It isn't personal.

So much negativity around the Politics forum, it's hard sometimes to avoid getting sucked into it. That and a few other places, I think you need to start conversations in some of the more civil areas that might be a little more rewarding. Maybe we need a thread in the General Discussion area or wherever just to post an announcement that you're starting a thread on a topic that anyone else might want to talk or learn about, hopefully without getting into a fight with somebody. I wonder if threads get lost sometimes maybe cuz many people didn't know it was out there.
You are right, let's take the example of all the subjects that I have done on the paranormal, I did not really get answers. I also asked to create a section about various facts, I did not get any answers. It's really annoying.
The political section there are always clashes it becomes less annoying especially if one can do some mischievous acts against the leftists. But then again it's better to go into the rubber room or the flame zone, I do not go too much because I do not know when it's humor or if it's serious since I am Not American. It's more risky for me
I would be bored on a board about French politics, too. Don't you have political boards in France that talk more to things you are familiar with?
I am sure there are discussion boards on the paranormal, too, but this is an American politics board.
I really liked your thread on "What Is This?" that was fun.
I have the impression that you and ChrisL gently ask me to leave the premises?
The French forums do not suit me it is too strict and it is not the same as you Americans it is even more annoying.
What thread are you talking about?

I did no such thing, nor did I insinuate any such thing. I simply gave you an explanation as to why your threads don't receive the attention YOU feel they deserve and gave you another option that maybe you hadn't thought of.

I have started MANY threads that garnered no response...and some that took off like a rocket. Its a hit and miss thing. Summer, most folks are out and about. Winter, more are around. If you are upset because you feel your threads don't get enough action....don't be. It isn't personal.
Yes Gracie, some not very important tthread are sometimes more popular than others. I like to create thread I try to make sure that they can interest the members:)

So much negativity around the Politics forum, it's hard sometimes to avoid getting sucked into it. That and a few other places, I think you need to start conversations in some of the more civil areas that might be a little more rewarding. Maybe we need a thread in the General Discussion area or wherever just to post an announcement that you're starting a thread on a topic that anyone else might want to talk or learn about, hopefully without getting into a fight with somebody. I wonder if threads get lost sometimes maybe cuz many people didn't know it was out there.
You are right, let's take the example of all the subjects that I have done on the paranormal, I did not really get answers. I also asked to create a section about various facts, I did not get any answers. It's really annoying.
The political section there are always clashes it becomes less annoying especially if one can do some mischievous acts against the leftists. But then again it's better to go into the rubber room or the flame zone, I do not go too much because I do not know when it's humor or if it's serious since I am Not American. It's more risky for me
I would be bored on a board about French politics, too. Don't you have political boards in France that talk more to things you are familiar with?
I am sure there are discussion boards on the paranormal, too, but this is an American politics board.
I really liked your thread on "What Is This?" that was fun.
I have the impression that you and ChrisL gently ask me to leave the premises?
The French forums do not suit me it is too strict and it is not the same as you Americans it is even more annoying.
What thread are you talking about?

I did no such thing, nor did I insinuate any such thing. I simply gave you an explanation as to why your threads don't receive the attention YOU feel they deserve and gave you another option that maybe you hadn't thought of.
Thank you for your explanation Chris L:)

I'll just say believing in ghosts and various other 'entities' was excusable before. But now people have billions of high definition cameras that they take absolutely everywhere with them. There would have to be SOME video evidence by now that anyone could look at and say 'yeah there's the proof' of ghosts, or bigfoot, or aliens.

These subjects are interesting to discuss and they make for interesting tv shows and movies, but no real proof. And by now there should be.

So for those that do believe in such things how would you respond to that?

I'll just say believing in ghosts and various other 'entities' was excusable before. But now people have billions of high definition cameras that they take absolutely everywhere with them. There would have to be SOME video evidence by now that anyone could look at and say 'yeah there's the proof' of ghosts, or bigfoot, or aliens.

These subjects are interesting to discuss and they make for interesting tv shows and movies, but no real proof. And by now there should be.

So for those that do believe in such things how would you respond to that?
One would need scientific proof, a photo analyzed, a video.
But I believe in ghosts because I witnessed I already saw a ghost. I do not have any proof, photograph, video, but I know what I saw.
I put the link of my thread : ghost woman (1850-1920) in Ottawa Courtyard

Yes Gracie, some not very important tthread are sometimes more popular than others. I like to create thread I try to make sure that they can interest the members:)

Mostly it's because the ideologue wingnuts stalk each others' threads in their innernutz warz; they're astro-turfers and aren't really here for anything else, and many of them only peddle a handful of memes at that, like the ones who are all butt hurt because their neighbors won't let them fire off mortars or artillery in their backyards or play with hand grenades in bars or something and run around crying about 'Da 2nd Amendent' over and over and over and over, or homosexuals and other deviants who feel all oppressed n stuff cuz Da Evul Backward Xians are in the way of pedophiles being allowed to cruise schoolyards naked and hit on kids, for instance, 'issues' like that.. A lot of the forums outside of the Fever Swamps at the top of the index are slow.

Last edited:

Mostly it's because the ideologue wingnuts stalk each others' threads in their innernutz warz; they're astro-turfers and aren't really here for anything else, and many of them only peddle a handful of memes at that. A lot of the forums outside of the Fever Swamps at the top of the index are slow.
For me, it's slow because I have to apply in English, it's not always my cup of tea. But I say what I think sometimes I say Fuck you and there it goes so so i hope...:2up: :badgrin:

Forum List

Back