What Have Our Soldiers Won?

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Bonnie, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    by Jack Wakeland
    Oct 28, 2005

http://www.tiadaily.com/php-bin/news/showArticle.php?id=1058

2. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

speaking from a Vietnam era vet's point of view...maybe more politicians on all sides should send their kids on this mission to bolster the espree de core sorta speak...just one mans opinion mind ya! :usa:

3. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Really, Bonnie, I have been severely ostrasized for posting an article without an accompaning opinion. In fact, I've been severely ostracized for posting entire articles period. But, I'm a limited one here.

This article speaks pretty much straight up, in my opinion. Jack Wakeland is not one that I typically read and accept as a truth that I might accept. But, he's going in an intelligent direction on this point, don't you agree?

4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    My opinion on wakefield is mixed but yes I think he makes some very good points..

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Every single troop represents an American policy that says that we will no longer sit on our asses and watch evil be allowed to congregate and plan to harm innocent people or civilized life styles. They are gaining valuable experience to pass on to new recuits that will help us if any enemy thinks that this type of warfare will succeed against the US. Sure there is still evil out there and in other countries and why don't we attack them all? Simple--we're not ready but we learn fast. Political pressure or "diplomacy" is far more potent when you have something to back it up with. Our military is now stronger,smarter and more experienced than it was prior to 9/11. If we don't screw them out of a clear victory they will also have some of the highest morale of any military in the world.

6. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    And your point is what, dilloduck?

Are you accusing vets like gunnyl and me of sitting on our asses and watching evil congregate and plan harm to the rest of us? GunnyL and I sealed our fate, or so we thought, by our enlistments. Are you saying that the US will succeed in this war on concept rather than it's now common nomenclature "War On Terror"? Do you intimate that US objectives, regardless how obscure and unintended or unforeseen, shall or should prevail?

We, The citizens of the United States Of America, have a right to know for what purpose we let blood and sacrifice our population and integrity.

But, maybe you just aren't into all that?

Psychoblues

7. LuvRPgrl

LuvRPgrl Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Try reading Gunnies post again. He said "WE" wont sit on "OUR" asses. that doesnt mean you and gunny....

you might think the mission is obscure, but many of us know what it is. The Marines know what it is. The administration knows what it is.

And where in the Constitution does it proclaim "knowing" these things as a legal right?

8. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    What part of "We" and "Our" do you have a particular problem with?

Psychoblues

9. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I don't see where dillo said anything of the sort. "We" as a Nation are unwilling to accept a world controlled by terror. Our military is merely a projection of that "We the people."

So "We the people" DO know what our military is fighting for since they are the forward projection of our will.

The majority has voted on you ostriches twice, and twice you have lost. We aren't going to ignore global terrorism as long as the majority puts people in office who represent that sentiment.

However, there was no personal statement made, and I really don't see where you get that.

10. Psychoblues

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I am unwilling to see a world controlled by terror. No, our military is not an extension or a projection of "We the People". WE, as military men, vow to protect our Constitution while obeying the orders of our Commander In Chief. In this case, our CIC is a freaking imbecile and not worthy or competent of directing military orders.

I fully recognise, whether you do or not, that our military is now trying to exert a force and power that their current CIC was unwilling to do when he was of age and requested to do the same. My will is not to do the will of the Halliburtons and ExxonMobiles (among others) of the world but to protect the values of freedom, justice and equality that I was raised to believe in.

You want World War? You have a lot of enemies on that list. Misunderstanding that calculation will be your fate, not your future.

Psychoblues