What I expect will happen in the coming year. We are headed into Collapse.

I'm not going to be a partisan hack like a lot of people in this thread already. Both political parties are to blame. But I will say, what's amazing to me is that the so-called "free market" neo-cons don't understand the nature of speculation!

You post home values as an indicator of loss of wealth and blame Obama for not fixing it. Uhm you do realize that the nature of speculation is that it can fold? The real estate bubble was both commercial and individual - with every mom and dad thinking they could buy a house and flip it for 10k-100k over what they put into it and make a quick buck! When you have a nation of salesmen pushing a product at inflated values hoping to get rich quick (ive flipped more than one house so I know it's not amazingly quick, but I mean relatively)...there's risk and there's the possibility of loss of wealth.

Nice post of worthless graphs, btw. I've seen the same graphs in this very forum get debunked as having skewed baseline numbers or selectively choosing the year ranges to look melodramatically bad. But let's take your industrial production graph - the first one you posted. You do realize that the slide started before Obama could propose even his first legislation, right?

Dems aren't immune either. They need to stop being such wusses and ram through the legislation that they morally believe is the right thing for the country. Don't do it half-assed. Test your plan and see if it really works. Republican'ts can't take their ball, stamp their foot and go home...then complain that no one would play with them. Work with Dems or get the hell out of the way.

Damn more graph charts than Ross Perot!

But they must all be wrong since they show serious decline before Obama became president.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back