What has Obama done so far to deserve to be re-elected?

Obama’ Supreme Court appointments alone warrant his reelection – as it seems the republican propensity to screw-up well has ended.

Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?

I don't think I am....but I also think I could be much worse off than I am now.

When a Republican starts offering their own ideas instead of just bashing the President, I'll give them a listen. So far, apparently they want to cut everything except Defense and Social Security. As I have said numerous times, we're eons ahead of every other civilization on the planet in weapons systems but we're literally wasting billions developing even more sophisticated systems that we simply don't need. Yet the GOP wants to keep spending even more on these things. Meanwhile, the states are laying off teachers, cops, fire fighters, road and bridge inspectors, health technicians, nurses, EMTs, etc...

As crying-assed shames go; this is a whopper. They are small programs to be sure (WIC, HIV counseling, Family Planning, Vaccines for Children, Head Start, etc...) but what good is the Virginia Class sub going to do us that the Seawolf and Los Angeles classes are not capable of doing? Zilch. What good is an F22 going to do that an F15, F18, F18 Superhornet, and F117 can't do? Zilch. Who the hell knows what is over the horizon of development? New bombers? New tanks? New missiles? It never stops and we're already spending $400 Billion a year on defense....

Say what you want about the President and I can say plenty myself but the winning position isn't one where the Defense Department gets a blank check every year and nearly every other program has to fight for table scraps. I think Obama understands that; I don't think any of the GOP candidates do outside of Paul who (I'm told) has no chance.

God forbid it happens but if we're hit with a bio attack in one of our major cities; the budget has been trimmed so much that the measures that can be fielded will make Katrina response look like a well-oiled machine.

The fact that Obama accomplished more in his first two years than any President since FDR is enough to warrant reelection

Are you for real? Even when most of what he accomplished the people didn't want eh.

LOL

Delusions.

Uhh...also, Cash for Clunkers ran out of money...where did it go if nobody wanted to trade in their old car for credit toward a new one?

I would like to think that you and every other basher can take the blinders off for one moment and applaud him for getting rid of DADT...

Can we all agree that it was the stupidest thing ever? And it was passed by a Democrat too so it's not a Blue or Red thing...

Its okay to be gay and serve as long as you pretend not to be gay....
Hopefully, they will leave that out of the high school history books they write in the next few decades....the kids will have to be wondering what in the hell we were thinking....like I used to just shake my head when I read about segregation, Japanese internment, etc...

How many of these threads does there have to be?

What has he done? Gosh, there are a couple of web pages devoted to it. Pour yourself a cuppa 'cause it'll take a while...

What the fuck has Obama done so far?

Created more private sector jobs in 2010 than during entire Bush years

Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers

Provided travel expenses to families of fallen soldiers to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB

Reversed the policy of barring media coverage during the return of fallen soldiers to Dover Air Force Base

Launched recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, providing transparency and allowing the public to report fraud, waste, or abuse

Provided the Department of Veterans Affairs with more than $1.4 billion to improve services to America's Veterans

Signed the Children's Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, which provides health care to 11 million kids -- 4 million of whom were previously uninsured

Issued executive order to repeal Bush era restrictions on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research

Signed the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act, the first piece of comprehensive legislation aimed at improving the lives of Americans living with paralysis

Developed stimulus package, which includes approx. $18 billion for nondefense scientific research and development

Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the defense procurement and contracting system

Established Credit Card Bill of Rights, preventing credit card companies from imposing arbitrary rate increases on customers

Health Care Reform Bill, preventing insurance companies from denying insurance because of a pre-existing condition

Health Care Reform Bill, allowing children to remain covered by their parents' insurance until the age of 26

Tax cuts for up to 3.5 million small businesses to help pay for employee health care coverage

Tax credits for up to 29 million individuals to help pay for health insurance

Expansion of Medicaid to all individuals under age 65 with incomes up to 133 percent of the federal poverty level

Require health insurance plans to disclose how much of the premium actually goes to patient care

Added 4.6 billion USD to the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health professionals

Significantly increased funding for the Violence Against Women Act

Eliminated subsidies to private lender middlemen of student loans and protect student borrowers

Increased funding for national parks and forests by 10%

Significantly expanded Pell grants, which help low-income students pay for college

Signed financial reform law establishing a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to look out for the interests of everyday Americans

Great website but I am getting tired of cutting and pasting all the things Obama has done so far.

Its going to be a great 5 1/2 more years! Go Obama...

The fact that Obama accomplished more in his first two years than any President since FDR is enough to warrant reelection

Are you for real? Even when most of what he accomplished the people didn't want eh.

