What happened to the...

It really wouldn't be Christmas without those who mock Christianity....

'Tis the season...

Where have I mocked Christianity in this thread?
This thread wasn't created to seek answers...

You can pretend it was if you want...

You appear to be like those sanctimonious bastards in the church I was raised in who punished me for asking questions.
Sounds like you had a rough childhood... Maybe you and your shrink can discuss it, but I don't care what I "appear to be" to a bigot like you...

Only fools do not ask questions about something as important as their religion.

See above...

Love the avie, though...:lol:

House is a great show! Keep watching...

You appear to be like those sanctimonious bastards in the church I was raised in who punished me for asking questions.

You seem to be like one of those sanctimonious, religion hating Liberals.

You are not familiar with my posts on the subject?

I am an atheist. However I do support my local church in their charitable and youth related endeavors.
I was told by their preacher before thanksgiving that I had given them more money than any member of the church.
I think real christians are fine people.
I just do not want them trying to run my life, but real christians do not do that anyway.
actually, real Christians offer suggestions and provide opportunities to learn about Christ.... Sounds like you got mixed up with some bad apples... Most Christians don't act like that...

The only thing I hate about any/all religions is the many of the things some of their followers do in the name of their religion.

A pity you have such a narrow view of Christianity...

Expanding your knowledge is probably waranted, but it sounds like you've already made up your mind based upon one experience...

I think the reason why we cal them the "Three wise men/kings" is due to the prepondance of the number three associated to Christ by the witness.

Hey!! That is a great bible game for budding Christophiles!! Count how many times the number(or reference to the number) 3 is present in the Book of Matthews.

It really wouldn't be Christmas without those who mock Christianity....

'Tis the season...

This thread wasn't created to seek answers...

You can pretend it was if you want...

Sounds like you had a rough childhood... Maybe you and your shrink can discuss it, but I don't care what I "appear to be" to a bigot like you...

See above...

Love the avie, though...:lol:

House is a great show! Keep watching...
Careful...that chip on your shoulder is about to crush you.

Mocking Christmas, huh...

Let me try it!!

Christmas is the time of year that we thank Mary for providing to us this marvelous feast of godly flesh and blood!!

You know--when I say it that way--it seems so gross!!

Yeah the bible does not say a lot.

I would suspect that it finianced their travels to Egypt.

Just like peyote for your religious beliefs! Or have you guys switched entirely to meth? I heard that big amongst your kind nowadays.

Well, you are trying to take care of a baby in a stable, some frankincense would be very helpful. Especially since those wise guys from the east probably came on camels. What a new mom has to put up with back in those days is not to be believed. 12 hours of delivery time, the boyfriend is worse than useless, you can't afford the midwife, and all the sudden there is a mob of oriental tourists babbling away about the baby.

You seem to be like one of those sanctimonious, religion hating Liberals.

You are not familiar with my posts on the subject?

I am an atheist. However I do support my local church in their charitable and youth related endeavors.
I was told by their preacher before thanksgiving that I had given them more money than any member of the church.
I think real christians are fine people.
I just do not want them trying to run my life, but real christians do not do that anyway.
actually, real Christians offer suggestions and provide opportunities to learn about Christ.... Sounds like you got mixed up with some bad apples... Most Christians don't act like that...

The only thing I hate about any/all religions is the many of the things some of their followers do in the name of their religion.

A pity you have such a narrow view of Christianity...

Expanding your knowledge is probably waranted, but it sounds like you've already made up your mind based upon one experience...

Based on one experience? Talk about a leap of logic on your part.

It is not known if there were "3" wise men. There were 3 gifts - gold, frankencense, and murr, but the Bible only says that "wise men" came to worship the baby Jesus. They did not give an actual number of wise men that came to worship the newborn king. It's anybody's guess as to what happened to the 3 gifts.

You are correct! I stand in error. It was how I was taught in church though.
Might have been 15 of them and all but one were stingy bastards.

the east would be from that dreaded Islam area?
there were no such thing as a Muslim at that time

Neither was there any such thing as a christian.

It seems to me that Joseph is around in the beginning but near the end of Jesus life, there is no Joseph!

What happens to Joseph?

It seems to me that Joseph is around in the beginning but near the end of Jesus life, there is no Joseph!

What happens to Joseph?

Good question and what about Jesus's early years?
apparently Joseph was around at least long enough to father James?

What happens to Joseph?

At the end of his life, his dad would have been around 51. +/- a couple years.

Life expectancy in the Roman empire was such that the number of males who made that age were very very very rare. A worker in a job like carpentry would not be one of those who made it that far. Very debilitating job.

Forum List

Back