What happened to the ammo?

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
My friend came over the other day, he wanted to use my computer to look for some ammo for his new gun....they had almost none. I started to check other sites, where has all the ammo gone? What good are guns if you can't get the ammo? Is this the new way to remove our guns? By not letting us buy ammo? Where has it all gone? Did they quit making it? Or did everybody just have a run on it?

Notice that the ones that are out of stock are the ones that most Americans use, like 38 special
357 magnum and 9 millimeter.

My friend came over the other day, he wanted to use my computer to look for some ammo for his new gun....they had almost none. I started to check other sites, where has all the ammo gone? What good are guns if you can't get the ammo? Is this the new way to remove our guns? By not letting us buy ammo? Where has it all gone? Did they quit making it? Or did everybody just have a run on it?

Why blame anyone but gun owners themselves? They're the ones that have been buying out stocks in the panicked belief that their rights are about to be taken away.

It's mostly a run on ammo.

I am on a waiting list to be e-mailed when some stock comes in. In addition, when I see some ammo come into my local gun store, I'll buy as much as I can afford.

Anyone who doesn't understand that the end game for obama and the Democrats is to disarm society is a fool.

Why blame anyone but gun owners themselves? They're the ones that have been buying out stocks in the panicked belief that their rights are about to be taken away.

My friend is a gun owner, he apparently doesn't have a stock of ammo and is trying to buy some for his new gun. Why is it ammo is in such short supply? If the people are buying it up, why aren't they making more? I know the government is buying it up. Why? And why isn't more available?

My friend is a gun owner, he apparently doesn't have a stock of ammo and is trying to buy some for his new gun. Why is it ammo is in such short supply? If the people are buying it up, why aren't they making more? I know the government is buying it up. Why? And why isn't more available?

As much as I hate to say this, I believe that it's possible that the ammo manufacturers are keeping production low in order to raise prices.

As much as I hate to say this, I believe that it's possible that the ammo manufacturers are keeping production low in order to raise prices.

Now that I believe. Nothing greedier than capitalism.

I think everyones buying it up.

Hysteria. I cant wait until its over.

Notice that the ones that are out of stock are the ones that most Americans use, like 38 special
357 magnum and 9 millimeter.

I just bought an 1873 Winchester clone in 44/40. No ready made ammo, no reloading components, no dies. No .45 ACP, .40S&W or the ones you mentioned plus others. Plenty of powder though.

I've cut back on target practice...have a new Ruger .45..bought months ago..haven't fired it yet.

The morons who believe all the OMG! OBAMA IS COMING TO GET OUR GUNS! nonsense are buying it up as fast as it comes in, at ridiculous prices. It's a classic example of mass hysteria based upon unfounded rumors.

Be patient. As soon as they finally realize it's not gonna happen, they'll be trying to unload a bunch of it.

(See post #5)

Last edited:
It's mostly a run on ammo.

I am on a waiting list to be e-mailed when some stock comes in. In addition, when I see some ammo come into my local gun store, I'll buy as much as I can afford.

Anyone who doesn't understand that the end game for obama and the Democrats is to disarm society is a fool.

Yea a don't forget those black helicopters overhead :tinfoil:

Forum List

Back