What happened to Super Freddy?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JimH52, Dec 21, 2007.

1. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,188
  2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Actually, he's a very good actor. Ask his banker. He also happens to be the best candidate the GOP has out there, and definitely better than anything the Dems are offering.

3. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,358
    Is it because you don't see any Dem offering anything that you would LIKE to see them offer, or is it becuase they're just democrats, and you would NEVER like anything they offered anyway?

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    History 101: The only political party Gunny ever belonged to was the Democrat Party.

There are some Democrats I actually would consider voting for; although, I would definitely have to do a little more research. I have not because they aren't being offered.

I think Biden is running a distant 4th, and I actually would give him a look.

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    To add to the above, I would look at a libertarian if the party would get the hell away from its kooks.

6. JimH52

JimH52 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,188
    Gunny, the guy has as much chance of winning the GOP nomination as I do, which is .00000001%. So forget about your actor hero.

It looks like Rudy and Huck will be the front runners when the primaries begin.

BUT, Rudy is too socially liberal for most republicans and Huck has lots of skeletons in his closet. Although there are many characteristics about him that I find appealing.

If you truly want the GOP to win the WH back, you better pray that the Neos don't decide to run their own candidate. If they do, another Clinton will win just as Bill did his first term because of Ross Perot.

That my friend is the story.

7. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,358
    Yeah but you don't understand. That flies in the face of the very philosophy of Libertarianism. It's about your RIGHT to be a "kook". If you aren't defending that right, you can't call yourself a Libertarian. Your definition of kook, and who you consider a kook, is not universal. Matter of fact, as far as Libertarianism goes, having a set definition of who and what is kooky, and what behavior should be acceptible sounds more like Fascism to me.

8. Detmurds

Detmurds VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31

I agree with you 100% on this GunnyL! But I am thinking that he has been lagging in some ways in his campaign. He is my #1 pick, hope he can get things going here soon.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Seriously dude, for all your 'free thinking' you sure are telling people what they can and can't call themselves, post, etc. I can identify political affiliation based on whatever criteria I choose. I can say I'm a libertarian and vote Republican, hell I can vote Green or Democrat or Communist.

10. Detmurds

Detmurds VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31

AMEN! I don't have to prove that he isn't a real republican either! Again,..I like some of his views, but to pull out of Iraq when WINNING would just be another Vietnam,...yes,..we were winning that one too!