What Has Islam Given To Civilization?

I don't know, I think providing paper to the west was pretty significant. Without that there could have been no printing press and no enlightement.

Algebra has been mentioned.

Preserving alot of the classic period texts

The Public Hopsital

The Public library

Degree providing Universities

Where exactly do you think Europeans were learning many of the things they were learning from?

And as Islam has endured, the art, culture and science of the Middle East have diminished.

Funny that.

Islam suppresses cultural and artistic expression, from the prohibition against the playing of music to the ban on poetry, at least outside of the immediate practice of Islam.

Islam is Arabic for submit. A Muslim is he who has submitted. Muslims often call themselves slaves of allah. Such submission stifles the human spirit and the natural inventiveness of man. Which is why the Islamic world is so backward and decayed.

The human mind is not respected in Islam. An old Islamic adage is the mind is a donkey and you must leave the donkey outside when you enter the House of Islam

Not surprisingly, out of 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, only 2 Muslims--TWO--have won Nobel Prizes for achievements in science, mathematics, economics and literature.

Last edited:
True, but to be fair to David Koresh and Charles Manson, who knows what might have come of their deadly cults had they been given the chance to continue.

I guess we'll never know.

If David Koresh and Manson were born in Saudi Arabia instead of the US, they would have thousands of followers and be hailed as warriors of God.

Interesting point. While Mahomet was an abject failure as a religoius leader in Mecca, having converted only about 150 Meccans over the course of 12 years, when he was kicked out of Mecca for being a charlatan, forcing him to migrate to Medina, Mahomet changed from a religious leader to a cult leader becoming much more successful in the process.

As any good cult leader, Mahomet needed to engender the loyalty of the Arab bedouins and to do so he promised them exactly what he knew they wanted and needed if they belonged to his cult of Islam: Food, water, "booty" and women, much of which was obtained from the caravan hijackings Mahomet sent his Muslim cult thugs on. Mahomet sanctioned the rape of female captives from the caravans hijacked.

Conveniently, Mahomet received a "revelation" from his allah telling him to take 20% of the booty, as recorded in the Quran. Allah and Mahomet formed a crime syndicate.

Mahomet, cleverly, convinced his cult followers that if they fought and died for him, they would have even more food and women in paradise. Thus, the invention of the 72 virgins who provide 1000 year orgasms and who re-grow their hymens to remain virgins.

Mahomet was a master manipulator, like Koresh and Charlie Manson.

Also, like every effective cult leader, Mahomet knew he needed to assure that the followers of his cult broke all ties with their familes which he knew would try to take them away from the Islamic cult. Thus, Mahomet received another convenient "revelation" from his allah instructing his followers that they must not have any relations with family members.

Ultimately, Mahomet was vastly more successful as a cult leader than a religious leader, rising from a petty preacher in Mecca to the King of Arabia before he died.

Interesting, I did not know Mahomet required his followers to cut all ties with their family members, that is exactly what cult leaders I have read about in the States require also, in some cases they actually require you to murder your family to truly embrace the cult. I based my opinion on the fact that idiots like Osama Bin Laden and Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi were so successful in getting people to listen to them and follow their teachings, those jackwagons are no different from cult leaders we have seen here in the US like Charles Manson and Jim Jones from the Peoples Temples, except that the people in the Middle East and most Muslim countries are very uneducated and thus are more prone to believe cult like bullshit, which is Bin Laden is considered a hero and a warrior of god and Zarqawi was respected and admired by many before the US killed him. If Charles Manson and Jim Jones were born as Muslim in a Middle Eastern country, they would have had followings 100 times bigger than the ones they had in the US and they would be hailed as heros of god, its just bad luck for Manson and Koresh that they were born in countries where not enough people believed in that bullshit.

Did the Muslims invent the shawarma? its bloody good.:eusa_pray:

Nah they stole it from the Greeks (gyros)

I LOVE Gyros.:eusa_pray:

1251309593-gyro.jpg

If David Koresh and Manson were born in Saudi Arabia instead of the US, they would have thousands of followers and be hailed as warriors of God.

Interesting point. While Mahomet was an abject failure as a religoius leader in Mecca, having converted only about 150 Meccans over the course of 12 years, when he was kicked out of Mecca for being a charlatan, forcing him to migrate to Medina, Mahomet changed from a religious leader to a cult leader becoming much more successful in the process.

