What government programs have you benefited from?

Platitudes and strawmen don't answer the question, darlin'.

I mean c'mon....It's a multiple choice test! :lol:

giving the fact his question was above your stupid pictures, and the fact I was quoting him means I don't have to answer your stupid question. You must really like the book Lord of the Flies.
Actually, I hated that piece of crap book.

Even Rand was better at creating cliché heros and thin plot premises.

You still must have picked up something from it, because that is the society you want to live in.

Lord of the Flies was a good book because it didn't take itself as serious as Rand did. To paraphrase from AoD, "Rand was good at jack and shit, and jack left town a long time ago."

giving the fact his question was above your stupid pictures, and the fact I was quoting him means I don't have to answer your stupid question. You must really like the book Lord of the Flies.

The government gets money by taking it away from the people who earned it. Do you understand that ?

Show me one government that has succeeded without collecting taxes?

At least you know who is REALLY paying. The government isn't paying for anything. In fact the governement is stealing from us.

so you didn't go to school.

don't use public roads or transportion.

suck asbestos in at work.

and have lead in your paint.

want to re-think your answer?

Considering the original response, maybe froggy does? :eusa_whistle:

The government gets money by taking it away from the people who earned it. Do you understand that ?

Show me one government that has succeeded without collecting taxes?

At least you know who is REALLY paying. The government isn't paying for anything. In fact the governement is stealing from us.

Move then! I bet in Haiti you don't have to pay high taxes, and they don't have socialized medicine.

You still must have picked up something from it, because that is the society you want to live in.
I read it on a bet, after a friend kept telling me sounded like John Galt.

He lost and I wish for the better part of a week of my life back.

True story.

Move then! I bet in Haiti you don't have to pay high taxes, and they don't have socialized medicine.
You move to Cuba.

They have a 100% literacy rate and the best medicine in the world.
red_herring1.jpg

You truly are foolish if you believe that.

Norman Borlaug - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Norman Borlaug - Biography

When the Rockefeller and Ford Foundations in cooperation with the Mexican government established the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT), an autonomous international research training institute having an international board of trustees and staff, Dr. Borlaug was made director of its International Wheat Improvement Program. In this capacity he has been able to realize more fully a third objective, that of training young scientists in research and production methods. From his earliest days in Mexico he has, to be sure, carried on an intern program, but with the establishment of the Center, he has been able to reach out internationally. In the last seven years some 1940 young scientists from sixteen or so countries (the figures constantly move upward) have studied and worked at the Center.

And why is this man special specifically?

Norman Borlaug: The Man Who Saved More Human Lives Than Any Other Has Died - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

He saved hundreds of millions of lives and even more will be saved in the future due to his work. And who funded him? The Mexican Government along with some foundations.

Take that to the bank.

Norman Borlaug - Biography

When the Rockefeller and Ford Foundations in cooperation with the Mexican government established the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT), an autonomous international research training institute having an international board of trustees and staff, Dr. Borlaug was made director of its International Wheat Improvement Program. In this capacity he has been able to realize more fully a third objective, that of training young scientists in research and production methods. From his earliest days in Mexico he has, to be sure, carried on an intern program, but with the establishment of the Center, he has been able to reach out internationally. In the last seven years some 1940 young scientists from sixteen or so countries (the figures constantly move upward) have studied and worked at the Center.

And why is this man special specifically?

Norman Borlaug: The Man Who Saved More Human Lives Than Any Other Has Died - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

He saved hundreds of millions of lives and even more will be saved in the future due to his work. And who funded him? The Mexican Government along with some foundations.

Take that to the bank.
The flawed premise is that if gubmint didn't fund the research, it never would have been done.

Do yourself a favor and take a course in basic logic next semester.

Huh, would you look at that. It seems Luissa has already pointed out Norman. So we truly are just repeating ourselves in this thread against the illogical "NO THEY DON'T! NO THEY DON'T!"

The worlds famine problem has been helped by government funded research into wheat and other crops.

And you are a complete moron!

Students from around the world come to the Pullman campus to pursue technological advancements and knowledge that can be applied in their home countries to combat hunger and poverty through drought- and disease-resistant crops that deliver big yieldshttp://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/sep/15/borlaugs-amber-legacy/
I will remind you WSU is a state funded college.

Vogel began crossing Norin 10 with other wheats to make new short-strawed varieties. Vogel led the team that developed Gaines, the first of several new varieties that produced 25 percent higher yields than the varieties they replaced. Vogel shared his germplasm with Norman Borlaug, who later received the 1970 Nobel Peace Prize for his role in the “green revolution.” Borlaug publicly acknowledged Vogel’s contributions to his research.
Orville Vogel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vogel did his research at WSU

The flawed premise is that if gubmint didn't fund the research, it never would have been done.

Do yourself a favor and take a course in basic logic next semester.

As usual, you have no clue what you're talking about.

If the Government never funded his education in the first place, he would of never been able to do any of this.

Through a Depression-era program known as the National Youth Administration, he was able to enroll at the University of Minnesota in 1933. Initially, Borlaug failed the entrance exam, but was accepted to the school's newly created two-year General College. After two quarters, he transferred to the College of Agriculture's forestry program

To finance his studies, Borlaug periodically had to put his education on hold and take a job. One of these jobs, in 1935, was as a leader in the Civilian Conservation Corps, working with the unemployed on U.S. federal projects. Many of the people who worked for him were starving. He later recalled, "I saw how food changed them ... All of this left scars on me".[10] From 1935 to 1938, before and after receiving his Bachelor of Science forestry degree in 1937, Borlaug worked for the United States Forestry Service at stations in Massachusetts and Idaho. He spent one summer in the middle fork of Idaho's Salmon River, the most isolated piece of wilderness in the lower 48 states at the time.[10]

All these Government jobs to pay for education.

And who gave him one of his first projects?

Borlaug tried to enlist in the military, but was rejected under wartime labor regulations; his lab was converted to conduct research for the United States armed forces. One of his first projects was to develop glue that could withstand the warm saltwater of the South Pacific. The Imperial Japanese Navy had gained control of the island of Guadalcanal, and patrolled the sky and sea by day. The only way that U.S. forces could supply the troops stranded on the island was by approaching at night by speedboat, and jettisoning boxes of canned food and other supplies into the surf to wash ashore. The problem was that the glue holding these containers together disintegrated in saltwater. Within weeks, Borlaug and his colleagues had developed an adhesive that resisted corrosion, allowing food and supplies to reach the stranded Marines. Other tasks included work with camouflage, canteen disinfectants, DDT to control malaria, and insulation for small electronics

Here's a TIP for YOU DUDE, why don't YOU go to College next semester and take a course on Western History. It seems you obviously need to brush up on yours. Who knows, I may see you on campus. :cool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back