CDZ What Has Happened to the Ds?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by william the wie, Nov 6, 2017.

1. william the wie

william the wie Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,114
    TOS with his post is a great illustration of my point

2. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +574
    No over reactions.

The Democrats got more votes in the Presidential election than the Republicans. Their votes were more poorly placed. They did a poor job of motivating their voters "in the right places" to show up. It may be because Trump had better numbers people in his campaign. Which Obama campaign got all the attention because they really hit the right voters.....

I do admit I thought Donald was not much of a candidate, Hillary is difficult to like though and the D's Old Boys Club just wasn't willing to go as far as to nominate Bernie. It was a very interesting election and the squeeze on the working class man though 8 years of Obama, be it Obama's fault, the time of man, or whatever killed the D's. Personally I blame Obama and the D's for not helping the working class enough and being too like the R's in many regards. Then Trump came in with rhetoric which won over many working class voters who I can't blame if they thought, "we may as well try this guy".

The D's have not been as organized a party as the R's for most of my life IMO. Good? Bad? I really don't like political parties as none supports my every political whim and I refuse to get hung up rooting for a political team like a cheerleader in a skirt does.

National disgrace? Zimbabwe or Venezuela? I think we had another thread where you came out pretty biased towards the R's. As a non-member of either I say there is plenty of disgrace to be shared between the D's and the R's.