What Hilary can teach Sarah Palin

It must be nice to live in your black and white fantasy world where "lefties" are all evil people intent on destroying the country and all of your own folks are upstanding moral citizens who help old ladies onto the bus.

Your mentality reminds me of this quote:

"Do you wish to find out a person's weak points? Note the
failings he has the quickest eye for in others. They may not
be the very failings he is himself guilty of; but they
will be their next-door-neighbors."
--Julius Hare

Give me a freakin' break. The media went out of their way to tear her apart in every manner possible. You're the one living in fantasy land if you truly believe they would have left her children alone. Don't you read the newpapers, watch tv? You would have to have had your head buried in the sand for the entire campaign cycle to make the comment that you made. Give me a break. :cuckoo:

The media tore Palin apart because she made embarrassing dumbass comments throughout the campaign that reflected on her questionable abilities to be VP. Whose fault is that?

We're not talking about her, though, we're talking about her kids. Palin was the one who paraded her whole dysfunctional family in front of the nation so she shouldn't be surprised when someone makes a comment about them. They asked for the attention and they got it so I have no sympathy.

(snipped....)

And that is exactly what the original question was about -- not about her political acumen or lack thereof.

And what would the left and msm done had she tried to hide her children and her daughter's pregnancy from the public? Get real.

So, you're moaning about her "parading" her kids around, but the question was "What if she had hidden her children away from the public?" You'd still be moaning, as would the media, 'cause then you'd have been saying she had something to hide.

Xenophon is right--Palin accomplished more in politics than Hillary.

Now for experience with the Law, Hillary wins. Of course, not all of her experience with the law are good experiences with the law.....

You'd have to be a Republican to attempt comparison of Sara Palin's political career, brief and inconsequential to Hillary Clinton's two successful senatorial campaigns and now her job as secretary of state.

Palin should be in a quiet spot studying, reflecting, so that she can safely open her stupid mouth in a couple of years or so without embarrassing herself and everyone around her. She's an opportunist with nothing to back up her claims that she is good enough to be on a presidential ticket even if it was only with John McCain.

Most of Hillary's experience with the law have been in the breaking of it.

However, I have to say Hillary did nothing but gain my admiration for the dogged way she has clawed her way up. She has taken some very hard blows, and I despise the woman on many levels but she is fucking tough.

Palin's tough, too. I'd LOVE to get a look behind the scenes at her family right now, it would be great copy...but I don't see that happening.

Palin will deal with whatever crap the Dems throw at her. She's got a sense of humor and her family appears to be made of nails as well. I think the next few years are going to be very interesting.

Let me see things Hillary could teach Palin??? Would that include ignoring the insult implicit in a philandering husband who will apprently try to get it on with anything with two legs and a hole instead of a pole between them?

Let me see things Hillary could teach Palin??? Would that include ignoring the insult implicit in a philandering husband who will apprently try to get it on with anything with two legs and a hole instead of a pole between them?

C'mon.... That's teaching "Stand by your man"!

give it a rest. you democwats treated the Clinton's like shit too.. DUmbass! :lol:

How do you figure?

CHELSEE CLINTON WAS ATTACKED BY LEFT WING REPORTERS TOO!

You obviously did not see the left wing reporters attack Chelsee when she was campaigning with her mother. Asking outrageous questions, regarding her fathers previous affairs.

"This did not come from the right--it came from the left"--in their full throttle support of Barack Obama & their all out effort to destroy Hillary Clinton--they went after her child. (These questions of Chelsee--were designed to embarrass & hurt not only Chelsee but her mother.) Just like they were designed to embarrass & hurt Sarah Palin & her daughters.

BTW--You obviously missed all this--because you were not watching Fox News-during the primary season--who trashed these reporters for going after Chelsee like that.

1. You do not go after the children of politicans regardless if they're 2 or 75 years old. They are not running for elected office--they are simply an innocent by-stander & should be completely left alone. DO YOU GET THIS YET?

2. You do not sexually attack by making sexually illicit comments toward any woman in this country. Women have fought for decades against men like David Letterman.

3. If Letterman, or any other male, or female for that matter, had made these same kind of sexual comments toward a co-worker (even jokingly) they would be in serious jeapordy of loosing their jobs right now. It's called sexual harrasement.

If these kind of comments were allowed to continue--how many women do YOU believe would ever want to run for elected office--if they live in fear that their families will be attacked?

Last edited:
give it a rest. you democwats treated the Clinton's like shit too.. DUmbass! :lol:

How do you figure?

CHELSEE CLINTON WAS ATTACKED BY LEFT WING REPORTERS TOO!

You obviously did not see the left wing reporters attack Chelsee when she was campaigning with her mother. Asking outrageous questions, regarding her fathers previous affairs.

