“What I look for when seeking the Perfect Message Board”

-=d=- said:
Moderators take their guidance based upon the interpretation of the Owner of this board. Jim has made (what seems to me) clear criteria for banning, etc. I attempt to meet his intent with how I moderate. I'm sure the other moderators will concur.
1) Nobody is arguing otherwise; some are just making suggestions by using our "right of free speech".

2) I would assume (unless he is a dictator) that Jim would listen to and possibly even take the advice of his moderators... especially since they are here so much and interact with the members much more than he.... I view mods as being a kind of "Board of Advisors".

freeandfun1
2) I would assume (unless he is a dictator) that Jim would listen to and possibly even take the advice of his moderators... especially since they are here so much and interact with the members much more than he.... I view mods as being a kind of "Board of Advisors

Sounds good but Im not sure he sees it that way, I see us as more like referees on a soccer field (probably a bad anaology) :gs: :teeth:

Bonnie said:
Sounds good but Im not sure he sees it that way, I see us as more like referees on a soccer field (probably a bad anaology) :gs: :teeth:
Maybe more like a referee in a WWF match...

freeandfun1 said:
Frankly, I find it quite interesting that Gabby came in here trying to insult anything and anybody she could and now is starting to sound like a mild middle of the roader....

This is the exact reason I like "those" people on the board. With enough debate, arguments, etc - who knows, someone might see the light and cross over to the bright side.

GotZoom said:
This is the exact reason I like "those" people on the board. With enough debate, arguments, etc - who knows, someone might see the light and cross over to the bright side.
Not sure what you are saying, sorry.

freeandfun1 said:
Not sure what you are saying, sorry.

Someone comes in here so anti-Bush, anti-Republican, etc (as you mentioned Gabby started out but she is softening), and we all get into a rumble (notice the WWE phrase?).

But then something happens. "They" begin to soften, see our way of thinking, see the error in their ways, realize we are right, etc.

GotZoom said:
Someone comes in here so anti-Bush, anti-Republican, etc (as you mentioned Gabby started out but she is softening), and we all get into a rumble (notice the WWE phrase?).

But then something happens. "They" begin to soften, see our way of thinking, see the error in their ways, realize we are right, etc.
My point was that I doubt that she really was that rabid to begin with. I have belonged to too many boards and I have seen rabid liberals as "she" first came in here acting like and those kind do not change. I doubt her... how do I put this... "reality". It appears to me as if she might have been "created".

jimnyc said:
I'm willing to take advice/input from both moderators and board regulars. I try the best I can to impement those ideas I feel would make a positive difference in the board.

There will in fact be some modifications and/or additions to the rules in the near future.

Also, I believe someone mentioned possible mods such as Civil Liberty and Isaac Brock. Isaac was offered the position once in the past and declined. Once again I have reached out to him and I hope he'll accept this time. Unfortunately, some mods end up taking a bit of abuse, and I think Isaac just wants a peaceful board where he can debate for enjoyment rather than to rile people up.

I will be starting a thread soon, open to the entire board, to allow those to offer their opinions, gripes and any changes they would like to see implemented. After a period of 3 days or so I will lock this thread and make sure I then respond to each and every concerned member.

-Jim
Sounds like a great idea.

Forum List

Back