What I might say to?

Sep 27, 2010
an agnostic
Welcome to the majority of population earth who don’t know everything, can’t prove much of anything else and talk mostly about what they only ‘wish’ they knew but don’t need to give it a Name? :) Though neither right nor wrong and it’s certainly your prerogative to sit on the fence; did you ever think of Making Up Your Mind About It, as long as it’s not evil, and ‘going with it’ to see what it might lead to? Most common synonyms perhaps for agnostic:
unsure, ignorant, clueless, dumbfounded, constipated, wishy-washy, lofty, whiney, honest, uncommitted, hypocrite, doubtful, along with hundreds of others most of which perhaps most people would probably not want to be thought of ‘as’?
Some possibly expected and mostly humorous responses for when someone says: “Hey everyone, I’m agnostic.”:
1. Who cares? 2. Either go or get off the pot. 3. Oh sorry; my condolences. 4. Why? 5. And You’re proud of that because? 6. What time is it? 7. Good for you. 8. Have you tried therapy? 9. Love to stay and chat but I’ve actually made up my mind to be something today. 10. How? 11. Is it contagious/hereditary?

. . . tick . . . tick . . . tick . . .

an atheist
Why do you call yourself an atheist when You can’t prove God does not exist any more than Christians can prove God does exist? So you’re proud of that because? Why do you like the taste of mustard? Why do you not like the taste of mustard? Who cares since believers cannot prove the existence of God any more than Science can prove God doesn’t exist or can prove the big bang theory or intelligent design or any other theories of how mankind was created. That’s why it’s called a “theory” because theories cannot be proven unless/until they are proven and you’ll almost certainly be deceased without ever knowing or proving?

But maybe you’re exploring forums because you’re not truly an atheist either and so you’re naturally trying to find out which “theory” might be best for You to believe? And if you really want to know if God exists, you shouldn’t be asking this forum but rather you have to ask God because that’s the way it works and if so, you’re in luck because your options are simple too? It’s either True or False that God exists. Which means:
1. False; if God doesn’t exist and you’re content to choose death as your inevitable destiny, then you will die an atheist.
2. True; if God does exist and you choose death instead of eternal life in paradise, then you will die an atheist and then be resurrected only to suffer God’s wrath for eternity instead.

Hmmm, wonder what a sane person would hope for? What were the choices again? Oh ya; it’s either eternal paradise or eternal suffering. Yikes that’s a toughy because who in their right mind would want to pass up the hope for ‘eternal suffering’? :)

Your choice. :) . . . tick . . . tick . . . tick . . .

3. a Christian
What are You doing in an anonymous forum? Do you not know the meaning of “anonymous” and ‘deception’ nor haven’t read 2 Corinthians 4:2? Do you think that God doesn’t notice believers are just using the Internet as an excuse to ‘avoid’ Having To Physically Go Into All The World and do what Jesus commands [Mark 16:15-18]? Ergo, most believers aren’t joining forums to serve God or experience fellowship in Christ but rather they just want to boast and start arguments and insult everyone who doesn’t agree with their limited understanding of “God” or even worse and perhaps more likely; they were tempted into a forum by the devil to distract them From God? Thus, “forums” created to entice idle lazy disobedient believers to cower behind Alias usernames being judgmental hypocrites hatefully spewing biblical quotes from ignorance instead of declaring their Real names and going into the Real world and serving God as they Really should be doing and perhaps like many believers that spend most of their time studying the bible instead of ‘doing’ what it says? Can you say: [BUSTED!]? ;)

No offense intended to anyone either and I’ve been accused of being each of the 3. :)

Note: Anyone posting ill-considered/vulgar comments will simply go on my Ignore List and won’t receive a response.

Go or get off the pot doesn't apply. In fact, many of your synonyms for Agnostics are an arrogant broad-brush, and not necessarily true.

How is it rational to "just decide one way or another," as opposed to holding out for some concrete evidence? It's not rational at all, and that fact alone means that your synonyms for agnostics aren't an "if/than." (if you're an agnostic, than you're : XXXX"

an agnostic
Welcome to the majority of population earth who don’t know everything, can’t prove much of anything else and talk mostly about what they only ‘wish’ they knew but don’t need to give it a Name? :) Though neither right nor wrong and it’s certainly your prerogative to sit on the fence; did you ever think of Making Up Your Mind About It, as long as it’s not evil, and ‘going with it’ to see what it might lead to? Most common synonyms perhaps for agnostic:
unsure, ignorant, clueless, dumbfounded, constipated, wishy-washy, lofty, whiney, honest, uncommitted, hypocrite, doubtful, along with hundreds of others most of which perhaps most people would probably not want to be thought of ‘as’?
Some possibly expected and mostly humorous responses for when someone says: “Hey everyone, I’m agnostic.”:
1. Who cares? 2. Either go or get off the pot. 3. Oh sorry; my condolences. 4. Why? 5. And You’re proud of that because? 6. What time is it? 7. Good for you. 8. Have you tried therapy? 9. Love to stay and chat but I’ve actually made up my mind to be something today. 10. How? 11. Is it contagious/hereditary?

an atheist
Why do you call yourself an atheist when You can’t prove God does not exist any more than Christians can prove God does exist? So you’re proud of that because? Why do you like the taste of mustard? Why do you not like the taste of mustard? Who cares since believers cannot prove the existence of God any more than Science can prove God doesn’t exist or can prove the big bang theory or intelligent design or any other theories of how mankind was created. That’s why it’s called a “theory” because theories cannot be proven unless/until they are proven and you’ll almost certainly be deceased without ever knowing or proving?

