What Happened to the ACORN Investigation?

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Funny, how this ACORN thing comes up each election from the right and then what happens?

Just wondering.

Funny, how this ACORN thing comes up each election from the right and then what happens?

Just wondering.

One would hope they are going forward, whatever your political view. Fraud is nothing to brush off regarding voting.

Just wondering.
We won't hear anything about it until the next election. But that Republican group out west that actually committed a crime, hopefully they will be jailed.

I'm guessing Mickey Mouse didn't show up to vote, so really, what is there to investigate?

I'm guessing Mickey Mouse didn't show up to vote, so really, what is there to investigate?

So cavalier, I'm sure if the republicans were the ones being investigated, you wouldn't stop shrieking until they were all found guilty. I better stop now before you send your winged monkeys after me.

Or ACORN didn't break any law but this was used again as one of those soundbites.

If they are found guilty, they should be punished. If this is one of those sound bites to scare people, screw the soundbiters.

Speaking of Obama stopping any investigation, can we say Bushed and all the crap that has been slid under rug under his watch?:eusa_whistle:

So cavalier, I'm sure if the republicans were the ones being investigated, you wouldn't stop shrieking until they were all found guilty. I better stop now before you send your winged monkeys after me.

Actually, the repubs should have been investigated for far more than getting mickey mouse to register to vote, but they haven't been. That said, these same allegations do get raised every election season. Yet, the truth is that what does happen is people get lazy andf write down names so they get paid or bring in their quota of registrants. The fake names get Flagged BEFORE the registrations are sent to the boards of election because ACORN is not permitted to remove names themselves. The people with the fake names don't show up to vote. That is FACT... because no such people exist. It's actually a red herring.

On the other hand, the real voter fraud issues which DO exist are those concerning lawfully registered voters having been culled from the voter registration lists through claims like "their names sound like a felon's (FL 2000]; or that the registrations were sent in on the wrong weight paper (OH 2004); or got eaten by the black box. The latter problems appear to have been largely obviated this time around BECAUSE of the diligence of the campaigns and the large electoral win.

Thank you Jillian.

That was my point. A few mickey mouses don't get to vote, but McCain said that "it threatened the very fabric of our democracy."

That is the same bull crap every election to scare the undecided and the great unread.

The real crimes are done at higher levels by government officials trying to decrease the number of voters.

Florida election officials used a flawed method to come up with a listing of people believed to be convicted felons, a list that they are recommending be used to purge voter registration rolls, state officials acknowledged yesterday. As a result, voters identifying themselves as Hispanic are almost completely absent from that list.

Of nearly 48,000 Florida residents on the felon list, only 61 are Hispanic. By contrast, more than 22,000 are African-American.

About 8 percent of Florida voters describe themselves as Hispanic, and about 11 percent as black.

In a presidential-election battleground state that decided the 2000 race by giving George W. Bush a margin of only 537 votes, the effect could be significant: black voters are overwhelmingly Democratic, while Hispanics in Florida tend to vote Republican.

Elections officials of Florida's Republican administration denied any partisan motive in use of the method they adopted, and noted that it had been approved as part of a settlement of a civil rights lawsuit.

''This was absolutely unintentional,'' said Nicole de Lara, spokeswoman for the Florida secretary of state, Glenda E. Hood, an appointee of Gov. Jeb Bush, the president's brother. ''The matching criteria were approved by several interested parties in the lawsuit, and the court. I don't know how it got by all those people without anyone noticing.

This was done after Jeb was told that the methodology that would be used would produce false negatives.

Voter suppresion is much more of a problem then voter fraud..

funny, I don't recall shrieking about the voter suppression efforts by the GOP.

You're problem is that ACORN is a red herring pulled out by the GOP every election year to try to instill fear into the voters of America and nothing is ever proven other than there are some lazy ass fucks who get hired to register people.

Voter registration fraud doesn't effect the election outcome, voter fraud does. IF it had been proven that fraudulent votes were cast based on those fraudulent registrations I'd be screaming as loud as anyone about prosecution.

I have no stomach for cheaters.

That's the point.

There was no effect on the election of a few people trying to make there numbers at ACORN.

There was no voter fraud because no one would risk jail time to vote.

It was a bogus issue created by Republicans to make Obama look bad.

