What happened to the soldiers at Joseph of Aremethia's tomb?

What happened to the soldiers guarding the tomb

• Sold into slavery

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Crucified themselves

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Put onto the galleys

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 12, 2008
Afte the corpse was taken away and put in the tomb, according to the Gospel of John Roman soldiers were put on guard to make sure nothing happened to it. So in addition to haveing a great bolder put in front of it, we had a small unit of soldiery there.

So, the three days later the tomb is open, and the body is missing.

given what we know of Roman administration, what happend to the soldiers there?

Although I don't believe in the biblical story.

Any Roman soldier who lost a prisoner are a body during the night.

Would be accused of falling asleep during guard duty.

Which in most armies throughout history carries the death penalty.

I'd like to know which pharaoh was the correct one during the mass exodus of the hebrews led by moses...and what happened to egypt after they left. I googled. Nobody seems to know for sure.

If you were guarding a tomb and an Angel came down from heaven and opened that tomb and the occupant of that tomb walked out what would you do? I would venture to say that the soldiers ran away. Any attempt to interfere with immortals is in vain and the shock of seeing Jesus rise up out of the tomb just added that much more impetus to their fleeing.

Afte the corpse was taken away and put in the tomb, according to the Gospel of John Roman soldiers were put on guard to make sure nothing happened to it. So in addition to haveing a great bolder put in front of it, we had a small unit of soldiery there.

a mystery

I'd like to know which pharaoh was the correct one during the mass exodus of the hebrews led by moses...and what happened to egypt after they left. I googled. Nobody seems to know for sure.
they were never there!

The logical thing would be that this actually didnt happen.
But this is about magic and fairy tales plagiarized from other religions much older than that one. So, logic isnt necessary.
Carry on!

Given what was known of collaboration by Herodians and Pharisees, money was passed .
When Pilate delivered over a man he would have let go, there is no reason to think that he or any official would care to continue the charade to the point of publicly trying to explain 1) whether Jesus rose from the dead or 2) A bunch of soldiers all took a nap

REmember the centrality of the fact
“If Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile and you are still in your sins.”

(I Corinthians15:17)

Forum List

Back