But maybe you’re exploring forums because you’re not truly an atheist either and so you’re naturally trying to find out which “theory” might be best for You to believe? And if you really want to know if God exists, you shouldn’t be asking this forum but rather you have to ask God because that’s the way it works and if so, you’re in luck because your options are simple too? It’s either True or False that God exists. Which means:
1. False; if God doesn’t exist and you’re content to choose death as your inevitable destiny, then you will die an atheist.
2. True; if God does exist and you choose death instead of eternal life in paradise, then you will die an atheist and then be resurrected only to suffer God’s wrath for eternity instead.

Hmmm, wonder what a sane person would hope for? What were the choices again? Oh ya; it’s either eternal paradise or eternal suffering. Yikes that’s a toughy because who in their right mind would want to pass up the hope for ‘eternal suffering’? :)

3. a Christian
What are You doing in an anonymous forum? Do you not know the meaning of “anonymous” and ‘deception’ nor haven’t read 2 Corinthians 4:2? Do you think that God doesn’t notice believers are just using the Internet as an excuse to ‘avoid’ Having To Physically Go Into All The World and do what Jesus commands [Mark 16:15-18]? Ergo, most believers aren’t joining forums to serve God or experience fellowship in Christ but rather they just want to boast and start arguments and insult everyone who doesn’t agree with their limited understanding of “God” or even worse and perhaps more likely; they were tempted into a forum by the devil to distract them From God? Thus, “forums” created to entice idle lazy disobedient believers to cower behind Alias usernames being judgmental hypocrites hatefully spewing biblical quotes from ignorance instead of declaring their Real names and going into the Real world and serving God as they Really should be doing and perhaps like many believers that spend most of their time studying the bible instead of ‘doing’ what it says? Can you say: [BUSTED!]? ;)

No offense intended to anyone either and I’ve been accused of being each of the 3. :)

Note: Anyone posting ill-considered/vulgar comments will simply go on my Ignore List and won’t receive a response.

Apathetic is probably the best synonym for agnostic, far better than any of the bullshit you came up with. It's a matter of faith, and agnostics are the truly faithless. I don't know about a god, am willing to be honest about my human ignorance, and I don't care. Let that stuff get taken care of when I die, but I'm living right now and life it too short to get worked up about an unanswerable question.

So anyways, that's my response to your troll post. :thup:

At first you had me with your handle. I kinda liked it. But now that you have me shaking in my boots with fear of going on your ignore list .....

:eek:

Nice intro thread.
:cuckoo:

If you keep at it, you just might have close to all USMB members on your ignore list by the end of your first day here. Kudos!

I'm on an ignore list for calling it arrogant to broad-brush an entire group of people as, and I quote: "unsure, ignorant, clueless, dumbfounded, constipated, wishy-washy, lofty, whiney, honest, uncommitted, hypocrite, doubtful"

If you can't defend the reality which is this discussion, than don't post the discussion to begin with.

I'm an agnostic and I'm not sitting on the fence, I'm sitting in a nice comfortable sofa with some popcorn waiting for anyone to prove anything supernatural, or make a fool out of themselves trying. :popcorn:

arrogant broad-brush

Congrats, you're the first to make my ignore list. :clap2: Next?

You're a fucking cocksucking piece of motherfucking douchebag shit whom should've strangled yourself with your nasty-ass gooey umbilical cord the moment you slithered our of that skanky herpes-infefcted, dripping with AIDS juice anus, your worthless gob of ejaculate. :cool:

shaking in my boots

:welcome: Would those be cyberspace boots?

"just might have close to all USMB members on your ignore list"
Wouldn't that also depend on whether someone cared?

Heh stop shaking, you're not on the list yet. You need to get more inconsiderately aggressive that don't ya? Kudos, for first sign of intelligence? :razz:

OK--Let me point something out to online mystery

Let us assume GOD exist.

Now the questions becomes--which God? How many are there? Which ones are worthy of worship? Why worship a god? Is the Christian God better than the Hindi's God? Are the Hindi Gods better than the Nativist Gods?

And finally---

What will happen to Christianity if there were no christians? Would it become a mythology--like Hellenism? Are the miracles of Christianity even pertinent to humanity--or were they created to exalt the Christ? Why are the miracles taught if they can not be verified? Why is it that the Christ present miracles that only helped a few people while leaving the whole of Israel subjugated by the Roman invaders? Even Moses and Elijah(prophets) did what they could to perserve the people and even lead them into war, why would a messenger of christ advocate turning the other cheek when your home nation is being overrun by pagans and evil conquers?

Did Christ come to save Israel, or to weaken it through Pro-foreigner propaganda??

an agnostic

an atheist

3. a Christian

Trouble making friends?

Believe, don't believe, I couldn't care less.

It's a personal choice and as long as you don't proselytize we'll get along just fine.

Now, 0nLiNe DoUcHeBaG, do me the honor of putting me on your ignore list because G.T. is correct. It is with an arrogant broad-brush that you paint people. The swiftness with which you put G.T. on ignore rather than defend your OP tells me that your arrogance is not limited to your posts and hides your cowardice miserably.

Most of us have been witness to little shits like you. You think you know everything yet are unwilling to defend your ideas.

To quote Mr. Fitnah, fuck you.

Forum List

Back