What happened to the compassionate conservative?

Was watching some of the Charlie Rose show on PBS the other night and they had the lone republican leaning independent of MSNBC Joe Scarborough and he brought up that what he misses most and sees missing from todays conservative republicans is the compassion of the Reagan years and sees that as a major hole that needs to be filled and went on to talk about how all he sees is hate out of todays party and I have to agree. Get rid of the hate filled fear mongering propaganda machine that is todays conservative and get back to the true roots of what conservatism is all about and you guys will bounce back. Stop listening to the likes of Rush Limbaugh and Shawn Hannity and think about what conservatism was founded on and you can get some control back.

Conservatism is by its very nature compassionate... which does NOT MEAN THAT WE SUBSIDIZE NEGATIVE BEHAVIOR, THUS FORCING PEOPLE WHO SUBJECT THEMSELVES TO THE NEGATIVE EFFECTS OF SUCH BEHAVIOR TO CONTINUAL CALAMITY...

Many people erroneously feel that such is the case... and we call those people LEFTISTS... even when they prefer "Centrists" or "MODERATES" or "INDEPENDENTS"... and that is because that species of reasoning is a function of LEFT-THINK!

]All [/B]the attempts to silence anyone have come from the left.

Typical CON$ervative revisionism, trying to pass the GOP off as Leftists!!!

I remember the Smothers Brothers crucified LBJ over the War, but he never silenced them. But when Tricky Dickie Nixon was elected he not only got CBS to kick them off the air, he had them blackballed from TV.
More recently the GOP had Alan Keyes arrested when he tried to speak at the 1996 GOP primary debate in which he was a candidate for president.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxqP1O1_K4w[/ame]

ROFLMNAO... I voted for Keyes TWICE... the GOP didn't "HAVE KEYES ARRESTED" dumbass... Keyes was arrested for a breaching the peace.

Was watching some of the Charlie Rose show on PBS the other night and they had the lone republican leaning independent of MSNBC Joe Scarborough and he brought up that what he misses most and sees missing from todays conservative republicans is the compassion of the Reagan years and sees that as a major hole that needs to be filled and went on to talk about how all he sees is hate out of todays party and I have to agree. Get rid of the hate filled fear mongering propaganda machine that is todays conservative and get back to the true roots of what conservatism is all about and you guys will bounce back. Stop listening to the likes of Rush Limbaugh and Shawn Hannity and think about what conservatism was founded on and you can get some control back.

Conservatism is by its very nature compassionate...

Only by the dishonest CON$ervative revisionist definition of an "Act of Compassion."
To CON$ mocking one person's speech patterns to insult another's name is RATIONALIZED as pure compassion.
So in practice CON$ervatism is by its very nature DISHONEST.

April 1, 2008
RUSH: New York governor Mario Cooomo who was on -- where was this? -- The Situation Room. For those of you new to the program, "Rush, it's Cuo-mo." I know that. But a long time ago, I heard the Reverend Jackson pronounce his name "Cooomo." You know, it's not stylish and it's not classy to correct somebody's pronunciation of things, especially when the mistake is made by a man of the cloth and a respected, revered Rev. So if he thinks it's Cooomo, then on this program, it's Cooomo, and that is an act of compassion.

Last edited:

Only by the dishonest CON$ervative revisionist definition of an "Act of Compassion."
To CON$ mocking one person's speech patterns to insult another's name is RATIONALIZED as pure compassion.

April 1, 2008
RUSH: New York governor Mario Cooomo who was on -- where was this? -- The Situation Room. For those of you new to the program, "Rush, it's Cuo-mo." I know that. But a long time ago, I heard the Reverend Jackson pronounce his name "Cooomo." You know, it's not stylish and it's not classy to correct somebody's pronunciation of things, especially when the mistake is made by a man of the cloth and a respected, revered Rev. So if he thinks it's Cooomo, then on this program, it's Cooomo, and that is an act of compassion.

ROFLMNAO... Oh God that's precious... I LOVE IT when Rush does that... funny stuff.

Yeah, there's actually nothing dispassionate about mocking the speech pattern of those who prey upon the stupid.

Much as I mock you and your insipid notions... belittling and berating you for your imbecility. It's a public services of sorts, where I humiliate you and in so doing help others to avoid making the same absurd mistakes that YOU MAKE.

It's not complex in the least sis... it's just well beyond your severely limited intellect.

April 1, 2008

ROFLMNAO... Oh God that's precious... I LOVE IT when Rush does that... funny stuff.

Yeah, there's actually nothing dispassionate about mocking the speech pattern of those who prey upon the stupid.

Much as I mock you and your insipid notions... belittling and berating you for your imbecility. It's a public services of sorts, where I humiliate you and in so doing help others to avoid making the same absurd mistakes that YOU MAKE.

It's not complex in the least sis... it's just well beyond your severely limited intellect.

Elitists can RATIONALIZE anything. LOL

May 1, 2008
RUSH: Elitism has everything to do with attitude, an attitude of superiority, an attitude of being better than everybody else.

April 1, 2008

Your bluster is hilarious...and your attempt at intellectual dialogue is along the lines of Archie Bunkerisms...sorry ma'am, but you're dumber than dogshit

You're a dog chasing his tail...

We have all seen these circus elephants complete with tusks, ivory in their head and thick skins, who move around the circus ring and grab the tail of the elephant ahead of them."
President John F. Kennedy

blogwash. What happened is that we kept hearing Bushitler no matter what we did.
It's still true. Just look at this thread and you'll know why you are a propagandist.

Rush Donates $300,000 for cancer cure - Political Forum

All the attempts to silence anyone have come from the left.

Right, keep living in your little world of your reality. "All" in itself labels the statement void and stupid.

Conservativism too often is by its nature not compassionate. It takes care of itself.

You got two thank yous for this? You people need to check the corners of your mouths for that unsightly dribble of liquid shit you you get from spending too much time with your lips glued to each others assholes.

And you need to take off those blinders you little propagandist prick.
Oh don't tell me. you're another sock puppet for Agnapostate.

Last edited:

Right, keep living in your little world of your reality. "All" in itself labels the statement void and stupid.

Conservativism too often is by its nature not compassionate. It takes care of itself.

No, it rewards positive, healthy, considerate and innovative behavior.

I guess if we're all positive, healthy, considerate and innovative, I guess you're right. We do take care of ourselves.

Would you like a class on the quote feature?[/QUOTE]

Apparently, I need one in the worst way. I always click the "Quote" button. Sometimes it creates a little box and other times it does not.

Is there an additional step that guarentees the little box?

Would you like a class on the quote feature?[/COLOR]

Apparently, I need one in the worst way. I always click the "Quote" button. Sometimes it creates a little box and other times it does not.

Is there an additional step that guarentees the little box?

What you have to do is leave the html tags at the start and end of any quote.
For instance the quote of you begins
if I were to enclose the end of this sentence it would look like the words after that first parenthesis you see in this paragraph were from you. like this---[/quoet] I misspelled quote on purpose to keep it from being a real tag.

it would look like this

Forum List

Back