What happens when you make people work for food stamps!

"Work requirements" are a disastrous policy. First of all, the "programs" meant to help people get jobs who aren't currently employed aren't doing well, at all. In fact, it's absolutely horrific the state these are in right now. You want to force people to get jobs? Great, support state run employment programs, but telling people they have to seek out private employment which may or may not be available or they lose their food stamps.. that's just cruel.
wah wah wah......
Ya know that is great theater. As long as it isn't YOUR money being spent, why the hell should you care?
It's all emotion with you people.

"Work requirements" are a disastrous policy. First of all, the "programs" meant to help people get jobs who aren't currently employed aren't doing well, at all. In fact, it's absolutely horrific the state these are in right now. You want to force people to get jobs? Great, support state run employment programs, but telling people they have to seek out private employment which may or may not be available or they lose their food stamps.. that's just cruel.
So what happened to all those great jobs Obozo's creating every month????

After all, he says the economy is really booming, and the Libs are constantly on these boards agreeing with him...

Could it be that Democrats are compulsive liars????
nope. They see every issue and want to have it both ways..
Their Chosen One has been busting records creating jobs. And......"Oh my GOD!!!! How dare you expect people to take one of those jobs. They pay SLAVE WAGES!!!!!!"

Typical left wing BS.
The republicans under GW Bush chased jobs out of the country. How? by raising taxes, What made it so easy for them to relocate? trade deals made by Clinton.
but what is the main cry from the left? big business isnt paying their fair share of taxes, so lets raise it.
I guess a dollar in liberal tax is less than a dollar in conservative tax.
The left never wants to take responsibility for anything they do. abortions, poverty nothing. Just screw things up then blame someone else and hope you can make them pay your way out.
Liberalism operates best when it is busily pointing out the existence of a non existent crisis, fixing it then when the fix does not work, claim to have the answer to the broken fix, swoop in a claim to fix it again.....

Mommy, I'm hungry.

Tough shit kid. I ain't gettin' no job!

If you bothered to read the article, the program only applies to abled bodied adults with no children.
And you assume that jobs are infinite/these "work requirements" actually do something useful.
Infinite? No....Giving people a purpose and something to do every day, absolutely. People are at their best when they are productive.

Mommy, I'm hungry.

If you bothered to read the article, the program only applies to abled bodied adults with no children.
And you assume that jobs are infinite/these "work requirements" actually do something useful.

Well let me tell you, I'm a truck driver and this year alone, we need over 60,000 new drivers that industry can't find. When I go to industrial areas, I see countless sign after sign on companies that are looking for help. Go back three weeks later, the signs are still posted.

So the question is are these programs there for the truly indigent, or are people using them as an option to working?
The trucking industry is especially hard hit. The business cannot hire enough drivers. Class A drivers can make a very good living. It isn't easy. Many local or transfer drivers must handle freight as well as operate the vehicle. One of the aspects of truck driving, is drivers can gain experience then move on to better driving jobs which not only pay better, but involve less handling of freight or even "no touch" ...
To the those on the entitled left though, you may as well insult their mothers.

So what happened to all those great jobs Obozo's creating every month????

After all, he says the economy is really booming, and the Libs are constantly on these boards agreeing with him...

Could it be that Democrats are compulsive liars????
1.) You're assuming that job growth will somehow end unemployment in particular areas and there is no job growth if people use government assistance.. Literally, this is what you're trying to say. That is absurd and childish. Also, the president's name is "Barack Obama" not "obozo." The economy is doing quite well considering the recession, but I'll be honest, Obama has been a bit to neoliberal for my tastes and hasn't done enough, Dodd Frank is nice and all, hell, obama has spent most of his 8 years making sure to preserve dodd frank/the other modest things he has done. Both parties are liars.
First off mr ass kisser, we have freedom of speech here so if we want to call the guy in the WH something other than "his Royal Grace" we will. If you don't like it, file a fuckin lawsuit.
Now....What the hell do you want? Job growth? Oh not good enough, right? 5% unemployment? Nuh uh....No good either.
Obama has done enough,.....Hey, just be honest here and admit that you believe Obama isn't liberal enough. As though he hasn't pushed this country far left as it is.....
What the hell does Dodd/Frank have to do with anything?

Mommy, I'm hungry.

Well let me tell you, I'm a truck driver and this year alone, we need over 60,000 new drivers that industry can't find. When I go to industrial areas, I see countless sign after sign on companies that are looking for help. Go back three weeks later, the signs are still posted.

So the question is are these programs there for the truly indigent, or are people using them as an option to working?
No one cares if you're a truck driver. Anecdotes you cannot back up mean nothing on this board. I prefer things I can verify. You don't know the individual circumstances of individuals, if they have transportation, their debt, if they have to pay child support, etc, etc, etc... I'm sure some people collect food stamps and don't work, but seriously, who cares? I certainly don't. People spend to much time trying to blame the small number of poor people who "abuse" programs then they do look at real issues, such as the neoliberalism that has been ruining america since the 70's..
Ok..after reading this latest piece of drivel, I am quite through with you..
You are emoting. That's all....

Mommy, I'm hungry.

Problem is also these people aren't qualified to do anything.

NM has jobs fairs year round for doctors, nurses, technicians, A/P,A/R,auditors,analysts,welders etc...

Yet... can't find qualified applicants with required training or work experience.
And who's fault is that?
Individuals have the responsibility to get themselves trained and/or educated to compete in the job market. Otherwise they take their chances.
The bottom line is if they make the choice to keep themselves untrained or uneducated, that is not the responsibility of everyone else. Why should those who are productive and have done the right thing have to stand in horror and watch other able bodied people game the system and essentially cram their grubby paws into out pockets while looking us dead in the eye and saying :"you OWE me this"...

Mommy, I'm hungry.

Problem is also these people aren't qualified to do anything.

NM has jobs fairs year round for doctors, nurses, technicians, A/P,A/R,auditors,analysts,welders etc...

Yet... can't find qualified applicants with required training or work experience.
I agree they're not qualified, after all, they probably can't/couldn't afford higher education..
Excuses excuses.
hey sunshine....Not every person is qualified to attend college. That said, they can find a way to acquire new skills.
The excuses you post are unacceptable and invalid.

Mommy, I'm hungry.

The trucking industry is especially hard hit. The business cannot hire enough drivers. Class A drivers can make a very good living. It isn't easy. Many local or transfer drivers must handle freight as well as operate the vehicle. One of the aspects of truck driving, is drivers can gain experience then move on to better driving jobs which not only pay better, but involve less handling of freight or even "no touch" ...
To the those on the entitled left though, you may as well insult their mothers.

This is true, in fact, some companies will not only train you for the job, but pay you while you learn. How many other industries would do that?

Of course when I make that suggestion to liberals that spew not enough jobs around, I'm met with a plethora of excuses why their government dependents can't go to work and drive a truck.

Forum List

Back