What Happened To The Challenge That The NT Is A Fairy Tale?

Cammmpbell

Sep 13, 2011
The new testament says that folks who believe in Jesus will rise from the grave, meet a ghost floating on a cloud, be joined by those still alive who believe, fly off to paradise to live an eternal life of bliss while those who don't believe what they do will roast in a pit. If That Isn't A Fairy Tale I've Never Read One:

Matthew 24:30 ~ And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory~

1 Thessalonians 4:

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

John 3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Luke 16

24 So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

No. It doesn't. your caricature of the scriptures isn't an accurate reflection of them.

The new testament says that folks who believe in Jesus will rise from the grave, meet a ghost floating on a cloud, be joined by those still alive who believe, fly off to paradise to live an eternal life of bliss while those who don't believe what they do will roast in a pit. If That Isn't A Fairy Tale I've Never Read One:

Matthew 24:30 ~ And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory~

1 Thessalonians 4:

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Luke 16

24 So he called to him, 'Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.'

You're one bitter, miserable fuck.

1 Thessalonians 4:

Luke 16

Why are you so afraid of those that believe in God? What happened in your miserable pathetic life that sends you forth with so much anger? Is it that you feel guilty, or it it deeper? Your anger directed against those that believe in God is puzzling, for such a knowledgeable and enlightened person as yourself should not be troubled and concerned with the presence of those that believe.

1 Thessalonians 4:

Luke 16

Why are you so afraid of those that believe in God? What happened in your miserable pathetic life that sends you forth with so much anger? Is it that you feel guilty, or it it deeper? Your anger directed against those that believe in God is puzzling, for such a knowledgeable and enlightened person as yourself should not be troubled and concerned with the presence of those that believe.

Anybody who believes that because I don't believe their fairy tale I will burn in a pit of fire and brimstone forever can kiss my Big Orange, Tennessee Volunteer Coon Dawg Ass.

Have you even read the god damned thing? That's what it says, over and over and over ad nauseum.

Last edited:
Have you ever read it because it does not say that. Christ and God's children will be right here on earth, ruling and reigning with an iron rod, for 1,000 years. At the end of that era, you and the rich man that begged Abraham to go back and warn his family that he was wrong, and that the prophets were right, will be judged according to your sin because you chose to believe in yourself and take your chances.
And when sin and the vessels it inhabits are destroyed, Heaven will move into our dimension and peace will guide the planet.
That is what it says Campbell. And you have bet the lives of your family on you being right and it being wrong.

Anybody who believes that because I don't believe their fairy tale I will burn in a pit of fire and brimstone forever can kiss my Big Orange, Tennessee Volunteer Coon Dawg Ass.

Have you even read the god damned thing? That's what it says, over and over and over ad nauseum.

It's when you say things like that you undermine any credibility you might have. When you say the New Testament says things it doesn't say over and over ad nauseum, you expose yourself as a fraud.

Please, read the scriptures. Humble yourself before God and get to know Him. He loves you. Even if you mock Him.

There are 2 billion people on Earth who don't believe it's a fairy tale.
Whether or not it's true is irrelevant.

How do you figure almost a third of the human population believing in a fairy tale isn't tremendously important? Beliefs inform actions, including the bigotry and political action that is so often inspired by biblical doctrine from an unconfirmed source. Faith: belief without evidence. In other words, belief without justification. Dump the fairy tale and come back to reality, so we can all just get along with each other without anymore religiously inspired death and war that is inevitably to come. Before you go to Mau, Pol Pot or Stalin, their action was not inspired by a lack of belief, which is all atheism is. It doesn't even make logical sense to say that action is inspired by a lack of belief. Mau's actions were inspired by the drive to attain power, which is an intrinsically human drive, which when left unchecked, creates the situations we saw with Mau, Pol Pot, and Stalin.

Last edited:
By the way, the theology of the christian bible was succesfully descrbied in the OP. According to christian theology, christ was god incarnate, so god sent himself, and then killed himself, to save his own creation from rules that he created himself, but was somehow powerless to change them, even though he is purportedly omnipotent. His actions, dilineated on the historical timeline in the OT, are characterized by a serious of mistakes with humanity, which contradict his attributes (omniscience, omnipotence) that attest to a perfect being.

Jesus "saves" you from a problem that he, being god, created. That's not saving, that's covering his own ass. And, his sacrifice wasn't a sacrifice at all, when he knew he was going to be in heaven for all of eternity after that, and was in fact, god himself. The whole story is preposterous and makes zero logical sense. It was so obviously the creation of human minds with all of its flaws. An actual perfect being never would have created such an absurd theology.

Last edited:

1 Thessalonians 4:

Luke 16

God loves you whether you believe in Him or not.

Hey If god does not exist, then how can something be God damne!?

Random attacks of christians is not necessary, save it for the Westboro people or those guys that keep claiming that Dinosaurs were pets of Moses..

Have you ever read it because it does not say that. Christ and God's children will be right here on earth, ruling and reigning with an iron rod, for 1,000 years. At the end of that era, you and the rich man that begged Abraham to go back and warn his family that he was wrong, and that the prophets were right, will be judged according to your sin because you chose to believe in yourself and take your chances.
And when sin and the vessels it inhabits are destroyed, Heaven will move into our dimension and peace will guide the planet.
That is what it says Campbell. And you have bet the lives of your family on you being right and it being wrong.

LMAO!!! That shit sounds more like a Scientologist than a Christian. You're not a Tom Cruise fan are you?

Yes... I read it over and over and over and one thing is for sure. It was written by ignorant camel herders who thought the earth was flat and believed in witches. How much more do you need?

Last edited:

LMAO!!! That shit sounds more like a Scientologist than a Christian. You're not a Tom Cruise fan are you?

Yes... I read it over and over and over and one thing is for sure. It was written by ignorant camel herders who thought the earth was flat and believed in witches. How much more do you need?

Context man! Context! This is what your dealing with:

circularreasoningchart.jpg

You Nailed It!!

There were at least six recognized historians alive during Jesus time and not the first one of them ever mentioned that he performed miracles. It would be kinda like the NY Times newspaper never mentioning Mickey Mantel, Babe Ruth or Roger Maris.

You Nailed It!!

There were at least six recognized historians alive during Jesus time and not the first one of them ever mentioned that he performed miracles. It would be kinda like the NY Times newspaper never mentioning Mickey Mantel, Babe Ruth or Roger Maris.

Well the few that were alive only mentioned what they heard not what they saw...Josephus 18:3:3 a forgery, Tacitus 15:44 only writing what he heard not what he saw. For a man to be so well known and famous not a soul knew jack about him outside the Bible.....of course there were jesus alive at the time a common name but not a single one with the christian MO.

You Nailed It!!

Well the few that were alive only mentioned what they heard not what they saw...Josephus 18:3:3 a forgery, Tacitus 15:44 only writing what he heard not what he saw. For a man to be so well known and famous not a soul knew jack about him outside the Bible.....of course there were jesus alive at the time a common name but not a single one with the christian MO.

Oh Right On!

Moses was credited with writing five books in the old testament but nearly all of it is written in third person. Who was that masked man who was there and watched ol' Gawd deliver the ten commandments and saw the burning bush? I've read the whole thing and brother he really got around.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back