What Has The Government Done For You?

So...

Lincoln was a tyrant.
The Civil War was fought over tariffs.
Everything the government does is bad.
Everything the government does is actually done by "us".
Freeways are bad because they put trains out of business.
WWII was a "foolish foreign war".
Money is theft.
The Federal Reserve is a crime.
Social Security is a "Ponzi scheme".
Sesame Street costs $4 trillion/year.
Americans are not really "that" free.
Americans are enslaved.
National Parks "exploit" nature.

NA002785.jpg

Those aren't "Confederates" are they?

No, they are German liberals.

Lincoln was a tyrant. yes. a well meaning tyrant maybe, but yes
The Civil War was fought over tariffs.among other things, yes
Everything the government does is bad.everything unnecessary
Everything the government does is actually done by "us".most things are done better by "us"
Freeways are bad because they put trains out of business.I don't agree with that
WWII was a "foolish foreign war".sometimes
the devaluation of Money is theft.
The Federal Reserve is a crime.see above
Social Security is a "Ponzi scheme".yes
Sesame Street costs $4 trillion/year.God I hope not
Americans are not really "that" free.certainly not as free as the founding fathers envisioned
Americans are enslaved.I don't know if I'd go that far
National Parks "exploit" nature.I think that's rhetoric. Very funny... but rhetoric

Mods... I was not trying to edit his post. I didn't want a quote that turned into scrolling forever. I hope this is ok as I would hate another nastygram.

Mike

Evidently you don't value freedom.

Are you really that free?

Mike

Oh boy. Another one of those people. Okay Texan. Tell me about your oppression! Are you not allowed to carry an Uzi into church? Unable to travel freely? Has some cop stopped you and asked you for an original birth certificate? Can't criticize the government openly, without fear of incarceration? Zoophilia still a crime where you live?
Oh tell us of this terrible oppression!

I'll admit having this:

IndependntLogic's Signature block said:
I view Liberals and Conservatives basically the same way: Both are patriotic and want what they feel will is best for our country. Both have views that I agree with and other views that I disagree with. In their extremes, neither makes any attempt to understand, appreciate or acknowledge that the other side may occasionally have valid points. Instead, they attack and ridicule what they don't understand.

makes your entire post worth reading. Funny, if you read my post to the question you posted in another thread you might have a few of your answers. Nope, you had to be a dick... welcome to the thread asshole.

Mike

Yes. You?

I guess we have different definitions of freedom. Am I more free than 99.9% of the world? Sure. Am I free enough? no.

Mike
Mike. You need to travel a bit. You are less free than many parts in the world...................your owners just haven't let you know that.

I speak four languages fluently, learned 2 of them while living in other countries. I've lived in 5 countries and been to more countries than I have states. Again, it depends on your definition of freedom. I suspect we have slightly different definitions. For all of its flaws, this country provides more opportunity to effect the outcome of your life than anywhere else in the world. We are certainly regressing in that market quickly but I don't think anyone's caught us just yet.

Mike

So...

Lincoln was a tyrant.
The Civil War was fought over tariffs.
Everything the government does is bad.
Everything the government does is actually done by "us".
Freeways are bad because they put trains out of business.
WWII was a "foolish foreign war".
Money is theft.
The Federal Reserve is a crime.
Social Security is a "Ponzi scheme".
Sesame Street costs $4 trillion/year.
Americans are not really "that" free.
Americans are enslaved.
National Parks "exploit" nature.

Oh, and we've always been at wat with Eastasia, too.

Forum List

Back