what happened to kid counting?

:eek:

that is just to sad for words. I agree with you bones.... all they had to do was count them as they left the van.. and when they walked in the door.

we learned the hard way...we had one wee one escape...he got left in the pool house....so he piled all the artificial legs in a big pile...and removed all the stickers....it only took him a few minutes to do this...it took days to sort out...and parents were so friendly when they picked up their kid and the kid had the wrong damned leg ...i laugh now...at the time....o at the time..

we learned the hard way...we had one wee one escape...he got left in the pool house....so he piled all the artificial legs in a big pile...and removed all the stickers....it only took him a few minutes to do this...it took days to sort out...and parents were so friendly when they picked up their kid and the kid had the wrong damned leg ...i laugh now...at the time....o at the time..

i was a swimming instructor when i was young.... and you freaking counted heads like mad all the time.

we use to touch them ....on the shoulder as we counted....we counted as we left any building......as we crossed a street...as we got on the bus...off the bus....we counted as they went by...as we went by....i swear i bet those kids wondered why the hell we counted all the time and aloud....sure working with handicapped kids....made you more alert but damn...how hard is counting them on the bus and off the bus....and we would clear the bus then the driver would clear the bus....we had double guards for everything...and we were all volunteers

we use to touch them ....on the shoulder as we counted....we counted as we left any building......as we crossed a street...as we got on the bus...off the bus....we counted as they went by...as we went by....i swear i bet those kids wondered why the hell we counted all the time and aloud....sure working with handicapped kids....made you more alert but damn...how hard is counting them on the bus and off the bus....and we would clear the bus then the driver would clear the bus....we had double guards for everything...and we were all volunteers

I am with ya bones.... this death was so preventable and so very sad.

it just makes ya wonder.....when care givers cant manage simple things

It like the stuffed animal people are using as a visual.... to make sure they don't forget the kid in the seat!

Every year we have a story on the news of some poor parent forgetting their kid in the car and it dies. I cant even imagine living with the guilt of that.

I would lay good money that the person who was supposed to be doing the counting was some young kid there for a summer job.

Its not the first time that has happened. The adult in charge might be regretful, but they should face charges for being so stupidly neglectful.

Forum List

Back