As any good cult leader, Mahomet needed to engender the loyalty of the Arab bedouins and to do so he promised them exactly what he knew they wanted and needed if they belonged to his cult of Islam: Food, water, "booty" and women, much of which was obtained from the caravan hijackings Mahomet sent his Muslim cult thugs on. Mahomet sanctioned the rape of female captives from the caravans hijacked.

Conveniently, Mahomet received a "revelation" from his allah telling him to take 20% of the booty, as recorded in the Quran. Allah and Mahomet formed a crime syndicate.

Mahomet, cleverly, convinced his cult followers that if they fought and died for him, they would have even more food and women in paradise. Thus, the invention of the 72 virgins who provide 1000 year orgasms and who re-grow their hymens to remain virgins.

Also, like every effective cult leader, Mahomet knew he needed to assure that the followers of his cult broke all ties with their familes which he knew would try to take them away from the Islamic cult. Thus, Mahomet received another convenient "revelation" from his allah instructing his followers that they must not have any relations with family members.

Ultimately, Mahomet was vastly more successful as a cult leader than a religious leader, rising from a petty preacher in Mecca to the King of Arabia before he died.

Interesting, I did not know Mahomet required his followers to cut all ties with their family members, that is exactly what cult leaders I have read about in the States require also, in some cases they actually require you to murder your family to truly embrace the cult. I based my opinion on the fact that idiots like Osama Bin Laden and Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi were so successful in getting people to listen to them and follow their teachings, those jackwagons are no different from cult leaders we have seen here in the US like Charles Manson and Jim Jones from the Peoples Temples, except that the people in the Middle East and most Muslim countries are very uneducated and thus are more prone to believe cult like bullshit, which is Bin Laden is considered a hero and a warrior of god and Zarqawi was respected and admired by many before the US killed him. If Charles Manson and Jim Jones were born as Muslim in a Middle Eastern country, they would have had followings 100 times bigger than the ones they had in the US and they would be hailed as heros of god, its just bad luck for Manson and Koresh that they were born in countries where not enough people believed in that bullshit.

Mahomet established the concept of the ummah, the Islamic community. Just like a cult has its own group. Anyone outside the ummah was a kafir, considered the lowest of the low. Mahomet banned friendship with kafirs and prohibited marrying kafirs. Mahomet said that an enslaved Muslima is superior to a free kafir. Sick.

Quran 2:221...
And do not marry idolatresses, etc. till they believe worship Allâh Alone. And indeed a slave woman who believes is better than a free idolatress, etc., even though she pleases you. And give not your daughters in marriage to Al-Mushrikûn till they believe (in Allâh Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (idolater, etc.), even though he pleases you. Those (Al-Mushrikûn) invite you to the Fire, but Allâh invites (you) to Paradise and Forgiveness by His Leave, and makes His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to mankind that they may remember.

Quran 9:23...
O you who believe! Take not for supporters and helpers your fathers and your brothers if they prefer disbelief to Belief. And whoever of you does so, then he is one of the wrong-doers, etc.

Mahomet established the concept of the ummah, the Islamic community. Just like a cult has its own group. Anyone outside the ummah was a kafir, considered the lowest of the low. Mahomet banned friendship with kafirs and prohibited marrying kafirs. Mahomet said that an enslaved Muslima is superior to a free kafir. Sick.
And do not marry idolatresses, etc. till they believe worship Allâh Alone. And indeed a slave woman who believes is better than a free idolatress, etc., even though she pleases you. And give not your daughters in marriage to Al-Mushrikûn till they believe (in Allâh Alone) and verily, a believing slave is better than a (free) Mushrik (idolater, etc.), even though he pleases you. Those (Al-Mushrikûn) invite you to the Fire, but Allâh invites (you) to Paradise and Forgiveness by His Leave, and makes His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to mankind that they may remember.

Alot of this is very similar to what I read about Jim Jones from the Peoples Temple, except he expected everyone to turn over all their money and possessions to his name, and to turn over their daughters and wives over to him for his sexual pleasure. Sick.

Alot of this is very similar to what I read about Jim Jones from the Peoples Temple, except he expected everyone to turn over all their money and possessions to his name, and to turn over their daughters and wives over to him for his sexual pleasure. Sick.

