What happened to the jobs?

they all were sent overseas ( some corrupt politicians and elite Wall Street Gangster Banksters don't care about the American people, that's why we need a Revolution. Take these thugs down and put them in jail.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK_Fi__c8io&feature=fvst]YouTube - ‪Long-term unemployed numbers continue to grow‬‏[/ame]

so where were they[Repubicans] before now?

The essential point here is that Republicans have always been as conservative as voters would allow. This time it could be a moderate like Romney are and extreme right wing Jeffersonian like Bachman.
THe party is not a fixed object.

so where were they[Repubicans] before now?

The essential point here is that Republicans have always been as conservative as voters would allow. This time it could be a moderate like Romney are and extreme right wing Jeffersonian like Bachman.
THe party is not a fixed object.

Jefferson, ironically, had it right:

Jefferson, Education and the Franchise
Jefferson could never completely separate education from government. With the fullest faith in the ability of man to govern himself, Jefferson nonetheless realized the responsibility of self-government could be assumed successfully only by an enlightened people.

The habit of thinking of public education in essentially political terms, as an auxiliary of free government, naturally suggests a common father for both. In associating manhood suffrage with education, Jefferson was in the forefront. It was his belief in universal suffrage that made necessary the accompanying idea of universal education.

Only popular government can safeguard democracy. . . . Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. And to render them safe, their minds must be improved to a certain degree. . . ." (as cited in Koch and Peden, 1972, p. 265)

The preparation of the voter so that he might express his opinion by means of the ballot, thus insuring political liberty, was one of the main goals of Jefferson's plan for education which asserted four basic principles:

"that democracy cannot long exist without enlightenment.

that it cannot function without wise and honest officials.

that talent and virtue, needed in a free society, should be educated regardless of wealth, birth or other accidental condition.

that the children of the poor must be thus educated at common expense." (as cited in Padover, 1952, p. 43)

Jefferson felt so strongly about education that he, as a strict constitutional constructionist, submitted to congress an amendment to the constitution to legalize federal support for education in his State of the Union Address, December 2, 1806. "Education is here placed among the articles of public care. . . " (Honeywell, 1964, p. 63).

THe party is not a fixed object

Jefferson, ironically, had it right
Jefferson could never completely separate education from government.

of course we assume if Jefferson had seen government education make our kids the dumbest in the civilized world he would have changed his mind about one a the very few things[education] he thought government could handle without destroyng

...we still at this time have a lead in the creative edge that I'd bet the farm on it. And their centralized "marketing" in the Red Chinese planning structure ain't gonna ever completely overcome this cultural problem they have...
--and that culture problem runs very very deep.

Even before Columbus sailed the Chinese had big ship and navigation tech and explored tens of thousands of miles of ocean. They didn't gain anything though because culturally they've always been locked into a sense of self-superiority. In contrast the Italians got tomatoes from America for the noodles they'd gotten from China and they invented their Italian spaghetti.

Back then the Chinese also produced more iron than all the rest of the world put together, and by the time Europe's industrial revolution began China had closed its last iron mine.

Now everyone gets to drink cheap milk while the independent farmer struggles to survive by paying his "slaves" minimum wage just in order to keep the small farm operating and seeing very little profit therefrom. If it weren't for the dairy coops and government subsidies

Americans would be living in the stone ago if government put all inefficient and obsolete businesses on welfare.

Subsidizing milk production and subsidizing pet rock production are vastly different priorities.

around here there are want ads with many jobs daily.

And for every good paying job requiring experience, there are a hundred or more applicants. People who already have those jobs aren't leaving them, so hiring by attrition is pratcially non-existent. Most other want ads, at least in my papers, are for part-time help or for service jobs, such as sous chef (for which training is also required).

THe party is not a fixed object

Jefferson, ironically, had it right
Jefferson could never completely separate education from government.

of course we assume if Jefferson had seen government education make our kids the dumbest in the civilized world he would have changed his mind about one a the very few things[education] he thought government could handle without destroyng

I think everyone here agrees that quality of education is at a low point 235 years after Jefferson's determination to make it a priority. The problem that no one can find the working solution to, for ALL kids of this generation and the next, is how to assure that we get there and are thereby able to compete in a global economy.

Subsidizing milk production and subsidizing pet rock production are vastly different priorities.

Actually they are identical and so neither should be on welfare.

The people, not bought off liberal fool bureaucrats with other people's money, get to decide what businesses serve them by the purchase decisions they make.

The people, not bought off liberal fool bureaucrats with other people's money, get to decide what businesses serve them by the purchase decisions they make.

Magpie ain't real sharp. She thought Jefferson advocated government funding of education. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Magpie ain't real sharp. She thought Jefferson advocated government funding of education. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I cant say I know much about it although I'm sure it was not a big part of his legacy despite what he said about wanting to be remembered for the University of Virginia. What he did say as I recall was that he did support public education but only for about the top 4% elite. I don't know what he proposed for funding do you??

I cant say I know much about it although I'm sure it was not a big part of his legacy despite what he said about wanting to be remembered for the University of Virginia. What he did say as I recall was that he did support public education but only for about the top 4% elite. I don't know what he proposed for funding do you??

Jefferson was a big advocate of education. He argued that a free peoples by necessity must be an educated people.

"I know no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of Constitutional power."
— Thomas Jefferson

Leftists have perverted this to say that Jefferson advocated government payment for education. Nothing could be further from the truth. Jefferson advocated community schools funded by localities in the form of easement, that is fees on the users.

Forum List

Back