"This did not come from the right--it came from the left"--in their full throttle support of Barack Obama & their all out effort to destroy Hillary Clinton--they went after her child. (These questions of Chelsee--were designed to embarrass & hurt not only Chelsee but her mother.) Just like they were designed to embarrass & hurt Sarah Palin & her daughters.

BTW--You obviously missed all this--because you were not watching Fox News-during the primary season--who trashed these reporters for going after Chelsee like that.

1. You do not go after the children of politicans regardless if they're 2 or 75 years old. They are not running for elected office--they are simply an innocent by-stander & should be completely left alone. DO YOU GET THIS YET?

2. You do not sexually attack by making sexually illicit comments toward any woman in this country. Women have fought for decades against men like David Letterman.

3. If Letterman, or any other male, or female for that matter, had made these same kind of sexual comments toward a co-worker (even jokingly) they would be in serious jeapordy of loosing their jobs right now. It's called sexual harrasement.

If these kind of comments were allowed to continue--how many women do YOU believe would ever want to run for elected office--if they live in fear that their families will be attacked?

'Scuse me.... Chelsea was NOT a kid. She was a full-grown woman who CHOSE TO STUMP FOR MOM on the campaign trail. She put herself on the bullseye of the target. Kinda disingenuous, after being sheltered from the media for all those years, to go public for one who sheltered you from the media, and then cry, "I am not going to answer that!"

By the way, a certain other comedian said:

Gov. Palin announced over the weekend that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant. And you thought John Edwards was in trouble before! Now he has really done it -- "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno," 9/2/08

Where was the outrage over that joke?

Odd how there have been no responses to this and another post that showed Palin's delayed and selective outrage.

Gov. Palin announced over the weekend that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant. And you thought John Edwards was in trouble before! Now he has really done it -- "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno," 9/2/08

Odd how there have been no responses to this and another post that showed Palin's delayed and selective outrage.

Why don't we just parade a longer list of them?

"And some sad news. Bristol Palin, Sarah Palin's daughter, has broken up with babydaddy Levi Johnston. I was stunned when I heard. I mean, really, if two kids without a decent education and no jobs and a baby can't make it, what hope is there for the rest of us?" --Jay Leno

"Bristol Palin, remember Bristol Palin? Sarah Palin's knocked up daughter? She was going to marry the young hockey player, Levi. Remember Levi? Free Levi, I love Levi. Well, apparently Bristol and Levi broke up. Bristol said she wants her baby raised free of ignorance and backwoods superstition. But you can't stop Mom from visiting." -- Bill Maher

"Bristol Palin and Levi Johnson have broken up. That's right. That's right. And apparently it was not that big a surprise. Even the Russians saw it coming." -- David Letterman

"Another big bailout yesterday. Levi Johnson bailed out of his engagement to Sarah Palin's daughter. It's now officially confirmed that Bristol Palin has broken off her engagement to Levi Johnson, the father of her baby. Yeah. See, their relationship never evolved because they don't believe in evolution." -- Jay Leno

"In an interview with Fox News, Gov. Sarah Palin's daughter, 18-year-old Bristol Palin -- remember Bristol Palin, who had the baby? Well, she talked in the interview. She said, 'A year ago, I never would have thought I would become a mom or that my mom was going to be chosen to be a vice presidential candidate.' Oddly enough, both things happened because some guy failed to take the proper precautions." --Jay Leno

"Hey, some sad news. Bristol Palin, you know, the daughter of Governor Sarah Palin, and her fiance, Levi Johnston, have broken up. Well, who could have seen that coming? Ironically, you know what happened? She could see him with another girl from her front porch." --Jay Leno

"Hey, congratulations to Gov. Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol, who had her baby. They named the baby Tripp, which is better than the name Sarah Palin suggested. She wanted to call the kid Joe the Baby." --Jay Leno

"You know who is really, really happy that John McCain did not win last night? The boyfriend of Sarah Palin's daughter. He doesn't have to get married now. 'Whew, thank God!'" --Jay Leno

"Sarah Palin is going to drop the first puck at the Philadelphia Flyers' hockey game. Then Palin will spend the rest of the game trying to keep the hockey players out of her daughter's penalty box." --Conan O'Brien

"You know, they're watching this interview, this is the first time she's really sat down and talked. Political experts say that during the interview, she did a pretty good job convincing voters that she's qualified. Yeah, Palin says she has plenty of experience, and that her daughter has a little too much experience." --Conan O'Brien

"Did you see Governor Sarah Palin on the cover of Newsweek? Look, she's holding a shotgun. Holding a shotgun. This picture was taken right after she announced that guy would be marrying her pregnant daughter." --Jay Leno

