What happened before the Big Bang?

The Illusion

Energist
Jul 22, 2009
Hades
Reality didn't come from anywhere--it just is --always has been and always will be

So do you believe that the universe is continually expanding and always has been expanding - even before the big bang?

I tend to think of the baby blister universe theory where universes just blister out into baby universes..the theory is quite interesting if you have a chance to look into it.

Jamie

There is no "before" the Big Bang. Space-time originated when the Big Bang occurred.

There is no "before" the Big Bang. Space-time originated when the Big Bang occurred.

when i was 12 or so, i lay down on my bed and tried to visualize what was before the judeo christian god( the only system i was aware of at the time) obviously, that didn't work too well.

i am slightly older now, and yet have almost the same issue with the big bang and there being nothing prior to it.

we cannot get past the big bang using physics, because oiur physics apply to our universe only, and we have no way of knowing differently. there needed to be something prior to the big bang for that happy event to have happened. i do think time existed prior to the big bang, if only for (and here is where i open a small can of worms) a "moment" because time is change, or the register of change, and there needed to be a change for the big bang to occur.if we are to assume there existed a super super dense singularity that was stable, then there had to be a change to destabalize it. if it were unstable from the moment it reach, for lack of a better term, critical mass, then it had to have changed again for there needed to be some force acting on the mass to compact it into an unstable singularity.

Forum List

Back