Mahomet knew that religion didn't motivate the Arab bedouins to join his cult. He knew that what really drove them was the need to satisfy their desires for food and water and "booty," as the Quran calls it and women. The bedouin culture was barbaric and it was custom for a bedouin to just take any women who appealed to him, even if married, and rape her. Mahomet, cleverly, re-channeled the desires of the bedouin from raping and stealing for themselves to raping and stealing for Mahomet and, of course, allah.

Mahomet knew that religion didn't motivate the Arab bedouins to join his cult. He knew that what really drove them was the need to satisfy their desires for food and water and "booty," as the Quran calls it and women. The bedouin culture was barbaric and it was custom for a bedouin to just take any women who appealed to him, even if married, and rape her. Mahomet, cleverly, re-channeled the desires of the bedouin from raping and stealing for themselves to raping and stealing for Mahomet and, of course, allah.

In the poor Islamic countries those thing still go on, in Somalia there is no government and the Al Shabab routinetly rape the women of the villages they attack, and of course we all know about the crisis in Darfur, where Janjanweed horsemen are raping women whenever they feel like it. I don't know whats happened between now and than but I guess the women are taken off the table for the most part until you get to Paradise, in most Muslim countries adultry is a crime which carries a prison sentence and you can't even be seen out with a woman you are not married to or who is a direct family member.

Last edited:
Mahomet used threats of violence, hatred and degrading insults to coerce followers into his cult and to stay in his cult. As opposed to Jesus who said to spread Christianity through love.

For example,

Quran 48:13...
And if any believe not in Allah and His Messenger, We have prepared, for those who reject Allah, a Blazing Fire

Quran 60:4...
We are clear of you and of whatever ye worship besides Allah: we have rejected you, and there has arisen, between us and you, enmity and hatred for ever,- unless ye believe in Allah and Him alone

Qur’an 9:73...
Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites! Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell.

Those who drowned in the flood were disbelievers. 11:42
Allah will send a painful doom on several nations. 11:48
Disbelievers are the rightful owners of the Fire 13:5
Allah does not hear the prayer of disbelievers. 13:14
Those who do not answer Allah's call will go to hell. 13:18
Allah leads disbelievers astry while he torments them in this life. Then afterh they die, he makes them uffer even more pain in the doom of the Hereafter. 13:33-34
The reward for disbelievers is the Fire. 13:35
Woe unto the disbelievers. Theirs will be an awful doom. 14:2
"Lo! for wrong-doers is a painful doom." 14:22
"They set up rivals to Allah that they may mislead (men) from His way. Say: Enjoy life (while ye may) for lo! your journey's end will be the Fire." 14:30
Let the disbelievers enjoy life and let false hope beguile them. They will come to know! 15:2-3
"The disbelievers would not be tolerated." 15:8
Iblis will lead humans astray. Only perfect Muslims will be safe from him. The rest will go to hell. 15:39-43
Those who don't believe in the Hereafter are proud. 16:22
Allah made a roof fall in to kill unbelievers. "And the doom came on them whence they knew not." 16:26
Disbelievers are evil and will dwell in hell forever. 16:27-29
Disbelievers are liars. 16:39
Theirs will be the Fire, and they will be abandoned." 16:62
"Theirs will be a painful doom." 16:63
Allah will add doom to doom for those who disbelieve. 16:88
Those who oppose Islam will face an awful doom. 16:94
Those who loose their faith in Islam will face an awful doom. Allah's wrath is upon them. 16:106
Noble Qur'an Word for Word (3 Vol. Set) - Dar-us-Salam.com

Last edited:
Islamic radicals frown on art, culture and science. Which is why the Taliban forbid any art of drawings when they ran Afghanistan and Iraqi insurgents executed Iraqi artists and scientists in the streets.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dweVZlnLFys"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dweVZlnLFys[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd9lYFBFL14"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd9lYFBFL14[/ame]

Last edited:
Mahomet used threats of violence and degrading insults to coerce followers into his cult and to stay in his cult. As opposed to Jesus who said to spread Christianity through love.