"Experts say -- this is interesting -- that since Sarah Palin became the vice presidential nominee, there's been an actual spike in the sales of her style of eyeglasses. Gone way up. Yeah. Yeah, with Palin's glasses, you'll be able to see everything, except what the hell your teenage daughter's up to." --Conan O'Brien

"The Republican Convention is under way. The theme for tonight's Republican Convention is, 'Who is John McCain?' Tomorrow night's theme is, 'Who forgot to check if the Vice President's daughter is pregnant?'" --Conan O'Brien

"Governor Palin announced over the weekend that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant. Oh, boy, you thought John Edwards was in trouble before, now he's really done it!" --Jay Leno

"It was an unplanned pregnancy, but the Palins say their daughter will marry the young man. He's a fellow high school student of hers. His name is Levi Johnston. They even found his MySpace page, which they pulled down immediately, but before they did we found out that he's a 'f***ing redneck,' is what he said, and another quote from him, 'I don't want kids.' Remember when the Republicans compared Barack Obama to Britney Spears? Now they've got their their own Jamie Lynn." --Jimmy Kimmel

Perhaps the plausible explanation is that she was too busy campaigning at the time? But I suppose, so long as there's a moving target she's fair game, right?

Perhaps the plausible explanation is that she was too busy campaigning at the time? But I suppose, so long as there's a moving target she's fair game, right?

Too busy to be outraged? Does that make any sense to you? It shouldn't.

Palin is a publicity whore and decided to get outraged to feed her hunger for attention.

"And some sad news. Bristol Palin, Sarah Palin's daughter, has broken up with babydaddy Levi Johnston. I was stunned when I heard. I mean, really, if two kids without a decent education and no jobs and a baby can't make it, what hope is there for the rest of us?" --Jay Leno

"Bristol Palin, remember Bristol Palin? Sarah Palin's knocked up daughter? She was going to marry the young hockey player, Levi. Remember Levi? Free Levi, I love Levi. Well, apparently Bristol and Levi broke up. Bristol said she wants her baby raised free of ignorance and backwoods superstition. But you can't stop Mom from visiting." -- Bill Maher

"Bristol Palin and Levi Johnson have broken up. That's right. That's right. And apparently it was not that big a surprise. Even the Russians saw it coming." -- David Letterman

"Another big bailout yesterday. Levi Johnson bailed out of his engagement to Sarah Palin's daughter. It's now officially confirmed that Bristol Palin has broken off her engagement to Levi Johnson, the father of her baby. Yeah. See, their relationship never evolved because they don't believe in evolution." -- Jay Leno

"In an interview with Fox News, Gov. Sarah Palin's daughter, 18-year-old Bristol Palin -- remember Bristol Palin, who had the baby? Well, she talked in the interview. She said, 'A year ago, I never would have thought I would become a mom or that my mom was going to be chosen to be a vice presidential candidate.' Oddly enough, both things happened because some guy failed to take the proper precautions." --Jay Leno

"Hey, some sad news. Bristol Palin, you know, the daughter of Governor Sarah Palin, and her fiance, Levi Johnston, have broken up. Well, who could have seen that coming? Ironically, you know what happened? She could see him with another girl from her front porch." --Jay Leno

"Hey, congratulations to Gov. Sarah Palin's daughter Bristol, who had her baby. They named the baby Tripp, which is better than the name Sarah Palin suggested. She wanted to call the kid Joe the Baby." --Jay Leno

"You know who is really, really happy that John McCain did not win last night? The boyfriend of Sarah Palin's daughter. He doesn't have to get married now. 'Whew, thank God!'" --Jay Leno

"Sarah Palin is going to drop the first puck at the Philadelphia Flyers' hockey game. Then Palin will spend the rest of the game trying to keep the hockey players out of her daughter's penalty box." --Conan O'Brien

"You know, they're watching this interview, this is the first time she's really sat down and talked. Political experts say that during the interview, she did a pretty good job convincing voters that she's qualified. Yeah, Palin says she has plenty of experience, and that her daughter has a little too much experience." --Conan O'Brien

"Did you see Governor Sarah Palin on the cover of Newsweek? Look, she's holding a shotgun. Holding a shotgun. This picture was taken right after she announced that guy would be marrying her pregnant daughter." --Jay Leno

"Experts say -- this is interesting -- that since Sarah Palin became the vice presidential nominee, there's been an actual spike in the sales of her style of eyeglasses. Gone way up. Yeah. Yeah, with Palin's glasses, you'll be able to see everything, except what the hell your teenage daughter's up to." --Conan O'Brien

