What happened to Super Freddy?

Actually, he's a very good actor. Ask his banker. He also happens to be the best candidate the GOP has out there, and definitely better than anything the Dems are offering.

Is it because you don't see any Dem offering anything that you would LIKE to see them offer, or is it becuase they're just democrats, and you would NEVER like anything they offered anyway?

Is it because you don't see any Dem offering anything that you would LIKE to see them offer, or is it becuase they're just democrats, and you would NEVER like anything they offered anyway?

History 101: The only political party Gunny ever belonged to was the Democrat Party.

There are some Democrats I actually would consider voting for; although, I would definitely have to do a little more research. I have not because they aren't being offered.

I think Biden is running a distant 4th, and I actually would give him a look.

To add to the above, I would look at a libertarian if the party would get the hell away from its kooks.

Actually, he's a very good actor. Ask his banker. He also happens to be the best candidate the GOP has out there, and definitely better than anything the Dems are offering.

Gunny, the guy has as much chance of winning the GOP nomination as I do, which is .00000001%. So forget about your actor hero.

It looks like Rudy and Huck will be the front runners when the primaries begin.

BUT, Rudy is too socially liberal for most republicans and Huck has lots of skeletons in his closet. Although there are many characteristics about him that I find appealing.

If you truly want the GOP to win the WH back, you better pray that the Neos don't decide to run their own candidate. If they do, another Clinton will win just as Bill did his first term because of Ross Perot.

That my friend is the story.

To add to the above, I would look at a libertarian if the party would get the hell away from its kooks.

Yeah but you don't understand. That flies in the face of the very philosophy of Libertarianism. It's about your RIGHT to be a "kook". If you aren't defending that right, you can't call yourself a Libertarian. Your definition of kook, and who you consider a kook, is not universal. Matter of fact, as far as Libertarianism goes, having a set definition of who and what is kooky, and what behavior should be acceptible sounds more like Fascism to me.

I agree with you 100% on this GunnyL! But I am thinking that he has been lagging in some ways in his campaign. He is my #1 pick, hope he can get things going here soon.

Yeah but you don't understand. That flies in the face of the very philosophy of Libertarianism. It's about your RIGHT to be a "kook". If you aren't defending that right, you can't call yourself a Libertarian. Your definition of kook, and who you consider a kook, is not universal. Matter of fact, as far as Libertarianism goes, having a set definition of who and what is kooky, and what behavior should be acceptible sounds more like Fascism to me.

Seriously dude, for all your 'free thinking' you sure are telling people what they can and can't call themselves, post, etc. I can identify political affiliation based on whatever criteria I choose. I can say I'm a libertarian and vote Republican, hell I can vote Green or Democrat or Communist.

Seriously dude, for all your 'free thinking' you sure are telling people what they can and can't call themselves, post, etc. I can identify political affiliation based on whatever criteria I choose. I can say I'm a libertarian and vote Republican, hell I can vote Green or Democrat or Communist.

AMEN! I don't have to prove that he isn't a real republican either! Again,..I like some of his views, but to pull out of Iraq when WINNING would just be another Vietnam,...yes,..we were winning that one too!

I agree with you 100% on this GunnyL! But I am thinking that he has been lagging in some ways in his campaign. He is my #1 pick, hope he can get things going here soon.

The guy is going nowhere! Understand it now and save a lot of embarassment down the road.

Fred is Dead!

Just because libertarians support one's right to be a kook (although that's a novel definition of libertarianism), it doesn't mean a kook should run things. That's kind of letting the inmates run the asylum.

If that's what you think a third party candidate is, we don't ever have to worry about a third-party actually winning the presidency... which is a pity, btw.

I dunno.. I liked Fred on Law and Order.

Im not sure that he makes a competitive republican candidate but hey... if he's who they want to nominate then more power to em.

That one doesn't take a crystal ball. He said nothing, did nothing, went no where. Sound and fury signifying nothing.

Oh I don't know jillian, our leaders ARE a reflection of us. The sound, and fury you heard from him, was what some Americans were passing to him.

Though he may of been disconnected from mainstream USA, there were some, that praised his stand, and they can be quite vocal.;)

Fred is gone. He has no personality. He his little organiztion. He is running out of money.

You better chose someone else to carry your banner. Huck may be your best bet.

Fred is gone. He has no personality. He his little organiztion. He is running out of money.

You better chose someone else to carry your banner. Huck may be your best bet.

Personality? .....Sorry Buddy, but Fred is not running for Miss America! Running out of money,..please,..support your statement?

Gunny, the guy has as much chance of winning the GOP nomination as I do, which is .00000001%. So forget about your actor hero.

It looks like Rudy and Huck will be the front runners when the primaries begin.

BUT, Rudy is too socially liberal for most republicans and Huck has lots of skeletons in his closet. Although there are many characteristics about him that I find appealing.

If you truly want the GOP to win the WH back, you better pray that the Neos don't decide to run their own candidate. If they do, another Clinton will win just as Bill did his first term because of Ross Perot.

That my friend is the story.

I don't recall addressing Thompson's chances of winning, nor stating he was any "hero" of mine.

It is my opinion that he is the best candidate the GOP has to offer because he is the only candidate that can appeal to conservative voters across the board. The rest of the candidates alienate segments of conservative voters; which, will have EXACTLY the effect Ross Perot had on the election.

So, "my friend," in closing, you did a nice job of responding to the words YOU put in my mouth but absolutely nothing to respond to what I posted.

Well, then I would say don't plan on getting MY vote until my definition of "kooks" aren't driving your train. I like to see some moderation and common sense, not extremism from ANY of the political parties. That includes the Libertarian party.

Forum List

Back