For example,

Quran 48:13...
And if any believe not in Allah and His Messenger, We have prepared, for those who reject Allah, a Blazing Fire

Quran 60:4...
We are clear of you and of whatever ye worship besides Allah: we have rejected you, and there has arisen, between us and you, enmity and hatred for ever,- unless ye believe in Allah and Him alone

Qur’an 9:73...
Strive against the disbelievers and the hypocrites! Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell.

Those who drowned in the flood were disbelievers. 11:42
Allah will send a painful doom on several nations. 11:48
Disbelievers are the rightful owners of the Fire 13:5
Allah does not hear the prayer of disbelievers. 13:14
Those who do not answer Allah's call will go to hell. 13:18
Allah leads disbelievers astry while he torments them in this life. Then afterh they die, he makes them uffer even more pain in the doom of the Hereafter. 13:33-34
The reward for disbelievers is the Fire. 13:35
Woe unto the disbelievers. Theirs will be an awful doom. 14:2
"Lo! for wrong-doers is a painful doom." 14:22
"They set up rivals to Allah that they may mislead (men) from His way. Say: Enjoy life (while ye may) for lo! your journey's end will be the Fire." 14:30
Let the disbelievers enjoy life and let false hope beguile them. They will come to know! 15:2-3
"The disbelievers would not be tolerated." 15:8
Iblis will lead humans astray. Only perfect Muslims will be safe from him. The rest will go to hell. 15:39-43
Those who don't believe in the Hereafter are proud. 16:22
Allah made a roof fall in to kill unbelievers. "And the doom came on them whence they knew not." 16:26
Disbelievers are evil and will dwell in hell forever. 16:27-29
Disbelievers are liars. 16:39
Theirs will be the Fire, and they will be abandoned." 16:62
"Theirs will be a painful doom." 16:63
Allah will add doom to doom for those who disbelieve. 16:88
Those who oppose Islam will face an awful doom. 16:94
Those who loose their faith in Islam will face an awful doom. Allah's wrath is upon them. 16:106
Noble Qur'an Word for Word (3 Vol. Set) - Dar-us-Salam.com

I know one thing for sure, to actually try and follow all of this verbatim in your daily life, makes for a very dangerous violent lifestyle.:eek:

Islam is a religion.

Like Christianity it doesn't give anything scientific to society.

So?

Islam is a religion.

So?

Christians and Jews comprise 99.9% of all advances in science, scientific and medical discoveries and Nobel Prizes for science

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

They have given us great Americans who serve our country in countless ways just like members of every other religious group here.

Islam has an insignificant historical connection with America. Indeed, Islam has an anti-American history.

Islam is a fascist ideology that is antithetical to everything America stands for.

Muzzie Turks fought on the side of the Germans in World War I and Muzzie Arabs collaborated with the Nazis in WW II.

Muzzies sided with the Soviets during the Cold War.

Here, the IslamoNazi Muzzie Grand Mufti is seen collaborating with the German Nazi Hitler...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSUEx1cKUlg[/ame]

1. Take a look at that Muzzy hat, anyone who wears a upside down doggie bowl for a hat, has to be a loser.:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

They have given us great Americans who serve our country in countless ways just like members of every other religious group here.

Islam has an insignificant historical connection with America. Indeed, Islam has an anti-American history.

Islam is a fascist ideology that is antithetical to everything America stands for.

Muzzie Turks fought on the side of the Germans in World War I and Muzzie Arabs collaborated with the Nazis in WW II.

Muzzies sided with the Soviets during the Cold War.

Here, the IslamoNazi Muzzie Grand Mufti is seen collaborating with the German Nazi Hitler...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSUEx1cKUlg[/ame]

1. Take a look at that Muzzy hat, anyone who wears a upside down doggie bowl for a hat, has to be a loser.:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Well, to be fair, the Mufti's hat is not nearly as ridiculous as the Saudis wearing their laundry on their heads. :lol:
http://www.toursaudiarabia.com/abdullah/abdullah-2.jpg

More on the Muslim Grand Mufti's Nazi backround...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLRTe-lZMB0[/ame]

Islam is a religion.

So?

Christians and Jews comprise 99.9% of all advances in science, scientific and medical discoveries and Nobel Prizes for science

What science has Christianity given us?

None

What science has Judeaism given us?

None.

What science has Islam given us?

None.

You get it, yet, Marc?

The question was STUPIDLY framed.

It deserved a STUPID (but correct) response

Forum List

Back