What has Obama accomplished as President.

Excuse my language, but Obama was absolutely fucking brutal during the debt ceiling debate. That showed that he was way in over his head. Zero leadership. And though I had grown skeptical, I'd given him the benefit of the doubt up until then. But he lost me there.

I loathed Bush but I think this country is more divided now than it was when he was elected. If we're going to hold Presidents to the same standards, he is a more divisive President than Bush was.

The buck stops at the top.

Wait, wait.

Now, I can see your argument for failed leadership. I don't necessarily agree completely, but I can see it.

However, how does that make Obama more divisive?

You feel that because he did not effectively fight off the divisiveness of his political opponents than that makes him divisive?

That doesn't really make sense...

Come on, Vast...when Barry took office he had super majorities in both the House and Senate. He didn't have to "fight off" anything...something he made very clear to Eric Cantor and the Republicans when he replied to their proposals by stating that "Elections have consequences...I won." It's hard to BE more divisive than that. Don't get me wrong...the Democrats had every RIGHT to take that tack because they HAD won a sweeping victory in '08 but to tell the GOP in essence to sit down and shut up to start your term and then to accuse THEM of being divisive later on is a heck of a stretch. Posters on here love to quote Mitch McConnell's statement about his number one goal being to make Barack Obama a one term President. What they seem to forget is that statement wasn't made in 2008 when Barry was coming into office...that was made a year later after Obama had excluded the GOP from the crafting of both Obamacare and the Stimulus and was going after Cap & Trade and Card Check legislation. Is it any wonder that Mitch was of that mindset?

Let's be honest here, Barack Obama has been a very devisive leader. He may "talk" about being bi-partisan but his actions seldom backed that up. When the GOP came back in 2010 and gave him a "shellacking" he suddenly backed off on the elections have consequences concept...NOW all of a sudden he and Harry Reid are tying up GOP House bills and not letting them come to the Senate floor for discussion. Is that someone who's not devisive? Sorry, my friend but THAT doesn't make much sense to me.

President Obama is stronger, much stronger, than you think.

Obama Movie Confronts Weak-Leader Meme, Revisits 'Tough Decisions' - Major Garrett - NationalJournal.com

Obama’s economic stimulus bill, the bailout of General Motors and Chrysler, health care reform, and the Navy Seal-team raid that killed Osama bin Laden.

At one point, Clinton says the nation had “no earthly idea” what would have happened had Obama let GM and Chrysler fail, contending that the domino effect of job losses could have laid ruin to the Midwest middle class.

Obama had to put out so many fires. You Republicans want to forget.

Obama has confronted the toughest choices of any president since Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

ending the Iraq war, repealing “don’t ask, don’t tell,” providing pay equity for women, and health care and financial-industry reform.

Actually, Barry has faced some tough choices but he's managed to avoid doing anything about most of them. Fixing entitlement spending would be "confronting" a tough problem...providing pay equity for women hardly fits that bill. Lowering the costs of health care for Americans would be "confronting" a tough problem...passing Obamacare which is going to result in higher health costs and less access to care also is hard to list as a success...especially since major parts of it will very likely be ruled unconstitutional.

As for GM? You do realize that allowing GM to go into bankruptcy would not be the same thing as letting them cease to exist? This whole notion that Barry "saved" the auto industry is rather humorous. What he "saved" was a nice deal for the UAW at the expense of private bond holders and spent billions of taxpayer dollars that we won't be seeing for a long, long time if ever. Doing so went against the rule of law and probably made more than a few people reconsider whether the US was a safe and secure place to invest their money since this government did a passable immitation of a "banana republic" and just changed the rules to benefit their friends.

YOu are wrong about everything you just said so I can't reply to someone who is either a liar or stupid. For example, Obamacare is not going to raise healthcare costs. If that is your position, then either you need to educate yourself or stop lying.

I hate to throw the ice cold waters of reality on you, Bobo but if you don't understand that insuring 30 million additional people will have to be paid for by someone...and that someone IS the American taxpayer, then YOU are the one who needs to "educate" themselves. The estimates for what Obamacare will cost are already being revised upwards by the CBO...and those are the "good" numbers for the first ten years where we weren't paying out benefits for the first three. By the time all is said and done? The cost of Obamacare (in my humble experience dealing with government estimates) will be three times what they told us it would be.

Thats what I was thinking.....
Me, three.

I'm guessin' RetiredGySgt has masochistic-tendencies. (More-than-likely with S&M overtones.)

Sterling+Hayden+Godfather.jpg

"Stand him up, straight!!"

Actually, Barry has faced some tough choices but he's managed to avoid doing anything about most of them. Fixing entitlement spending would be "confronting" a tough problem...providing pay equity for women hardly fits that bill. Lowering the costs of health care for Americans would be "confronting" a tough problem...passing Obamacare which is going to result in higher health costs and less access to care also is hard to list as a success...especially since major parts of it will very likely be ruled unconstitutional.

As for GM? You do realize that allowing GM to go into bankruptcy would not be the same thing as letting them cease to exist? This whole notion that Barry "saved" the auto industry is rather humorous. What he "saved" was a nice deal for the UAW at the expense of private bond holders and spent billions of taxpayer dollars that we won't be seeing for a long, long time if ever. Doing so went against the rule of law and probably made more than a few people reconsider whether the US was a safe and secure place to invest their money since this government did a passable immitation of a "banana republic" and just changed the rules to benefit their friends.

