What has the Republican Party done for this country in the last 20 years?

Democrats are guiltless?

when did I mention democrats? this thread is about republicans and I posted republican approved and led initiatives that met the criteria I originally laid out that now has been attacked multiple times without any real substance

REPUBLICANS, mostly thanks to inaction and incompetence, did a bang up job of urban renewal on New Orleans.

I'm dubious that Atlanta or Houston is too thrilled with their method, but it has made way for a revitalized New Orleans in the next few decades.

Ray Nagin and Kathleen Blanco are Republicans? Who knew?

Nagin may not be a Republican, but he endorsed Republican Piyush Jindal for the governor's office, and as far as New Orleans politics goes, he's about as Republican as you can get w/o joining the Republican Party.

REPUBLICANS, mostly thanks to inaction and incompetence, did a bang up job of urban renewal on New Orleans.

I'm dubious that Atlanta or Houston is too thrilled with their method, but it has made way for a revitalized New Orleans in the next few decades.

Nagin may not be a Republican, but he endorsed Republican Piyush Jindal for the governor's office, and as far as New Orleans politics goes, he's about as Republican as you can get w/o joining the Republican Party.

Talk about trying to cloud the issue!

So, this must be "about as Republican as you can get..." to a Republican statement:

"We ask black people: it's time. It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild a New Orleans, the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans. And I don't care what people are saying Uptown or wherever they are. This city will be chocolate at the end of the day.

This city will be a majority African-American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way; it wouldn't be New Orleans."
Transcript of Nagin's speech

Bet you must be able to find lots of Republicans echoing that statement, eh?

Looks like the previous poster dug the pit and you got in there with your own shovel.

Last edited:
Clinton was impeached for "high crimes and misdemeanors" on the exact bill Nixon was impeached on. He was disbarred on the same grounds. Quit pretending it was all about a blowjob. That is a whitewash.
He deserved to be removed. Yet he remains a popular figure in the Democratic party. Especially among women, even though he is likely s serial rapist and abuser. Why?
Because the Democrats are the "Party of Fuck You."

Clinton was impeached for lying under oath about getting a blowjob.

Nixon was impeached for trying to cover up a break in at the opposition's headquarters in order to skew a national election in his favor.

Surely even you can see the difference.

So there are levels of lying under oath...is that what you're saying? Or more exactly, different levels of the truth...

This is what makes a liberal so hard to take seriously.

The difference is that no should should be going after someone else for getting a blowjob. What a waste of time and money, not to mention, it makes conservatives look even more ridiculous and silly. Especially since they seem to have a "fondness" for airports and boys.

And that's the real reason the right is angry. Because Monica wasn't a "dude".

Talk about trying to cloud the issue!

So, this must be "about as Republican as you can get..." to a Republican statement:

"We ask black people: it's time. It's time for us to come together. It's time for us to rebuild a New Orleans, the one that should be a chocolate New Orleans. And I don't care what people are saying Uptown or wherever they are. This city will be chocolate at the end of the day.

This city will be a majority African-American city. It's the way God wants it to be. You can't have New Orleans no other way; it wouldn't be New Orleans."
Transcript of Nagin's speech

Bet you must be able to find lots of Republics echoing that statement, eh?

Looks like the previous poster dug the pit and you got in there with your own shovel.

I'm not sure how that makes him liberal. He's just telling his constituents what they wanna hear like any politician.

He campaigned as a pro-business politician when he ran and won in 2002, and most of his campaign funding came from his own pocket. His biggest opponent, the 2nd place vote getter (now Chief Pennington of the Atlanta PD), was endorsed by now convicted felon Congressman William Jefferson.

You fail to understand how politics work here. Although not so much on a state level, but on a local level, there are still many places in Louisiana where a Republican simply cannot win. Its not because there aren't conservatives in the district, its because that's just the way it is. Probably has to do with our jungle primary - where the letter next to your name is irrelevant. You will frequently have run-offs between conservatives and liberals, but they both had 'D's' next to their name. John Georges, who lost to Mitch in the recent election, had a 'D' by his name but was unmistakably a conservative - in fact, he used to be a member of the Republican party.

Clinton was impeached for lying under oath about getting a blowjob.

Nixon was impeached for trying to cover up a break in at the opposition's headquarters in order to skew a national election in his favor.

Surely even you can see the difference.

So there are levels of lying under oath...is that what you're saying? Or more exactly, different levels of the truth...

