What happens if this turns out to be a natural pattern?

Let's say 10 years from now the temperatures are going down and we come to the conclusion that it was bull shit all along???

What will you say. :eusa_shifty:

I probably wouldnt say it but I'd be thinking, "I told you so!". I'm not so sure we are finished with warming but the big feedbacks and catastrophic predictions are pretty much toast.

Let's say 10 years from now the temperatures are going down and we come to the conclusion that it was bull shit all along???

Gee, I don't know....Hurrah?

What the fuck else would you expect people to say upon learning that climate isn't going to kill off mankind?

Is there really any doubt that is exactly what is going to happen in the end? The wheels are falling off the greenhouse effect hypothesis (all versions of it) as we speak.

Sure; but lets say for 10 years, or 20 or 30 or 40 ... temperatures have been going up unnaturally, since the Industrial Revolution, basically, do we come to the conclusion that Doubters are complete fucking idiots, or just your garden variety idiots?

I dont doubt stuff is happening. It is a natural cycle. Has happened a few times. I DO doubt it is man-made.

What will you say if the ice cap is gone, the sea has risen a dozen meters and a billion people have been displaced? I suspect I know what you would say, "fuck those people, close our borders and put another polar bear steak on the grill".

I dont doubt stuff is happening. It is a natural cycle. Has happened a few times. I DO doubt it is man-made.

Why?

While we have done some damage, we are not the reason for it. A good volcano eruption is 100's of times for damagin than a year of man-made problems. Granted that was in my science book in HS 10 years ago. It is a natural cycle. The Earth heals itself. Hell a fart hurts the environment

Why?

While we have done some damage, we are not the reason for it. A good volcano eruption is 100's of times for damagin than a year of man-made problems. Granted that was in my science book in HS 10 years ago. It is a natural cycle. The Earth heals itself. Hell a fart hurts the environment

The statement contradicts itself.

lol. Sorry. We are not the reason for the Earth the way it is. Our percentage of damage is pretty low

What will you say if the ice cap is gone, the sea has risen a dozen meters and a billion people have been displaced? I suspect I know what you would say, "fuck those people, close our borders and put another polar bear steak on the grill".

The North Pole has been ice free before, most recently during the Holocene Thermal Maximum of 8,000 years ago. It may have been during the MWP, we simply don't know for certain. Here is the sea ice extent today and here is a photo of the three subs in open water at the North Pole back in 1987. You would have a pretty difficult time doing that today.

In other words....it's normal and is nothing to get all worked up about....no matter what your science and history denying religious leaders tell you.
:eusa_whistle:

Attachments

• $3-subs-north-pole-1987.jpg
    $3-subs-north-pole-1987.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 56
  • $ssmi1_ice_ext.jpg
    $ssmi1_ice_ext.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 64

lol. Sorry. We are not the reason for the Earth the way it is. Our percentage of damage is pretty low

The question is (and was) are we affecting the climate in a significant way, vis a vis an historic and unnatural rise in greenhouse gasses due to man-made effects?

Science says, "yes."

Petroleum industry-funded pseudoscience says, "no/maybe/yes, but no biggie." Bingo! There's debate, and thus a reasonable basis for doubt. The morons will buy-in reflexively, since well, that Al Gore guy was and is a Dem. Conservative Southern Dem, but no matter. We''ll call him a leftist loon, and the functional retards will be all over it.

What the hell, I think I'll go with science. You?

The question is (and was) are we affecting the climate in a significant way, vis a vis an historic and unnatural rise in greenhouse gasses due to man-made effects?

Science says, "yes."

Petroleum industry-funded pseudoscience says, "no/maybe/yes, but no biggie." Bingo! There's debate, and thus a reasonable basis for doubt. The morons will buy-in reflexively, since well, that Al Gore guy was and is a Dem. Conservative Southern Dem, but no matter. We''ll call him a leftist loon, and the functional retards will be all over it.

Significantly? I dont think so. I believe that came from scientists. Seems to me it is getting debunked more and more all the time

Science says, "yes."

No, "science" does not say "yes". There has not been a single empirical test that has ever proven a single one of the computer models correct. Your belief system is based entirely on computer models and the press releases of the climatologists who release them to the compliant media.

Every time one of the assertions has been tested in the real world it has failed. Every, single, time.

That's quite a track record.

New Topics

Forum List

Back