What Have You Done To Buy Cheap Gas?

The CHEAPEST gasoline you can buy is the gasoline you don't use.

Easier said than done, I fully understand.

You know...one of the ausming things that comes of my posting here is my recognition of how easy it is for me to give truly good advice, and how seldomly I take my own advice to heart in my own life.

As I review my own posts over the last year or so I realize that I'm not doing all the smart things I propose we all do, either.

I have not sold my house even though I think that is a good idea because RE is still collapsing.

I have not sold my house even though it costs me more to keep going than I can really afford.

I have not moved into a city where I could jettison my vehicle entirely thus saving me staggering amounts of money on transporation.

I have not invested in things I KNEW were likely to reap me returns.

I seem to have developed into the kind of person I never used to be... a person who does not put into action that which he KNOWs is likely the best move to make.

Yeah, I know I am talking to myself, here.

But doing so publically is apt to encentivize me to get off my ass.

So thanks for being being there so I could TESTIFY, brothers and sisters.

If you are going to move, move closer to were your food is produced.

Gas comes from my animal pens. Diesel comes from me heating-filtering restaurant fryer waste.
I do have to buy some once in a while when I'm busy watching murkin idolatry or in jeopardy and don't have time to pump it through the filters.

...while when I'm busy watching murkin idolatry or in jeopardy and don't have time to pump it through the filters.

You go for those kinds of shows huh?

z-695.jpg

I became a crack whore.[/quote

you still cant pay for a tank of gas even with that

gas here ....last time i checked was hovering at 3.70 to 3.75....

if we cross the border and go into tn we can normally get it cheaper.....our gas is outta la ...their is out of texas....makes a big difference....we have had total gas shortages and they have plenty of gas.....but i am like h its hard to justify driving 20 miles to save a few pennies on the gal...but if i am over that way for any reason i am sure to fill up my tank

Yeah - Gas has been lower in TN than national average. Last time I looked it's been about $3.68 - $3.69 here. Frankly, I don't much look for lower prices - I don't need the pain of knowing. I need the gas and buy it. Sometimes I just go inside and slap an amount of money on the counter and let them set the tank. Of course, I don't have to buy gas often, but still.

I drive very little. I have to have a reason, and a good one that's necessary at that, to even start and back the vehicle out of the garage. Groceries, an appointment, or some other priority need. If I want to joy ride, it's on the Harley. That gets 50 miles to the gallon highway. I'm surprised there isn't a mad rush to the motorcycle dealers to buy bikes, any make, considering how many miles per gallon they get, not to mention how much fun they are to ride.

I'm beginning to think it's time to sell the house in the country where a vehicle is absolutely necessary and find some urban setting where it isn't.

Drats! I like living where most people don't!

I saw this situation coming long ago - which is why I bought a house near public transit in the mid 1990s.

U.S. Americans have been getting their gasoline for almost nothing for over 100 years. (I believe it is still cheaper than beer). I understand how painful it is when you suddenly have to start paying for something you have been getting for free for so long and I understand this is going to cause a significant amount of inflation within the USA and a devaluation of the US Dollar overseas. But this is the way the free market works.

I don't believe in cruising around in a big heavy truck all day long. I do not consider the automobile to be a flashy toy which gives me status in the community. I do not need a big heavy cruiser to verify my masculinity. I consider the auto to be only a means of transportation. I prefer to live close by my job; within walking distance if ever possible. The best cars in the world are the smallest ones, in my opinion.

Europeans pay about $9.80 per gallon and their economy is doing just fine.

The world is changing. We must change our habits in order to survive.

PS: The biggest thing Americans should be complaining about is the rediculous high price of rent, not the price of gasoline. Your landlords are all extortionists!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back