YOu are wrong about everything you just said so I can't reply to someone who is either a liar or stupid. For example, Obamacare is not going to raise healthcare costs. If that is your position, then either you need to educate yourself or stop lying.

I hate to throw the ice cold waters of reality on you, Bobo but if you don't understand that insuring 30 million additional people will have to be paid for by someone...and that someone IS the American taxpayer, then YOU are the one who needs to "educate" themselves. The estimates for what Obamacare will cost are already being revised upwards by the CBO...and those are the "good" numbers for the first ten years where we weren't paying out benefits for the first three. By the time all is said and done? The cost of Obamacare (in my humble experience dealing with government estimates) will be three times what they told us it would be.

He probably thinks the pixies are gonna pick up the tab for the uninsured.

Wait till his HC costs drop on him like a bomb.

He might then catch a clue about what an expensive peice of shit Obamacare is really gonna be.

Unless of course he's one of those freeloading uninsured.

Last edited:
He won the Nobel Peace Prize....what else do you need to know?

obama-peace-prize.jpg

Last edited:
He won the Nobel Peace Prize....what else do you need to know?

obama-peace-prize.jpg

A prize they've awarded to terrorists. Color me unimpressed.

In 1994, the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to Rabin, Peres and Arafat in recognition of progress they had made in negotiating an Israeli- Palastinian peace accord. Yasir Arafat risked his life in negotiating with the Israelis and ultimately had to back out of negotiations

One example.

Obama's policies cost the Dems Kennedy's seat in MA. Whatever you might think about the policies, they couldn't pass Healthcare reform with the Senate rules, so they circumvented them and rammed it down the Republican's throats without a single GOP vote. Instead of focusing like a laser on the economy, the Democrats saw a generational opportunity and chose to spend political capital on healthcare which inflamed the Republican party, both in policy and by tactics. It contributed to one of the worst political defeats in decades.

Democrats do not see that Obama is doing the same thing to Republicans that Republicans did to Democrats under Bush.

Hmm...

The way I saw it was that Democrats thought it would go through without too much of an issue, and then they could move on to other stuff.

Then the Right-Wing ideology machine started mobilizing, and before you knew it, a legislation that had wide-scale popular support, and should have gone through without an issue, was road-blocked by a well-funded propaganda campaign from the right.

Not really sure how one could say that an idea that originally had a 65% popular approval rating, and had been suggested by several previous Republican administrations, was "polarizing"....

That is, up until the right made it a "polarizing" issue.

As far as I can see, the "polarizing" factors in both the Bush and the Obama administrations were mostly the Media, not the administrations themselves.

In Bush's case, MSNBC had a hard-on for criticizing every tiny little thing the guy did, and in Obama's case, it's FoxNews.

Come on, Vast...when Barry took office he had super majorities in both the House and Senate. He didn't have to "fight off" anything...something he made very clear to Eric Cantor and the Republicans when he replied to their proposals by stating that "Elections have consequences...I won." It's hard to BE more divisive than that. Don't get me wrong...the Democrats had every RIGHT to take that tack because they HAD won a sweeping victory in '08 but to tell the GOP in essence to sit down and shut up to start your term and then to accuse THEM of being divisive later on is a heck of a stretch. Posters on here love to quote Mitch McConnell's statement about his number one goal being to make Barack Obama a one term President. What they seem to forget is that statement wasn't made in 2008 when Barry was coming into office...that was made a year later after Obama had excluded the GOP from the crafting of both Obamacare and the Stimulus and was going after Cap & Trade and Card Check legislation. Is it any wonder that Mitch was of that mindset?

Let's be honest here, Barack Obama has been a very devisive leader. He may "talk" about being bi-partisan but his actions seldom backed that up. When the GOP came back in 2010 and gave him a "shellacking" he suddenly backed off on the elections have consequences concept...NOW all of a sudden he and Harry Reid are tying up GOP House bills and not letting them come to the Senate floor for discussion. Is that someone who's not devisive? Sorry, my friend but THAT doesn't make much sense to me.

OK, so when G W Bush had both the House and Senate for 4 years (vs Obama's 2), why didn't they get everything done that they were supposed to do?

Why did the GOP at the time exclude the Democrats from every important discussion, and yet still manage to increase spending, curtail the rights of Americans everywhere, and fail miserably in the War on Terror?

Those things all happened.

But again, I'm not going to blame any administration for the partisanship and bullshit that's been occurring.

I'm going to blame Rush Limbaugh, the Godfather of modern hateful partisan media.

If Rush Limbaugh hadn't shown everyone how profitable it is to be a blatant partisan hack of a talking-head, back in the Clinton years, none of this would have ever happened.

Limbaugh, and people like him both on the left and the right, is a fungus on the face of society.

To people like Rush, their entire purpose in life is to break down our society into it's component parts and feed on the remains. Just like a fungus.

Who's "divisive"? It's not GW Bush, and it's not Obama.

It's Keith Olbermann, and Glenn Beck, and Bill fucking Maher.

Forum List

Back