What I am seeing on here lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreenHornet

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2017
A lot of posts being moved and closed recently for very nebulous reasons in my opinion.

Such as "The CDZ is not intended to provide protected space for one’s personal soapbox. It is meant for civil discourse and that means the OP must lend itself to that."

Could someone explain what the term 'personal soapbox' means?...we all have personal opinions and the desire to express them explains why we participate on the various message boards.....as it is much easier than going to some busy street corner and standing on a box voicing one's opinions. So I just do not get this reasoning cited above for closing a thread. Again I can understand removing posts that violate the rules....but to shut down a thread is not the answer especially when it is getting so many hits obviously indicating a lot of interest...and I did not see anything really outrageous...it seemed civil for the most part.

"We must
, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." Benjamin Franklin -In the Continental Congress just before signing the Declaration of Independence, 1776.

Well that is my 'feedback' for the day. A question of fairness.

Last edited:
A lot of posts being moved and closed recently for very nebulous reasons in my opinion.

Such as "The CDZ is not intended to provide protected space for one’s personal soapbox. It is meant for civil discourse and that means the OP must lend itself to that."

Could someone explain what the term 'personal soapbox' means?...we all have personal opinions and the desire to express them explains why we participate on the various message boards.....as it is much easier than going to some busy street corner and standing on a box voicing one's opinions. So I just do not get this reasoning cited above for closing a thread. Again I can understand removing posts that violate the rules....but to shut down a thread is not the answer especially when it is getting so many hits obviously indicating a lot of interest...and I did not see anything really outrageous...it seemed civil for the most part.

"We must
, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately." Benjamin Franklin -In the Continental Congress just before signing the Declaration of Independence, 1776.

Since free speech is valuable, I hope your & our comments are not restricted ... if “fair play” is enforced via very basic rules. Hopefully, the forum rules make sense & are explained, if necessary.

"We must

STOP posting on the open board things we ask you to PM Staff over. Tired of telling you.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back