What has the world come to....

Itsmethatguy

May 20, 2009
So Bush Sr. was buddy buddy with the Saudi Arabian King, Bush Jr. walked hand in hand with the Saudi King, and Obama is bowing to the king...am I missing something here?

I thought we wanted countries to see our strength, not us bowing down to another country. Doesn't that show weakness to other countries? Isn't that basically paying homage to the Saudi's?

Yes I know we get oil from them, but not as much as you think we do. Most of our oil comes from the southern american countries, and Canada, so why are we paying homage to the Saudi king?

Theres a difference between being friendly, and paying homage, and right now we're being more than friendly.

Well thats my opinion anyway.

While it's true the Bush's were on good terms with the Saudi King while in political office, neither of them bowed down to him like Obama did. I don't think I completely understand what you're trying to say. The Saudi Arabian government doesn't have any stronghold over the US except our dependence on their oil. Is this what you're referring to?

Almost, but see if it was their oil, why dont we just kiss ass with canada or some south american country. their closer, and we get more from them. i guess my question is, why is our leaders kissing ass when we get only so much of their oil? why not kiss the ass of the canadian prime minister instead?

Forum List

Back