What Happens If We Wake Up With a Mormon in the White House?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Punch! / By Mark Ames

What Joseph Smith's Run for President Suggests About Mitt Romney.

The truth about the man with 33 wives -- and what that tells us about Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

Much More: What Happens If We Wake Up With a Mormon in the White House? What Joseph Smith's Run for President Suggests About Mitt Romney | Belief | AlterNet

NOTE: It's a long, but interesting, read. Wingnuts should also enjoy it.

How about that I recall reading how many upset at Kennedy's Catholic faith. Believing that Kennedy would give power to the Pope and the Catholic Church among many other things.

Punch! / By Mark Ames

The truth about the man with 33 wives -- and what that tells us about Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

Much More: What Happens If We Wake Up With a Mormon in the White House? What Joseph Smith's Run for President Suggests About Mitt Romney | Belief | AlterNet

Pure bunk....

I am LDS and I think I am going to take this to Sunday School tomorrow where we will get a huge laugh out of it.

It is no wonder you can't trust anything you read these days.

This is from Mormon Scripture:

We believe that all men are bound to sustain and uphold the respective governments in which they reside, while protected in their inherent and inalienable rights by the laws of such governments; and that sedition and rebellion are unbecoming every citizen thus protected, and should be punished accordingly; and that all governments have a right to enact such laws as in their own judgments are best calculated to secure the public interest; at the same time, however, holding sacred the freedom of conscience.

Much of the Book of Mormon is about government.

This article is to funny.

Last edited:
Bigots can imagine any scenario about a Christian. It just makes them look like ....well....bigots.

You include what is said about Obama, right?

What was said about Obama? His preacher was a bigot? He was IMO. I don't think it was his faith as much as whom he was listening to, TBH.

As far as his being a Muslim? LOL Hillary Clinton started that mess by releasing photos of him in Muslim garb.

Punch! / By Mark Ames

33 Wives? Are they all virgins when he married them? :eusa_whistle:

Punch! / By Mark Ames

Pure bunk....

I am LDS and I think I am going to take this to Sunday School tomorrow where we will get a huge laugh out of it.

We believe that all men are bound to sustain and uphold the respective governments in which they reside, while protected in their inherent and inalienable rights by the laws of such governments; and that sedition and rebellion are unbecoming every citizen thus protected, and should be punished accordingly; and that all governments have a right to enact such laws as in their own judgments are best calculated to secure the public interest; at the same time, however, holding sacred the freedom of conscience.

The LDS has "scriptures"????.. You make me laugh longtime. Don't you mean more like "recent memos". Don't "scriptures" need to be ancient or something?

What would I do if Mittens is elected? Seriously consider moving to Mexico. I was going to anyway..I would finish restoring my 1958 32ft Chris Craft Commander .. and trailer it down to Zihuatanejo and spend the rest of my days chartering it out Marlin fishing. I would give no more thought to or faith in America.

Pure bunk....

The LDS has "scriptures"????.. You make me laugh longtime. Don't you mean more like "recent memos". Don't "scriptures" need to be ancient or something?

What would I do if Mittens is elected? Seriously consider moving to Mexico. I was going to anyway..I would finish restoring my 1958 32ft Chris Craft Commander .. and trailer it down to Zihuatanejo and spend the rest of my days chartering it out Marlin fishing. I would give no more thought to or faith in America.

Good to know you care so much about your country.

Good riddance.

Pure bunk....

Good to know you care so much about your country.

Good riddance.

If America is stupid enough to elect that asshat cult bishop to the White House you can have it. I'll wash my hands of it. At THAT point it will not be worth saving.

Pure bunk....

Scripture simply means "religious text", no where does it say they must be ancient. BTW there are a few million Mormon's in Mexico, maybe you will run into a few. :eusa_whistle:

What would I do if Mittens is elected? Seriously consider moving to Mexico.

Because Mexico is way better than America. That's why so many of its people run away. They are having too much fun.

:lol:

CaféAuLait;5503543 said:
Pure bunk....

Scripture simply means "religious text", no where does it say they must be ancient. BTW there are a few million Mormon's in Mexico, maybe you will run into a few. :eusa_whistle:

Ya maybe...but they damn sure won't be running the country. I love the people in Mexico.. They are not evil like Mormans and NewRepublicans. They are simple, generous and thankful of what they have.... Not greedy over-reaching assholes pushing thier fucked up fantasies on others.

Forum List

Back