What Got Cut In Compromise "Stimulus"

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
What Got Cut in the Compromise - Mark Hemingway - The Corner on National Review Online

What Got Cut in the Compromise [Mark Hemingway]
After the jump, the list of "cuts" made to the the stimulus bill as part of the grand compromise:

$100 million FSA modernization

$50 million CSERES Research

$65 million Watershed Rehab

$30 million SD Salaries

$100 Distance Learning

$98 million School Nutrition

$50 million aquaculture

$2 billion broadband

$100 million NIST

$100 million NOAA

$100 million Law Enforcement Wireless

$50 million Detention Trustee

$25 million Marshalls Construction

$100 million FBI Construction

$300 million Federal Prisons

$300 million BYRNE Formula

$140 million BYRNE Competitive

$10 million State and Local Law Enforcement

$50 million NASA

$50 million Aeronautics

$50 million Exploration

$50 million Cross Agency Support

$200 million NSF

$100 million Science

$1 billion Energy Loan Guarantees

$4.5 billion GSA

$3.5 billion Federal Bldgs Greening

$89 million GSA Operations

$300 million Fed Hybrid Vehicles

$50 million from DHS

$200 million TSA

$122 million for Coast Guard Cutters, modifies use

$25 million Fish and Wildlife

$55 million Historic Preservation

$20 million working capital fund

$200 million Superfund

$165 million Forest Svc Capital Improvement $90 million State & Private Wildlife Fire Management

$75 million Smithsonian

$1 billion Head Start/Early Start

$5.8 billion Health Prevention Activity.

$2 billion HIT Grants

$600 million Title I (NCLB)

$16 billion School Construction

$3.5 billion Higher Ed Construction (Eliminated)

$1.25 billion project based rental

$2.25 Neighborhood Stabilization (Eliminate)

$1.2 billion in Retrofiting Project 8 Housing $40 billion State Fiscal
Stabilization

$7.5 billion of State Incentive Grants

How much does all that come too?

Not all of that is pork, but why am I not surprised to see something for the FBI being cut out.

Dubya and Republicans weren't always so keen on funding the FBI with the level it should be on.

I hope they restore those cuys in negoiations with the House. Cutting science, education, law enforcement and many other things that make American lidfe safer, more enjoyable and beautiful

Clinton is the one who underfunded the FBI more severly.

Clinton did underfund the FBI, but if you're going to go so low as to say "who screwed up more" then you're desperate in a partisan battle.

I'm willing to say Clinton fucked up, not so sure about how many Republicans are willing to say Bush fucked up. Especially since the FBI was underfunded DURING WAR TIME UNDER BUSH, Clinton had nowhere anything that 9/11/Afghanistan/Iraq was.

I hope they restore those cuys in negoiations with the House. Cutting science, education, law enforcement and many other things that make American lidfe safer, more enjoyable and beautiful
um, shouldnt those be funded in NORMAL bills?
this is supposed to be an emergency bill

um, shouldnt those be funded in NORMAL bills?
this is supposed to be an emergency bill

Doesn't matter, spending on anything is a stimulus to the economy.
great, then lets put it all into building up a 600 ship navy again

Spending on anything is not a stimulus to the economy. That is just silly whatever you and Obama think If all government spending stimulated the economy why after all of Bush's spending is the economy in the tank?

Last edited:
Spending on anything is not a stimulus to the economy. That is just silly whatever you and Obama think If all government spending stimulated the economy why after all of Bush's spending is the economy in the tank?
Bush=bad
Obama=good

Obama government Bush Government still same government. The president only gets to change the top 1/100 of 1 percent of the bureaucracy.

Oh and the answer to the question posed at the top of the thread is:

Not nearly enough.

Of course.

Last edited:
Obama government Bush Government still same government. The president only gets to change the top 1/100 of 1 percent of the bureaucracy.

Oh and the answer to the question posed at the top of the thread is:

Not nearly enough.

Of course.
shhhh, they dont want to hear that
the truth wouldnt fit their tiny mindsets

I keep telling them anyway. Ruffling feathers has been a favorite pass time of mine ever since I got internet access and I find the truth does a better Job of it than any lie ever invented..

I keep telling them anyway. Ruffling feathers has been a favorite pass time of mine ever since I got internet access and I find the truth does a better Job of it than any lie ever invented..
but it only works with a very small minority

This bill and the entire fiasco surrounding it, especially Obama and his scare tactics are pathetic to watch play out. Someone should remind Obama about how many times he pissed and moaned about the Bush White House using scare tactics and his cries for change. lol

Sickening.

I sure won't vote for anyone who supports this mess.

Forum List

Back