CDZ What gun should armed school staff use? One for all, or several depending on individuals?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Once we get past the idea that democrat created gun free zones are just dumb, and that armed staff are a viable option to keep our kids safe...what would be the best pistol for the Teachers/staff to carry.

Obviously, it would have to be concealable.....and since we are looking at deterrence rather than sustained gun fighting ability, it could be a small revolver or semi auto pistol...

The new Smith and Wesson M&P .380 EZ pistol is a little large...but it has little recoil so it would be easier for someone who isn't a Navy Seal to shoot well if they needed to shoot...

A .38 revolver......5 or 6 shot would be good?

Any ideas?

Once we get past the idea that democrat created gun free zones are just dumb, and that armed staff are a viable option to keep our kids safe...what would be the best pistol for the Teachers/staff to carry.

Obviously, it would have to be concealable.....and since we are looking at deterrence rather than sustained gun fighting ability, it could be a small revolver or semi auto pistol...

The new Smith and Wesson M&P .380 EZ pistol is a little large...but it has little recoil so it would be easier for someone who isn't a Navy Seal to shoot well if they needed to shoot...

Any ideas?
A pump action 12 gauge.

Any ideas?

A Colt, Chief's special .38, or one like it, is easily concealable, reliable, light, and easy to shoot.

Any ideas?
. Make sure it's hammerless.

Depends on the individual........that’s what I’d go with.

There are already various school districts that allow staff to carry. My stipulation would be that the individual should be trained and choose the firearm they would be most comfortable and proficient using. I would also stipulate that whatever choice was made, it would have to be concealed on the carrier's person. That being said, my brother has been teaching for almost 35 years and he told me he would not relish the responsibility of carrying a loaded weapon but would definitely carry a taser. No one I have ever talked to has ever made that suggestion. He told me that tasers are not only non-lethal, they are very efficient at stopping someone. Wielded by a properly trained person, a taser would quite effectively stop a shooter in his tracks.
Again, no where have I ever encountered a suggestion that tasers be entertained as an alternative to firearms in such situtations.

Any ideas?

.38 revolver would be the best choice also train in using a stun gun.

I would also suggest all teachers be trained in using a stun gun and pepper spray along with firearm training.

The left would never agree which mean the teachers union would be against it.

I would also suggest all teachers be trained in using a stun gun and pepper spray along with firearm training.

Teachers need to be taught COMMON SENSE.

Teachers need to be taught COMMON SENSE.

How do you teach someone commonsense when they lack it!?!

Just to clarify, no one is suggesting that all teachers be required to carry weapons of any sort. It seems to me that schools should at least have a few armed individuals available should the need arise. That being said, there should be some precaution against a student attacking a teacher and taking his gun away from him. I don't know if tasers would be effective at longer distances.

I think all the teachers that are not selected to carry a firearem should be required to carry pepper spray....let us remember all the teachers that are simply assaulted in the classroom by one of their students....the teachers themselves need protection and though hopefully things are changing for better since the removal of the obama administration...it will take time to rid classrooms of thugs who have been bussed in and have no interest in getting a education even if they were capable of doing so.

Cell phone video captures student assaulting teacher in Wisconsin classroom

Last edited:

Forum List

Back