What happened to "preaching the word"?

uptownlivin90

Rebelious Youngin
Oct 16, 2009
Maryland
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WROWYP7uYf0]YouTube - [Breaking News] - Pastor Cancels Quran Burning Event - Reports[/ame]

Seriously how does burning Korans bring people to Yeshua?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah1sx_93EoE]YouTube - Hagee - False Teaching on Messiah[/ame]

So if Yeshua (Jesus Christ) is not the MESSIAH, who is? This prophet that the evangelical church follows now is preaching an anti-christ message.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM3BWAmlXis]YouTube - "Pay Tithes or get SHOT!"--Creflo Dollar[/ame]

Self-explanitory.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3NG_ExedEw&feature=related]YouTube - You Call This the Gospel?[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7Ix-H3ic-0]YouTube - Paula White radio excerpt - Talks About Divorce audio only[/ame]

Why does the church have high profile divorces?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0asvFv3VmM]YouTube - Prophetess Juanita Bynum Attack / Assault, Paula White Divor[/ame]

WHY IS THIS MAN STILL PREACHING?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94EnKUJQHI4]YouTube - Ted Haggard Admits Everything to Oprah[/ame]

REALLY THOUGH?!!:lol::lol:

What happened to the days of AA Allen and the Tent Revival preachers, the fire and brimestone Holiness preachers with standards and convictions? The type of church that made you feel bad about EVERY SINGLE THING YOU DID, but it made you better and closer to God because you feared and respected him?

Why on Earth do all these preachers seem to want to be seen on the news or on a reality show rather then do their jobs?

Those preachers and those churches still exist and make up the majority of conservative churches. But they NEVER get any coverage. The media wants people to believe all Christians are firebrand zealot lunatics, and so that's all they will cover.

Also, remember that the bible tells us that true believers stand out from others; that they are subject to persecution and ridicule, that they will be called idiots and trouble makers.

Contrary to popular belief, Christianity is not about meekly standing by. I'm not sure how I feel about pastors who burn korans, but the idea that Christians are supposed to lay low and go with the flow in order to bring more people to God is a flawed theory. While in some ways we're supposed to....we're not supposed to be rude and obnoxious about other faiths (which probably precludes koran burning) because that won't bring people to God....but at the same time, we're supposed to stand apart from other people and be open about our beliefs, regardless of negative press, so to speak.

C'mon, the pastor says he'll do something then backs down? What a fucking weenie. Burning korans shows that Jesus is a tough motherfucker and should NOT be messed with.

What happened to the days of AA Allen and the Tent Revival preachers, the fire and brimestone Holiness preachers with standards and convictions? The type of church that made you feel bad about EVERY SINGLE THING YOU DID, but it made you better and closer to God because you feared and respected him?

Why on Earth do all these preachers seem to want to be seen on the news or on a reality show rather then do their jobs?

Why don't you ask them? Not me, them. Not the media. them.

Also, remember that the bible tells us that true believers stand out from others; that they are subject to persecution and ridicule, that they will be called idiots and trouble makers.

Contrary to popular belief, Christianity is not about meekly standing by. I'm not sure how I feel about pastors who burn korans, but the idea that Christians are supposed to lay low and go with the flow in order to bring more people to God is a flawed theory. While in some ways we're supposed to....we're not supposed to be rude and obnoxious about other faiths (which probably precludes koran burning) because that won't bring people to God....but at the same time, we're supposed to stand apart from other people and be open about our beliefs, regardless of negative press, so to speak.

Nobody is talking about laying down and not being open about our beliefs. I consider myself a staunch fundementalist the way I interpret the scripture.

I'm talking about the movement within christianity that wants to be seen, the media whores. The ones that will say ANYTHING to get attention. Send me 500 dollars, call this 1-800 number and God will send you a ten thousand dollar check in the mail type preachers.

And your right, true Christianity is largely not seen in the media. I grew up in an old school holiness pentecostal church in the backwoods of Mississippi. When the preacher got on the pulpit he preached salvation, he didn't pull stunts like International Koran Burning Day to get publicity. He preached on how to live by a way that pleases God, not on how to get rich.

It happens every day. And I hope all Converted Christians participate in sharing the good news with their neighbors.

Nobody is talking about laying down and not being open about our beliefs. I consider myself a staunch fundementalist the way I interpret the scripture.

I'm talking about the movement within christianity that wants to be seen, the media whores. The ones that will say ANYTHING to get attention. Send me 500 dollars, call this 1-800 number and God will send you a ten thousand dollar check in the mail type preachers.

And your right, true Christianity is largely not seen in the media. I grew up in an old school holiness pentecostal church in the backwoods of Mississippi. When the preacher got on the pulpit he preached salvation, he didn't pull stunts like International Koran Burning Day to get publicity. He preached on how to live by a way that pleases God, not on how to get rich.

I think that "movement" is largely a creation of the media.

It happens every day. And I hope all Converted Christians participate in sharing the good news with their neighbors.

All good christians support Israel so they can rebuild their temple and jesus can come back to life.

1) Jesus came back to life 1976 years ago.
2) They can't rebuild a temple with the land being currently occupied.

All good christians support Israel so they can rebuild their temple and jesus can come back to life.

You know what I mean asswipe, his second coming, you idiot.

And I believe you have the honor of being the first person, ever, to call Avatar an asswipe.

You know what I mean asswipe, his second coming, you idiot.

Then you should write like you know what your talking about instead of like you are in elementry school.

And I believe you have the honor of being the first person, ever, to call Avatar an asswipe.

It's possible. I don't know. Definitely not one I hear often.

Ive always been mildly amused when people think swearing at others should somehow make them feel bad. I mean they cant form a coherent argument, but Im supposed to get upset over a swear word. Crazy.

I've been thinking a lot about how much I swear on here. I enjoy doing it, and it's fun to think up new ways of doing it...

But then I think that the site would be better served and more often referenced if we didn't swear so much. So I'm going to work on it, since I'm a primary offender.

YouTube - [Breaking News] - Pastor Cancels Quran Burning Event - Reports

Seriously how does burning Korans bring people to Yeshua?

YouTube - Hagee - False Teaching on Messiah

So if Yeshua (Jesus Christ) is not the MESSIAH, who is? This prophet that the evangelical church follows now is preaching an anti-christ message.

YouTube - "Pay Tithes or get SHOT!"--Creflo Dollar

Self-explanitory.

YouTube - You Call This the Gospel?

YouTube - Paula White radio excerpt - Talks About Divorce audio only

Why does the church have high profile divorces?

YouTube - Prophetess Juanita Bynum Attack / Assault, Paula White Divor

WHY IS THIS MAN STILL PREACHING?

YouTube - Ted Haggard Admits Everything to Oprah

REALLY THOUGH?!!:lol::lol:

You forgot one on that list. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH5ixmT83JE]YouTube - Jeremiah Wright - God Damn America - Obama's Spiritual Mentor / Pastor[/ame]

Forum List

Back