The difference is that no should should be going after someone else for getting a blowjob. What a waste of time and money, not to mention, it makes conservatives look even more ridiculous and silly. Especially since they seem to have a "fondness" for airports and boys.

Not to mention Senator David Vitter whose stuck his dick in more whores than anyone knows.

So let me get this straight. The only time the Republican Party was any good was before all the liberals left and joined the Democratic Party and all the conservatives left the Democratic Party and joined the Republican Party? Is that what you're saying? 'Cuz if it is, I AGREE!

Now, watch out deanie-weanie, education is addictive.

Here, let me throw you another curve: do you know who passed the 14th amendment? You do know what an amendment is, don't you?

Hey, how about this kernel: can you guess why the OP only wants to go back 20 years?
'Cause that's how long you lefties have been subscribing to the NYTimes!
Isn't that where you learn your history?
Or is it Oliver Stone?

Well, not you, of course, weanie: the ones who can read...you know, more than bumper-stickers.

Oops! Just a bit of knowledge and your crown as the "Dumbest Poster on USMB" could be in jeopardy!

In your honor, weanie, a quote from Alexander Pope:
"A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again."

Now, take care, weanie, and write soon.

I read your reply and other than challenge his intellect, can't find where you point out anything specifically wrong with his posting.

Everything in the video was pre-1964. The 14 Amendment was like 1967 or 68.

So they call me names. They don't even know that all those Republican "accomplishments" were when the Republican Party was the "liberal" party, before they became the Confederate Republican Party of Teabags.

Not to mention Senator David Vitter whose stuck his dick in more whores than anyone knows.

When Vitter returned, Republicans gave him a "standing ovation". One presumes because his whores were women.

Can anyone say, "Jeff Gannon"?

Translation: He's not a Republican. But that doesn't fit my script so I have to make up a bunch of bullshit.
I'll bet he's eaten lunch with Republicans before. Damn, he'll be on the ticket in 2012.

Both parties have done the exact same thing for this country and true Patriotic Americans would thank both of them for it.

They kept debate alive in our law making.

Enough said on this trolling thread.

Both parties have done the exact same thing for this country and true Patriotic Americans would thank both of them for it.

That is absolutely NOT true.

The conservatives, which is currently the "Republican" Party, has always been nearly all white and mostly all Christian. They are "conservatives" because they don't want things to change. "Conserve" "Conservative"

The liberal party (currently called "Democrats") has aways been "everyone else". Legislation supporting positive social change, including anti-slavery, voting rights for women, child labor laws and gay rights have always come from the liberals. Always.

Just the fact that only 6% of scientists are Republican speaks volumes.

To say they are the same is buying into right wing bullshit. It's like, "Republicans are "turds" because Democrats are "turds"."

No, Republicans are "turds" all on their own.

Now, watch out deanie-weanie, education is addictive.

Here, let me throw you another curve: do you know who passed the 14th amendment? You do know what an amendment is, don't you?

Hey, how about this kernel: can you guess why the OP only wants to go back 20 years?
'Cause that's how long you lefties have been subscribing to the NYTimes!
Isn't that where you learn your history?
Or is it Oliver Stone?

Well, not you, of course, weanie: the ones who can read...you know, more than bumper-stickers.

Oops! Just a bit of knowledge and your crown as the "Dumbest Poster on USMB" could be in jeopardy!

In your honor, weanie, a quote from Alexander Pope:
"A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again."

Now, take care, weanie, and write soon.

I read your reply and other than challenge his intellect, can't find where you point out anything specifically wrong with his posting.

So they call me names. They don't even know that all those Republican "accomplishments" were when the Republican Party was the "liberal" party, before they became the Confederate Republican Party of Teabags.

I am chagrined.

I am forced to retreat, to retract, to respeak.

Earlier I suggested that you might learn something from my post, and said learning might jeopardize your ongiong victorious ownership of the "Dumbest Poster on the USMB..."

I was wrong...

This one statement, "The 14 Amendment was like 1967 or 68." will establish your complete and...do I dare? Yes, I'll say it: perpetual and eternal ownership of the DPUSMB!!

I'm sure you must have been thinking of General Patton's Charge in the Revolutionary War.

And, of couse, RightWingy will be right there cheering you on!

Congrats, my little history-challenged pup. In your own way: a kind of greatness.

