What happens to Bush's legacy if...

While he has had a few policies that suck for sure, you really can't say the War in Iraq has failed.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell Clinton-bashers: since you choose to deride him for the things you consider failed about his policies and/or his real screw-ups, then it is only fair that credit be given where it is due to his Administration as well.

Before you ask ... no,I did not support his decision to invade Iraq. While justification existed to invade Iraq, I think leaving Saddam in place was the lesser of two evils from a global/regional strategic point of view.

At any rate, if you blamed him when it was going bad in Iraq, then too he deserves credit for it going right.

I know that was to silence, but FWIW I blame him for lying to take us to war and for initiating a strategy of pre-emption. All in the name of preventing another 9/11, a horrific day in which two buildings were destroyed and maybe 5000 people died.

The ends never justifies the means, lying is never OK, pre-emptive aggression is sure to get you more enemies and make the world a hell of al ot more tense, he's a hack and we're all paying the price.

I am glad saddam is no longer in power, but the ends do not justify the means, and it is never OK to lie a country into a preemptive war.

That's not directed at you just at the sentiment of giving him credit. :)

Forum List

Back