LOL

Delusions.

Really

The people wanted a depression?

The people wanted Bin Laden to continue his terrorism?

The people wanted the financial sector to do whatever they wanted?

tumblr_l5n4xvAHKE1qb1rwho1_500.png

What has he done? Gosh, there are a couple of web pages devoted to it. Pour yourself a cuppa 'cause it'll take a while...

Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers

Provided travel expenses to families of fallen soldiers to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB

Reversed the policy of barring media coverage during the return of fallen soldiers to Dover Air Force Base

Launched recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, providing transparency and allowing the public to report fraud, waste, or abuse

Provided the Department of Veterans Affairs with more than $1.4 billion to improve services to America's Veterans

Signed the Children's Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, which provides health care to 11 million kids -- 4 million of whom were previously uninsured

Issued executive order to repeal Bush era restrictions on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research

Signed the Christopher and Dana Reeve Paralysis Act, the first piece of comprehensive legislation aimed at improving the lives of Americans living with paralysis

Developed stimulus package, which includes approx. $18 billion for nondefense scientific research and development

Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the defense procurement and contracting system

Established Credit Card Bill of Rights, preventing credit card companies from imposing arbitrary rate increases on customers

Health Care Reform Bill, preventing insurance companies from denying insurance because of a pre-existing condition

Health Care Reform Bill, allowing children to remain covered by their parents' insurance until the age of 26

Tax cuts for up to 3.5 million small businesses to help pay for employee health care coverage

Expansion of Medicaid to all individuals under age 65 with incomes up to 133 percent of the federal poverty level

Require health insurance plans to disclose how much of the premium actually goes to patient care

Added 4.6 billion USD to the Veterans Administration budget to recruit and retain more mental health professionals

Eliminated subsidies to private lender middlemen of student loans and protect student borrowers

Significantly expanded Pell grants, which help low-income students pay for college

Signed financial reform law establishing a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to look out for the interests of everyday Americans

Great website but I am getting tired of cutting and pasting all the things Obama has done so far.

I don't know about Great but the past 2.5 years could have been much worse; at least there has been some domestic leadership to address some of the problems.

I don't see why people are against the kids staying on the insurance until they are 26? I mean, who is against that?

I am bumping this because I want the idiot who said the people didnt like what obama did so far.

Pick out one thing here the "people" dont like.

Haters, good luck with this one.

I guarantee you Obama will win again in 2012! Period.

Are you better off than you were 4 years ago?

I don't think I am....but I also think I could be much worse off than I am now.

Looks like we found the Democrats re-election strategy: We know the economy is in shambles and we haven't done anything to fix it, but just 'imagine' it could of been twice as bad if Republicans we're in charge - there would be no middle class, the elderly would be wheeled out of hospitals and dumped in the cold streets, all latinos would be rounded up and put in concentration camps, and the CEOs of oil companies would run the country.

:clap2:

I am bumping this because I want the idiot who said the people didnt like what obama did so far.

Pick out one thing here the "people" dont like.

Haters, good luck with this one.

I guarantee you Obama will win again in 2012! Period.

Fair enough, let's have the links though, so we can be sure there's no exaggeration going on. Thank you.

Hmmmmm...our daily Obama sucks thread

Lets see

Stopped a Depression
Ended the Recession
Reversed a crashing stock market
Passed the first Universal Healthcare plan
Repealed DADT
Passed START
Saved the Auto Industry
Financial reform

Oh yea...I forgot...Killed the SOB Bin Laden

Do we really need to do this every day?
Stopped a Depression
Ended the Recession

The economy has yet to recover the GDP has shurnk to 1.8 last quarter.

Reversed a crashing stock market
That remains to be seen

Passed the first Universal Healthcare plan
Went against the well of the people and gave birth to the TEA party.

Repealed DADT
Passed START

Way to go weaken the the U.S. defense system great job obama.:clap2:

Saved the Auto Industry

Saved the auto workers contract.

Financial reform
What reform? What has changed?

Oh yea...I forgot...Killed the SOB Bin Laden
Bush got the master mind behind 9/11 obama killed and unarmed man. ot a very hard thing to do.

I don't have time right now t address this post I have leave for work and will not be in the office to address this bullshit but when I get home tonight be ready bitach, it's going to hurt.

Last edited:
Don't forget all those shovel-ready jobs

Obama: “Shovel-ready was not as — uh — shovel ready as we expected.”

No problem Obammie. It was just a trillion dollars. It could happen to anyone. Well except those who warning you it was a bad idea.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back