"The Republican Convention is under way. The theme for tonight's Republican Convention is, 'Who is John McCain?' Tomorrow night's theme is, 'Who forgot to check if the Vice President's daughter is pregnant?'" --Conan O'Brien

"Governor Palin announced over the weekend that her 17-year-old unmarried daughter is five months pregnant. Oh, boy, you thought John Edwards was in trouble before, now he's really done it!" --Jay Leno

"It was an unplanned pregnancy, but the Palins say their daughter will marry the young man. He's a fellow high school student of hers. His name is Levi Johnston. They even found his MySpace page, which they pulled down immediately, but before they did we found out that he's a 'f***ing redneck,' is what he said, and another quote from him, 'I don't want kids.' Remember when the Republicans compared Barack Obama to Britney Spears? Now they've got their their own Jamie Lynn." --Jimmy Kimmel

Palin is a publicity whore and decided to get outraged to feed her hunger for attention.

Odd that you would whine about the lack of response(s) and subsequently snip the response.... Did you not appreciate the "hit parade"? I can see why you wouldn't. Without it, your "rebuttal" might actually make sense....

Odd that you would whine about the lack of response(s) and subsequently snip the response.... Did you not appreciate the "hit parade"? I can see why you wouldn't. Without it, your "rebuttal" might actually make sense....

Your quotes supported my point so there was no point in repeating them but your conclusion was ridiculous.

Your quotes supported my point so there was no point in repeating them but your conclusion was ridiculous.

Yeah, I can absolutely see how "ridiculous" it was to suggest that a person who spent sooooooo many hours on the campaign trail might not have the time to realize that the late night assholes were making such comments, much less take the time to respond to them. But now that she isn't campaigning, is is merely carrying her usual daily routine, it makes a little more sense that this person is paying a little more attention to such details -- particuarly since this person was taking a break from her daily routine and traveling with one of her young children.

What else you got?

Obviously you've never heard of the straw that broke the camels back. Bristol wasn't at the game so how pray tell was ARod going to knock her up during the seventh inning stretch. The only Palin daughter at the game was the fourteen year old. Your lame old fart of a hero who really lost his comedic touch shortly after Bush was elected either didn't consider that little fact or didn't care which Palin daughter he slurred.

Yeah, I can absolutely see how "ridiculous" it was to suggest that a person who spent sooooooo many hours on the campaign trail might not have the time to realize that the late night assholes were making such comments, much less take the time to respond to them. But now that she isn't campaigning, is is merely carrying her usual daily routine, it makes a little more sense that this person is paying a little more attention to such details -- particuarly since this person was taking a break from her daily routine and traveling with one of her young children.

What else you got?

You don't think candidates pay any attention to comments that are made about them in the press during a campaign? If anything, that is a time when they are MOST likely to respond to do damage control and keep the poll numbers up.

Obviously you've never heard of the straw that broke the camels back. Bristol wasn't at the game so how pray tell was ARod going to knock her up during the seventh inning stretch. The only Palin daughter at the game was the fourteen year old.

That is irrelevant. Comedians take liberties with the facts in order to sustain a joke and because of Bristol's reputation as an unwed mother (thanks to her mother), it is easy to see that Letterman was referring to Bristol, not Willow.

Obviously you've never heard of the straw that broke the camels back. Bristol wasn't at the game so how pray tell was ARod going to knock her up during the seventh inning stretch. The only Palin daughter at the game was the fourteen year old. Your lame old fart of a hero who really lost his comedic touch shortly after Bush was elected either didn't consider that little fact or didn't care which Palin daughter he slurred.

everyone normal realized it was a joke and was about Bristol, not Willow ... not a good joke, but a joke nonetheless....

feel free not to watch letterman. i'm sure it won't break his heart.

slurred? doesn't the radical right ever get tired of the faux outrage thing? *shrug*

and if sarah has a problem with having jokes made about her daughter, she should feel free to stop parading her around for her own selfish political reasons.

Last edited:

everyone normal realized it was a joke and was about Bristol, not Willow ... not a good joke, but a joke nonetheless....

feel free not to watch letterman. i'm sure it won't break his heart.

slurred? doesn't the radical right ever get tired of the faux outrage thing? *shrug*

and if sarah has a problem with having jokes made about her daughter, she should feel free to stop parading her around for her own selfish political reasons.

Excellent post. Sarah will be happy to hear that Letterman's rating are going UP.

Cheerfulness and Hillary Clinton do not belong in the same sentence.

did that actually relate to anything in this thread? if you use the quote function, perhaps we'll know what you're referring to.

as for Hillary's sense of humor... the people who work with her (dem and repub) tend to like her personally and talk about what a good sense of humor she has.

but whatever....

Forum List

Back