What happened to good old Republican values?

bush lover

Feb 18, 2005
It saddens me to see so-called Republicans in other threads defending government excess, invasion of privacy, massive deficit spending, pork-barrel projects and curtailment of our individual rights, all in the name of "freedom." My gosh, what a twisted perversion of the word "freedom." Whatever happened to our good old fashioned Republican values? Small government, leave people alone, right to privacy (i.e., no massive data bases on regular people), balanced budget, pay down our debts, respect for the individuals and their rights, frugal spending of taxpayers' funds. How in the world can some of these alleged Republicans defend any of the unbridled spending bills Congress has passed? Real Republicans need to take back the party for the individual people and their right to freedom. Our party and government should not be the personal piggy bank for fatcats, period. The GOP will see a grass-roots revolution for control. The government's role is simple: Provide national security and then leave us alone. We can manage by ourselves, thank you very much.

bush lover said:
It saddens me to see so-called Republicans in other threads defending government excess, invasion of privacy, massive deficit spending, pork-barrel projects and curtailment of our individual rights, all in the name of "freedom." My gosh, what a twisted perversion of the word "freedom." Whatever happened to our good old fashioned Republican values? Small government, leave people alone, right to privacy (i.e., no massive data bases on regular people), balanced budget, pay down our debts, respect for the individuals and their rights, frugal spending of taxpayers' funds. How in the world can some of these alleged Republicans defend any of the unbridled spending bills Congress has passed? Real Republicans need to take back the party for the individual people and their right to freedom. Our party and government should not be the personal piggy bank for fatcats, period. The GOP will see a grass-roots revolution for control. The government's role is simple: Provide national security and then leave us alone. We can manage by ourselves, thank you very much.

The ACLU and their ilk, taking it too far in the other direction; that's what happened. You can look all over this board for great examples of that.

Abbey Normal said:
The ACLU and their ilk, taking it too far in the other direction; that's what happened. You can look all over this board for great examples of that.

Bravo! Exactly!

The middle changes when things swing too far to one side.

bush lover said:

I would be more "saddened" by the reality that govt. spending is out of control than I would be about a few idiots on the message board defending it because they'll agree with anything that their party agrees with.

Let me get a few things clear. I don't care for the ACLU. But to blame them for govt. spending when we have a republican president and congress is to identify yourself as a fucking idiot. What kind of tortured logic does it to take to blame the ACLU for out of control govt. spending?

The sooner people realize that the republican party is no longer about less govt. the better. Conservatives and republicans are no longer the same thing.

Forum List

Back