What Have We Learned?

I think there's government spending and there's government spending. The invasion and occupation of Iraq is an example of bad government spending. Stimulating a domestic economy is an example of good government spending.

Exactly.

Notice how BITTER the wing nuts are because Obama has acted quickly to try to save America.

They would rather America go down the tubes.

Of course most of them are retired military, so they are on the public sugar tit.

I have ask this before, retard. Are you saying retirement is a social program? That when one fulfills the requirements to rate retirement from some job, private or Federal, that they should then not be paid their retirement cause they did not earn it or because somehow earned retirement is welfare now?

Or are you trying to claim that JUST Federal retirement is some how a social program or welfare? Be specific, tell us how we are sucking at the tit when we EARNED our RETIREMENT by fulfilling a work requirement for the stated number of years or were disabled while doing it?

Where do you work? I want to know so I can inform them that you should not be given any retirement package of any kind because you think they are welfare and unearned.

I think there's government spending and there's government spending. The invasion and occupation of Iraq is an example of bad government spending. Stimulating a domestic economy is an example of good government spending.

Exactly.

Notice how BITTER the wing nuts are because Obama has acted quickly to try to save America.

They would rather America go down the tubes.

Of course most of them are retired military, so they are on the public sugar tit.

I have ask this before, retard. Are you saying retirement is a social program? That when one fulfills the requirements to rate retirement from some job, private or Federal, that they should then not be paid their retirement cause they did not earn it or because somehow earned retirement is welfare now?

Or are you trying to claim that JUST Federal retirement is some how a social program or welfare? Be specific, tell us how we are sucking at the tit when we EARNED our RETIREMENT by fulfilling a work requirement for the stated number of years or were disabled while doing it?

Where do you work? I want to know so I can inform them that you should not be given any retirement package of any kind because you think they are welfare and unearned.
chris is a moron, dont bother much with what he says
he doesnt even know what he is saying himself

I sort of agree. There's a missile that provides nothing back to society. And then there's a bridge that is somewhat useful to society, even if it may be poorly constructed. But one can't disagree that -all- types of government spending displaces people out of work.
actually, it takes people to BUILD those missiles
so it does provide jobs
if you dont think so, look up why Tip O'Neil kept the Army procurement of A-10 warthogs well past what they ever wanted
(hint, look where they were being built)

I meant, as a net, there will be job loss. Of course, the lucky few that get an overpaid government job will, surely, be working at the expense of a few poor saps who would have to be laid off eventually because capital has been diverted to be spent by the government.

Case in point, this stimulus package. Even by aggressive Obama estimates, that don't take into account such displacement as a result of diverted capital in the long run, he hopes to create 3 million jobs with the $787B package. That's $262,000 per job created. The private market can create jobs -much- more efficiently than that. Not to mention, the jobs would be producing things that consumers want, around the world, netting more capital to rinse & repeat the process. Also, one should take into account that Obama will destroy more jobs than will ever be created, you can see why time and time again, when Keynesian stimulus are tried, they have a negative effect, such as prolonging a depression for 10 years as it did in the 1930s.

Chris... Sure hope you picked a color of Kool-Aid that doesn't stain too bad... I hear they had an invisible type out a while back. Don't want you staining anything.

By the way there is one thing we have most certainly learned over the lst fifty years and that is that there is no religion in the world that can hold a candle to to the average leftist when it comes to a fanatical willingness to believe in crap that has already proven empiracally to be false more times than you can count.

I agree, I'm sure that will be too confusing to liberals and their economic ideology.

Its pretty basic stuff!

Instead people are racking up more debt then ever, the government is spending way too much money on needless social programs, unemployment is an epidemic, those who never worked ever are entitled to more then the bottom of the barrel working class and the politicians pander it all.

Left wing priorities will destroy this nation.

Hey dingbat, who doubled the National Debt in eight years? And who were the pork barrel prima donnas for that eight years? Who went to war on the basis of lies and spent over 4200 lives, and more money than this stimulas for those lies?

You fellows will spend any amount on ill advised military adventures, pork, tax breaks for the very wealthy, but the idea of something for the citizens of the nation is just more than you can bear.

But just sit back and watch. You are no longer in the drivers seat.

Hey DIPSHIT, who will TRIPLE the National Debt in 8 years if all his spending plans are enacted? Trillions of deficit dollars planned to be spent. How is it bad for Bush but ok for Obama?

its all in the delivery..The Obama is driving up debt to be your savoiur...

Why all the revisionist talk of Bush. I agree he spent like it was going out of style but the libs screamed about it ever step of the way.

True.

It would seem from the liberal posts, that excessive government spending is OK if it is done by one of their own.

Not quite.

Deficit spending is okay if it done for a rational purpose that in the long run will help the nation.

In the case of the Iraq war, many of us so called liberals had our doubts that the money was well spent.

In the case of this bailout, this so-called liberal is less than convinced that the way they're planning on investing this money now is rational, too.

I have yet to see one lib admit that this bill was a mistake or that even some of the pork was a mistake.

Well then YOU haven't been paying very close attention to what many of us have been writing about it, have you?

To blindly follow party lines is the mistake.

Yes it is.

I agree with the one poster that Obama did not inherit this mess, he campaigned for it and won.

Of course you do...except when you do it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back