ACORN's big crime, as I see it, is taking poor black people to register to vote, and as luck would have it, as Democrats. That got ACORN in the gunsights of the Rove-Republicans When ACORN discovered some of the workers they hired were submitting phony registrations to be paid for work they didn't do, ACORN fired them and reported their misdeeds. But the Rove-Republicans turned that around and accused ACORN of fraud, despite ACORN having been the victim of petty fraud and having policed their own operation.
The GOP's campaign to discredit ACORN would have been kind of silly if it had stopped there, but it didn't. Catholic Charities, the funding and activist organization that helps worthy causes, got twitchy about the constant drumbeat of publicity generated by the Republican smear machine against ACORN and repeated by the right-wing echo chambers of Fox News and the Washington Times. So Catholic Charities canceled a large grant to ACORN. The result was that the Rove-Republicans achieved one of their goals, they hurt an organization that does a lot of good for poor people by fighting predatory lending practices, by providing legal representation for ghetto dwellers, and -- oh yeah -- by registering poor people to vote, coincidentally many of them registering as Democrats.
Chaulk one up for the Bush-Rove smear machine.

Just wondering.

It got swept under the rug by folks like you. Any more brilliant questions you think work for you?

Here's a hint: When you try to sling shit, don't throw it INTO the wind. It ends up all over YOUR face.

funny, I don't recall shrieking about the voter suppression efforts by the GOP.

You're problem is that ACORN is a red herring pulled out by the GOP every election year to try to instill fear into the voters of America and nothing is ever proven other than there are some lazy ass fucks who get hired to register people.

Voter registration fraud doesn't effect the election outcome, voter fraud does. IF it had been proven that fraudulent votes were cast based on those fraudulent registrations I'd be screaming as loud as anyone about prosecution.

I have no stomach for cheaters.

So under your "logic," someone could hold up a bank, but because the bank says that they have no money, the people that held up the bank did no wrong.

Let the FBI do it's job.

ACORN's big crime, as I see it, is taking poor black people to register to vote, and as luck would have it, as Democrats. That got ACORN in the gunsights of the Rove-Republicans When ACORN discovered some of the workers they hired were submitting phony registrations to be paid for work they didn't do, ACORN fired them and reported their misdeeds. But the Rove-Republicans turned that around and accused ACORN of fraud, despite ACORN having been the victim of petty fraud and having policed their own operation.
The GOP's campaign to discredit ACORN would have been kind of silly if it had stopped there, but it didn't. Catholic Charities, the funding and activist organization that helps worthy causes, got twitchy about the constant drumbeat of publicity generated by the Republican smear machine against ACORN and repeated by the right-wing echo chambers of Fox News and the Washington Times. So Catholic Charities canceled a large grant to ACORN. The result was that the Rove-Republicans achieved one of their goals, they hurt an organization that does a lot of good for poor people by fighting predatory lending practices, by providing legal representation for ghetto dwellers, and -- oh yeah -- by registering poor people to vote, coincidentally many of them registering as Democrats.
Chaulk one up for the Bush-Rove smear machine.

You have so much to learn...

In the name of fairness to minorities, community organizers occupy private offices, chant inside bank lobbies, and confront executives at their homes - and thereby force financial institutions to direct hundreds of millions of dollars in mortgages to low-credit customers.

In other words, community organizers help to undermine the US economy by pushing the banking system into a sinkhole of bad loans. And Obama has spent years training and funding the organizers who do it.

THE seeds of today's financial meltdown lie in the Commu nity Reinvestment Act - a law passed in 1977 and made riskier by unwise amendments and regulatory rulings in later decades.

CRA was meant to encourage banks to make loans to high-risk borrowers, often minorities living in unstable neighborhoods. That has provided an opening to radical groups like ACORN (the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now) to abuse the law by forcing banks to make hundreds of millions of dollars in "subprime" loans to often uncreditworthy poor and minority customers.

Any bank that wants to expand or merge with another has to show it has complied with CRA - and approval can be held up by complaints filed by groups like ACORN.

In fact, intimidation tactics, public charges of racism and threats to use CRA to block business expansion have enabled ACORN to extract hundreds of millions of dollars in loans and contributions from America's financial institutions.

O'S DANGEROUS PALS - New York Post

Boy, ACORN did a whole lot of good in their communities. Let's lay the blame where it belongs. Mr. Magoo you need a new pair of spectacles instead of having other people read the news to you.

So under your "logic," someone could hold up a bank, but because the bank says that they have no money, the people that held up the bank did no wrong.

Let the FBI do it's job.
they still dont understand the confusion it caused to the election workers
and likely why so many had to wait in line so long
which they blame on the republicans
so, what we have is a group caused a disruption in the process, they support that group, yet blame the resulting confusion on republicans

Forum List

Back