What I REALLY Think when I come on USMB

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
... I really do like it here (certain areas/topics). But when I scroll through the new posts and active topics, her is what runs through my mind:

(1) How can you beat the same topics over and over into the ground and enjoy it?
(2) Why do people want to talk about Amtrak accidents and bathrooms?
(3) Why do people care about what is happening in other countries when we have enough problems of our own? (unless you are living outside of the US of course)
(4) Why are people so fascinated with celebrity deaths? I love music probably more than anyone, but, just because they are famous doesn't make them a better person than anyone else. I think the American Soldier dies for our country deserves more attention.

... why do you care what someone had for dinner last night?

why not lunch or breakfast?

I sometimes look for topics, but find myself looking at the people posting just as much. As many posters as USMB has, it seems like you constantly run into the same folks all the time. Occasionally I realize someone I haven't seen in a long time has been there all along posting in an area I do not venture into very often. Some specialize in an area and rarely post elsewhere, others are more eclectic.

It is interesting to figure out how people think or what shapes their point of view.

I always think "I certainly could be doing something better with my time."

Well...I'd be a liar if I said that never crossed my mind. :lol:

Connecting to people is still the most human quality most of us share.

I sometimes look for topics, but find myself looking at the people posting just as much. As many posters as USMB has, it seems like you constantly run into the same folks all the time. Occasionally I realize someone I haven't seen in a long time has been there all along posting in an area I do not venture into very often. Some specialize in an area and rarely post elsewhere, others are more eclectic.

you've been around longer.
I tend to look at the topics and they all "run together" - like jeeze! Of course, I'm not into the political "gossip" and I really don't care what people think about transgender bathrooms etc.

I care about the homeless, the economy and the strength, solidarity and decency of the USA.

It is interesting to figure out how people think or what shapes their point of view.

But people don't delve into that. Why they like Clinton, or Cruz, or Trump.
They just spew and then get personal/nasty.

I'm here out of laziness. The other things I could be doing would be housework, and, not really interested. I'll be doing quite a bit of that now that I won't be working for a while....

But people don't delve into that. Why they like Clinton, or Cruz, or Trump.
They just spew and then get personal/nasty.

I don't think candidates really want us to know them as people, they just want a vote. If we don't know them well most of what we feel about them will be surface stuff or a particular snap shot in time we have of them. It would be nice if posters said I like Trump because he is not part of the established party and really likes New York and puppies or whatever. We post our thoughts here, pretty personal to the person presenting them, so yes, when rejection comes it may cause some negative replies.

Well...I'd be a liar if I said that never crossed my mind. :lol:

Connecting to people is still the most human quality most of us share.

I think people are here more to argue than connect....
No they're not... :lol:
Yes they are! ;)

Okay 007, go to the left upper corner of my screen, Bonzi, lower right....time out

Forum List

Back