The conservatives, which is currently the "Republican" Party, has always been nearly all white and mostly all Christian. They are "conservatives" because they don't want things to change. "Conserve" "Conservative"

The liberal party (currently called "Democrats") has aways been "everyone else". Legislation supporting positive social change, including anti-slavery, voting rights for women, child labor laws and gay rights have always come from the liberals. Always.

To say they are the same is buying into right wing bullshit. It's like, "Republicans are "turds" because Democrats are "turds"."

I believe you either have a reading comprehension issue or I did not articulate myself properly.
I will take the blame as I was the one who spoke, so I will say it differently.

The republican Party and the Democratic party are the two entities that create a two party system; a system that works. Regardless of the stance of either party, the two party system opens the door to debate. Debate is healthy as it pertains to legislation. It allows the lawmakers as well as the American People an opportunity to see issues from different points of view.

Not quite sure why you had to drag in race and science. Cant for the life of me see where the hell I said anything about the two parties being identical.
But whatever.

Anyway, I said it as clearly as I can. Do with it what you wish.

Last edited:

I am chagrined.

Earlier I suggested that you might learn something from my post, and said learning might jeopardize your ongiong victorious ownership of the "Dumbest Poster on the USMB..."

I was wrong...

This one statement, "The 14 Amendment was like 1967 or 68." will establish your complete and...do I dare? Yes, I'll say it: perpetual and eternal ownership of the DPUSMB!!

I'm sure you must have been thinking of General Patton's Charge in the Revolutionary War.

Congrats, my little history-challenged pup. In your own way: a kind of greatness.

So I go and look it up and it was 1868. My bad. Off by one digit. I said 1968. Eyes old.

I am chagrined.

I was wrong...

So I go and look it up and it was 1868. My bad. Off by one digit. I said 1968. Eyes old.

Do you know the reason for the amendment? Pop quiz.

I believe you either have a reading comprehension issue or I did not articulate myself properly.

The republican Party and the Democratic party are the two entities that create a two party system; a system that works. Regardless of the stance of either party, the two party system opens the door to debate. Debate is healthy as it pertains to legislation. It allows the lawmakers as well as the American People an opportunity to see issues from different points of view.

Not quite sure why you had to drag in race and science. Cant for the life of me see where the hell I said anything about the two parties being identical.
But whatever.

"Both parties have done the exact same thing"

And what is that "same thing"? Conservatives seceded? Were pro-slavery? Dragged us into Iraq? Hates the gays? I'm just not seeing the "similarities", sorry.

I am chagrined.

I was wrong...

Do you know the reason for the amendment? Pop quiz.

Without going and looking it up, I think it defines citizenship (not talking about clauses).

Last edited by a moderator:

But whatever.

"Both parties have done the exact same thing"

And what is that "same thing"? Conservatives seceded? Were pro-slavery? Dragged us into Iraq? Hates the gays? I'm just not seeing the "similarities", sorry.

You are so blinded by your hate and partrisnaship, you cant read clearly.
It is pathetic.

I made it clear. THEY BOTH HAVE KEPT DEBATE ALIVE.

LEARN TO LEARN. It will do wonders for you.

But whatever.

Mr. J, I wonder if you will allow this 'fly in the ointment.' While I can get behind your post, as in "the two party system opens the door to debate. Debate is healthy ..." there is an unspoken assumption, which, alas, is missing from your statement.

The Fourth Estate.

A free and unbiased press would be necessary to have a healthy and open debate. We do not have such.

BTW, Mr. J, I take exception to your back-hand to deanie-weanie: I have always considered that my prerogative.
Please consider this, as tempting as it is.

But whatever.

Mr. J, I wonder if you will allow this 'fly in the ointment.' While I can get behind your post, as in "the two party system opens the door to debate. Debate is healthy ..." there is an unspoken assumption, which, alas, is missing from your statement.

The Fourth Estate.

A free and unbiased press would be necessary to have a healthy and open debate. We do not have such.

BTW, Mr. J, I take exception to your back-hand to deanie-weanie: I have always considered that my prerogative.
Please consider this, as tempting as it is.

I can not and do not blame either party for the irresponsibility of the press. Both parties enter into debate as they should. And on the most part it works.

I do take exception to BOTH parties and their abuse of the irresponsibility of the press.

One thing to use the press to get yourself elected. Another thing to use the press to INTENTIONALLY get out spun information.

As for the back hand. Referring to what? I lost you there. My brain is a bit fried.

Forum List

Back