what has obama done that makes him a better POTUS than bush?

no, bush's policy of the last year was following the policy promulgated by robert gates (thank god bush finally got a real secdef). i give obama credit for keeping both gates and that policy.

Poor dear. Does it hurt in there?

wtf are you talking about?

Sounds like he's concerned about your well-being. Or maybe he's enquiring as to whether or not you have a hangover?

i thought bush was a terrible pres for the most part, although i did vote for him in 2000 because he wasn't al gore. i voted lib in 2004 and in 2008 i didn't vote for POTUS at all.

if you support pres obama,please tell me why you feel he's a better pres than bush was. from where i sit, it's more business as usual, and if anything, it's more cynical than usual, too.

Seriously it is a difficult comparison. Bush started out with a huge surplus and no international involvements. Obama stepped into a huge deficite and a death spiral of an economy and two wars..

What would an Obama have done with Bushes start? What would Bush have done with the conditions of Obamas start?

It is impossible to gauge. Based on how Bush handled the situation and advantages he inherited I would venture that by this point we would be the passengers on the Titanic.

Obama having a surplus and great economy would not have the crisis to do health care ...at least a better regulated economy ...we may not have had the wall st collapse ...it is just to hard to know if a smart guy could have done any better than the baffoon.

Oh yeah...as we know Bush inherited a great economy that was IN THE SHITTER and a huge surplus and ZERO national debt right?

Bush did the right thing and gave the people back their money. I bet that surplus in the budget came from the Republican controlled Congress following their fiscally conservative views now wasn't it? It sure as fuck didn't have anything to do with Clinton! Congress spends the money...not the President...he only proposes a budget....and at least Clinton was proposing budgets...unlike Obama who can't write a budget proposal because it would reflect his fiscal ineptitude.

What woud Obama have done about 9/11? Well given his recent examples of leadership I would say he would have gone over to Afghanistan and smoked the hooka with bin Laden and apologized for U.S. support of Israel....then just written the World Trade Center off as an "unfortunate turn of events."

i thought bush was a terrible pres for the most part, although i did vote for him in 2000 because he wasn't al gore. i voted lib in 2004 and in 2008 i didn't vote for POTUS at all.

if you support pres obama,please tell me why you feel he's a better pres than bush was. from where i sit, it's more business as usual, and if anything, it's more cynical than usual, too.

Obama killed a fly.

LORDOFFLIES.jpg

(Image: EIB )

How about he hasn't started two wars that he couldn't pay for? Now, add all the lives and billions of dollars that has cost the US and I think History will remember him for NOT being an idiot.

No you're right. Obama didn't start two wars he couldn't pay for.

He has only continued two wars he said he couldn't pay for

Added a so called "Health care" program that we can't pay for and that no one wanted.

Spent Trillions of dollars bailing out failing organizations and sending money to special interests that supported his campaign.

Not really sure how that makes him better.

Have to take exception to your contention that Obama "Added a so called "Health care" program that we can't pay for and that no one wanted."

I know the example of the previous 8 years makes many people find it hard to believe that legislation can be passed and paid for, but in fact, the health care bill that was recently passed is paid for.

Secondly, not only are you incorrect " that no one wanted" any health care reform, but the reality of the situation was we had almost universal agreement from both the far left to the far right that we had to do something. True, when the legislation process started, it became a political war instead of actually trying to come up with the best possible bill. That doesn't change the fact that almost everyone agreed we had to do something!

Nothin Frankie...we was just jokin around...:lol::lol::cuckoo: A real smart bubble gum wrapper educated guy like you should have figured that out.

Did you know that during the transition, Clinton had "Al Qaeda: Roll Back" on about slide 16 of their threat assessment to the incoming administration?

Why do you think Bush "asked" that the Clinton traveling circus stay on at CIA and Intelligence at the time?

Super smart Frankie!...Talkin in "code". That way "the enemy" won't get it!

"Slide 16"... You are the man! Mums the word...loose lips sink ships... A nod is the same as a wink to a blind horse...

You didn't know that the Clinton Administration gave a national security briefing to the incoming Bush Administration and failed to highlight Al Qaeda?

I thought you were so well informed? I thought you knew this stuff?

