What happens to Bush's legacy if...

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
What happens the 43's legacy if 20 years from now Iraq is a peaceful, prosperous member of the world community with a democracy-derivative government? I'm not saying that I'm wildly optimistic that this will happen necessarily, just playing the "what if" game. If this happens, would it all have been worth it? :eusa_think:

What happens the 43's legacy if 20 years from now Iraq is a peaceful, prosperous member of the world community with a democracy-derivative government? I'm not saying that I'm wildly optimistic that this will happen necessarily, just playing the "what if" game. If this happens, would it all have been worth it? :eusa_think:

If, and it's a huge if, the development of a democratic Iraq led to a more stabilized Middle East, with less sectarian violence and advances in living conditions, then I would say it was worth it.

I oppose this war, but I would say that the prize would be worth the game in that case.

No way to know. It's possible they would have had a revolution on their own, either before Saddam fell or after he kicked the bucket naturally.

I guess that would depend on how that were achieved, through more war or through diplomacy.

Bush's legacy is of a failed war and failed policies, nothing more and nothing less.

Regardless of how Iraq turns out in the end, Bush has said he doesn't pay that much attention and isn't in on those meetting cuz he has "other things to do" so giving him credit for decisions he clearly had nothing to do with doesn't seem right.

• Banned
No way to know. It's possible they would have had a revolution on their own, either before Saddam fell or after he kicked the bucket naturally.

Weeeeeeeeeeeak! :doubt:

That's like saying there's no way to know whether Truman's decision to drop the a-bomb was responsible for Japan's surrender, since they may have eventually anyway.

Weeeeeeeeeeeak! :doubt:

That's like saying there's no way to know whether Truman's decision to drop the a-bomb was responsible for Japan's surrender, since they may have eventually anyway.
That's retarded. There is no comparison. The Japanese were actively in a war with us, Iraq was not. Bombing Japan more than likely hastened the end of the war, unless something else was going on that we don't know about.

What a doofus, comparing WW2 to us invading the wrong country.

:cuckoo:

That's retarded. There is no comparison. The Japanese were actively in a war with us, Iraq was not. Bombing Japan more than likely hastened the end of the war, unless something else was going on that we don't know about.

What a doofus, comparing WW2 to us invading the wrong country.

:cuckoo:

I didn't compare them. I used an example to demonstrate your weak ass offering. Nice attempted deflection though.

Ravi,

If you are too stupid and unimaginative to form your own opinion about how an Iraqi success story may or may not impact Bush's legacy, then just say so...fucktard!

Ravi,

If you are too stupid and unimaginative to form your own opinion about how an Iraqi success story may or may not impact Bush's legacy, then just say so...fucktard!
Was it worth it and will it impact Bush's legacy could easily be two separate issues.

People still argue over whether or not Reagan's star wars program was worth it.

To you koolaid drinkers, it will always be worth it. To everyone else, more than likely NOT.

Jackass.

Was it worth it and will it impact Bush's legacy could easily be two separate issues.

People still argue over whether or not Reagan's star wars program was worth it.

To you koolaid drinkers, it will always be worth it. To everyone else, more than likely NOT.

Jackass.

:rofl:

You, calling ANYONE else a koolaid drinker, is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black.

AND THEN SOME!

Sorry Ravi,

But this one is all on you. I asked a question (or two) soliciting OPINIONS. Your first response is "no way to know." To me, that says you're too retarded to even know what YOU think. If IYO, it wouldn't have been worth it and Bush's legacy would be unaffected, then just say that. Geesh!

Fine. Then in twenty years, prove that a peaceful, democratic Iraq is a direct result of US intervention.
I am sure they will still be fighting over since they have been since I don't forever.

Sorry Ravi,

But this one is all on you. I asked a question (or two) soliciting OPINIONS. Your first response is "no way to know." To me, that says you're too retarded to even know what YOU think. If IYO, it wouldn't have been worth it and Bush's legacy would be unaffected, then just say that. Geesh!
Sigh. There's no way to KNOW if it will be worth it if your pipe dream comes true, because there is no way to KNOW that what happened today produced a different result than leaving things be.

That was the question I was answering. I ignored the one about Bush's legacy, because really, who cares?

But I tell you what. Get back to me in twenty years when peace reigns supreme in the middle east and we are still the world power and I'll tell you what I think.

So I guess you also believe that there is no way to KNOW if MLK Jr. had any impact on civil rights in this country since there is no way to KNOW that what he did produced a different result than if he kept his ****** trap shut and just left things be. :cuckoo:

Your analogies need work.

MLK produced an immediate, noticeable result. Yes, he had an impact. Probably things would have happened in a similar fashion without him, but it may have taken longer.

A better analogy would be to claim that the US funding of rebels in Afghanistan against the Russians led to the creation of the Taliban and the eventual happenings on 9/11. But there's no way to know if it wouldn't have happened anyway.

Forum List

Back