What has the Republican Party done effectively or gotten correct?

BallsBrunswick

Fair and Balanced
Sep 23, 2012
Spoiler Alert: They're all crazy
You know, I said this partially seriously in another thread but then I realized I think it's true. I cannot think of a single thing the GOP has done effectively or done correctly in the last decade. Aside from pushing religion, war and rape what exactly have these people done for Americans? You also have to look at the colossal failures of the Tea Party and John Boehner. Sarah Palin running away from her elected office like a silly twat for money and fame. The hilarious trainwreck that was the Romney campaign. And creating a North Korean like mindset where everything is the strawman liberals' fault.

Please enlighten me, what has the GOP done that has been positive for this nation?

And please keep in mind, I'm not attacking conservatives or conservative ideology in this thread. I'm genuinely curious what the Republican Party has done that's been good.

Republicans have done well in non national elections.

They have demonized math and science which furthers a pro business cause I THINK. Now I somewhat understand needing to keep the economy going to fight the Chinese and how environment and labor cost CAN slow it down.

Um..... I am grasping straws. I support the death penalty as I think it is a deterrent and it is still legal in most of the same states I believe....

I believe folks need a fear of starving to be motivated and they control the compassionate bleeding hearts a bit.

...Anyone?

You expect a serious answer when in your OP you say that Republicans have pushed rape?

My serious answer is "thank you for making it so easy for me to see that there's no percentage in opening your threads in future." :thup:

So you don't have any answers, you just want to get emotional and run away...

gop_rape_advisory.gif

I'm looking for serious answers here. What positives have the Republican Party done for the nation?

Last edited:
You know, I said this partially seriously in another thread but then I realized I think it's true. I cannot think of a single thing the GOP has done effectively or done correctly in the last decade. Aside from pushing religion, war and rape what exactly have these people done for Americans? You also have to look at the colossal failures of the Tea Party and John Boehner. Sarah Palin running away from her elected office like a silly twat for money and fame. The hilarious trainwreck that was the Romney campaign. And creating a North Korean like mindset where everything is the strawman liberals' fault.

Please enlighten me, what has the GOP done that has been positive for this nation?

And please keep in mind, I'm not attacking conservatives or conservative ideology in this thread. I'm genuinely curious what the Republican Party has done that's been good.

Strived to limit the growth of government, attempted to curtail the intrusion of the government in peoples lives, Exposed the financial reality that the sacred entitlement system was not sustainable and destined to collapse. Strived to protect the constitution and bill of rights, waged a war against terrorism, attempted to secure out boarders. Attempted to audit the federal home loan system, presented before congress a budget. Provided the leadership and muscle to back up the UN's resolutions and failure to address the threat posed by Iraq. As for the strawman effect, maybe you should read some of the comments your Messiah and his devote followers stated over the past decade.

Republicans have done well in non national elections.

They have demonized math and science which furthers a pro business cause I THINK. Now I somewhat understand needing to keep the economy going to fight the Chinese and how environment and labor cost CAN slow it down.

Um..... I am grasping straws. I support the death penalty as I think it is a deterrent and it is still legal in most of the same states I believe....

I believe folks need a fear of starving to be motivated and they control the compassionate bleeding hearts a bit.

We call that "gerrymandering".

Definition of GERRYMANDER

: to divide (a territorial unit) into election districts to give one political party an electoral majority in a large number of districts while concentrating the voting strength of the opposition in as few districts as possible
: to divide (an area) into political units to give special advantages to one group

What has the Republican Party done effectively or gotten correct?

I couldn't think of anything. Worse, neither could the Republicans.

...Anyone?

You expect a serious answer when in your OP you say that Republicans have pushed rape?

My serious answer is "thank you for making it so easy for me to see that there's no percentage in opening your threads in future." :thup:

Well, rape assumes you don't want to get fucked willingly, which is pretty much what Obama and the Dems seem to want to do to us. So the only people getting raped are those who didn't vote for the prick.

Their core philosophy is sound, and would be good for the country if ever they were ever able to implement it in it's purest sense without fucking it up...

dumb-bastard GWB had the opportunity... but squandered it with his obtuse dumbfuckedness...

...Anyone?

Well, rape assumes you don't want to get fucked willingly, which is pretty much what Obama and the Dems seem to want to do to us. So the only people getting raped are those who didn't vote for the prick.

Unfortunately a Republic doesn't work the way the OP is trying to assume. The only way anyone can get anything done is if you work together when ether or both houses of Congress and the White House aren't on the same page. Fact is Obama hasn't done much ether other than split us apart. If you think being days away from going over a cliff progress then so be it.

Last edited:
I'm looking for serious answers here. What positives have the Republican Party done for the nation?

It was within the last decade that the GOP had undivided control of the federal government for the first time since the early 1950s. Surely there are achievements that Republicans are proud of from that era.

I'd like to hear what they are, too.

It was within the last decade that the GOP had undivided control of the federal government for the first time since the early 1950s. Surely there are achievements that Republicans are proud of from that era.

I'd like to hear what they are, too.

Unfortunately a Republic doesn't work the way the OP is trying to assume. The only way anyone can get anything done is if you work together when ether or both houses of Congress and the White House aren't on the same page. Fact is Obama hasn't done much ether other than split us apart. If you think being days away from going over a cliff progress then so be it.

Obama gave us Obamacare but that's proving to be loaded with poison-pills and he gave us more massive debt. The GOP was working on the debt and had the deficit reduced to something manageable but once the Dems took over that went down the tubes. You see even if you have a majority in both houses it's hard to get anything done if you don't have any cooperation and Obama even had to bribe Democrats to pass Obamacare.

...Anyone?

pushed rape?

meh... but certainly tried to redefine it.

Rape, sexual harassment of women, cigar tricks, adultery and lying about it became acceptable to Democrats during the Clinton years and continues to this very day.

Forum List

Back