A white obama was basically John Edwards. And we see how well he did.
Obama has benefitted greatly from not being Bush. He was elected because he wasn't Bush. He won a Nobel Peace Prize because he wasn't Bush (along with Jimmy Carter and Al Gore). So not being Bush has been his strong point.

I think the "White Obama" who would have won in 2008 was JFK Jr. Had he not died in a plane crash in 1999 he would have won the NY Senate seat that Hillary Clinton eventually won. JFK would have been positioned in 2008 to be the anti-Bush, young, dynamic, handsome. The same qualities as Obama except he was a Kennedy

But the Kennedy curse caught up with him

Last edited:

Seriously it is a difficult comparison. Bush started out with a huge surplus and no international involvements. Obama stepped into a huge deficite and a death spiral of an economy and two wars..

What would an Obama have done with Bushes start? What would Bush have done with the conditions of Obamas start?

It is impossible to gauge. Based on how Bush handled the situation and advantages he inherited I would venture that by this point we would be the passengers on the Titanic.

Obama having a surplus and great economy would not have the crisis to do health care ...at least a better regulated economy ...we may not have had the wall st collapse ...it is just to hard to know if a smart guy could have done any better than the baffoon.

Oh yeah...as we know Bush inherited a great economy that was IN THE SHITTER and a huge surplus and ZERO national debt right?

Bush did the right thing and gave the people back their money. I bet that surplus in the budget came from the Republican controlled Congress following their fiscally conservative views now wasn't it? It sure as fuck didn't have anything to do with Clinton! Congress spends the money...not the President...he only proposes a budget....and at least Clinton was proposing budgets...unlike Obama who can't write a budget proposal because it would reflect his fiscal ineptitude.

What woud Obama have done about 9/11? Well given his recent examples of leadership I would say he would have gone over to Afghanistan and smoked the hooka with bin Laden and apologized for U.S. support of Israel....then just written the World Trade Center off as an "unfortunate turn of events."

You do so well ....the say something incredibly stupid. Bush gave away the farm to the richest 5%. If that is "the people" then you can go fuck yourself sparky!

You do so well ....the say something incredibly stupid. Bush gave away the farm to the richest 5%. If that is "the people" then you can go fuck yourself sparky!

You lying sack of shit!!!!!!!
Bush gave back the American people the SURPLUS budgetary funds you dumb motherfucker!!!! The tax cuts ARE AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT THING!!!

Get your act together moron...then post intelligently.

Then go fuck yourself you autoerotic scumbag.

Obama killed a fly.

It is most definitely his greatest accomplishment to date:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sV3_LUBGTU&NR=1]YouTube - Obama Kills Fly: Ninja REMIX![/ame]
You know the "dead" fly was a plant, he never really killed the fly. It was staged to make it look like he did, but didn't .It was all an act , to pump up his no nonsense image. They had total plausible deniably with statements from PAWS and the fly had there been any pro-fly backlash.

it could also be that since Bush was so well liked that ANYONE might be an improvement.....but that being said....if Obama is making us respected again...great....but ...i am at least waiting for him to tell the guys bad mouthing the US, like Chavez to go fuck themselves.....diplomatically of course....

The chart shows the US like-ability going up since 2006. Who was president in 2007?

Wait, so the left can claim that people who are opposed to Obama do so because they object to his skin color but . . . . no one voted for Obama because of his skin color? Bullshit.

Are you claiming McCain could have won if Obama was white?

Republicans at all levels of government were voted out of office in 2008. This was because of the collapsing economy, not because all these elections had one candidate who was white and the other was black.

I'm saying that without a doubt there were people who voted for Obama because he was black and yes, this was the only reason for some. Just as there were people who didn't vote for him solely because he was black.

Obama would have won if he were white but I do believe that his being black helped him garner more votes.

Obama is BOTH black and white - he is not a black president - he IS a BI-RACIAL PRESIDENT. Stop throwing his 'white part' under the bus.

The question no Liberal has answered in 9 years:

At what point on 9/11 do you authorize the USAF to shoot down fully loaded, but off course US Commercial Airliners?

As soon as said airliners discontinue comms and go off course( but when you want to have an icon like the twin towers taken out, you just have your air support off playing games in another part of the country).

Forum List

Back