what i remember most from 9/11..the jumpers

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg8FQiJ-Rcw&feature=related]YouTube - Firemen Hearing People Falling Through Glass - Jumping 9/11[/ame]

Thats actually what I remember the most as well. I am terrified of heights (but oddly enough I'm OK in an airplane). So it seemed like the most horrific part of the day as I empathized with people whose only decision left inlife is which way they were going to die.

I recall reading one book that talked about firefighters and 9/11 the first fireman killed on 9/11 was due to someone who jumped if I recall correctly.

It was estimated that at least 200 people jumped.

Sad stuff.

actually the thing i remember the most was the second plane hitting

I was stuck in a traffic jam on I-285, so I wasn't able to see anything until approximately 30 minutes after second plane hit.

Cripes. I was in 5th grade. Though despite being that young, I definitely haven't forgotten a detail about that day or coming home and seeing it on television. Looking back made me realize some more of the details too. It was a eerie feeling for the time anyway.

actually the thing i remember the most was the second plane hitting

I was stuck in a traffic jam on I-285, so I wasn't able to see anything until approximately 30 minutes after second plane hit.

Cripes. I was in 5th grade. Though despite being that young, I definitely haven't forgotten a detail about that day or coming home and seeing it on television. Looking back made me realize some more of the details too. It was a eerie feeling for the time anyway.

It is definitely one of those JFK, Man on the moon, Challenger explosion, type of events. Most people remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard.

It is definitely one of those JFK
watched the funeral on TV
, Man on the moon
it launched on my 10th birthday
, Challenger explosion
was working in downtown Ft Worth and didnt believe it when i was first told, and the place became silent for most of the rest of the work shift, other than the sounds of the machines running
, type of events. Most people remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard.
life is strange

Last edited:
Oh, and if it makes you feel any better, I was in 4th grade when the Challenger exploded, and I still remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard.

The thought that the heat was so bad, you had to decide to jump knowing it was going to kill you. Damn.

I remember the looks on the faces of some people in a country gas station in Yeehaw Junction.......yea look it up........... when I said.
"Those CIA boys were busy today."
I think this fine young repugnicanT flag waver was present.:cuckoo:

Attachments

• $chickencoupedeville.jpg
    $chickencoupedeville.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 93

It is definitely one of those JFK
watched the funeral on TV
it launched on my 10th birthday
, Challenger explosion
was working in downtown Ft Worth and didnt believe it when i was first told, and the place because silent for most of the rest of the work shift, other than the sounds of the machines running
, type of events. Most people remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard.
life is strange

Crap D-Man, you're older than I thought. You're almost half as old as del.

I had just gotten home from a trip to NY. I remember driving across a bridge on 9/9 and glancing over at the towers. My son wanted to head into town but we were short of time.

On 9/11 we took our daughter out of kindergarten that morning, went home and watched TV until late at night.

Last edited:
Extraordinarily, today I was discussing this with the slaves as a off topic subject from The SECOND climber this summer to get killed on Longs Peak after he fell a comparatively short distance (800 ft) on Friday.

The thought that the heat was so bad, you had to decide to jump knowing it was going to kill you. Damn.
i remember seeing ads for special parachutes for executives in skyscrapers a short time after 9/11
something you would keep in your office incase the same type of thing happened you could jump and save your life
also a wide variety of "evac" devices

I remember thinking that I was on top of the Empire State Building looking at the Twin Towers just 3 months earlier. I thought about heading over the observation deck and looking back north. "Nah, it's hot. I'll do it next time."

New Topics

Forum List

Back