What Good is it to Pump Oil if we can't Export it?

Refiners get more money and those selling crude get less, but to us? So what?

I thought the right was worried about energy self sufficiency. How does all that newly produced oil help do that if we ship it over seas?

Here is industry's view. Not that you Libfarts would be interested...

The Time Has Come to Lift the Oil Export Ban - Independent Petroleum Association of America

Does that mean you are ready to admit that we have enough oil here, so we don't need that bitumen from Canada?
I'm saying you need to get the rocks out of your noggin'.

Here, let me help... :slap:

As usual, you make a dumb statement and then run. Typical right winger.

The Time Has Come to Lift the Oil Export Ban - Independent Petroleum Association of America

Does that mean you are ready to admit that we have enough oil here, so we don't need that bitumen from Canada?

Do your homework and quit asking stupid ass questions.

I've done my homework. Exporting oil will not only drastically increase oil company's profits, but it will also reduce the amount we have to use here. Are you in favor of more for use here or less for use here?

I've done my homework. Exporting oil will not only drastically increase oil company's profits, but it will also reduce the amount we have to use here. Are you in favor of more for use here or less for use here?
You didn't read the link I provided. That said...

Exports will increase oil companies' revenue streams, not necessarily their profits.

It would create much needed jobs and bring much needed cash into the U.S.

In 2014, the U.S. imported about 9 million barrels of foreign crude each day.That hasn't changed much since then. We are a very long ways away from appreciably changing that number.

As you can see from the graphic below, we import a fuck ton of oil (or "bitumen" as you choose to call it) from Canada.

The more that is imported from Canada, the less that is imported from Russia, Columbia, Iraq, etc. Get the picture?

us-oil-imports-top-10-1024x717.png

Exports will increase oil companies' revenue streams, not necessarily their profits.

In 2014, the U.S. imported about 9 million barrels of foreign crude each day.That hasn't changed much since then. We are a very long ways away from appreciably changing that number.

As you can see from the graphic below, we import a fuck ton of oil (or "bitumen" as you choose to call it) from Canada.

The more that is imported from Canada, the less that is imported from Russia, Columbia, Iraq, etc. Get the picture?

So given consistent needed volume, how does exporting what we have not increase the amounts needed for import? It's simple subtraction.
oil we have here - exports = less oil we have here.

So given consistent needed volume, how does exporting what we have not increase the amounts needed for import? It's simple subtraction.
Export from U.S., import from Canada. If only the Fucker in Chief would approve the Keystone XL.

It's about throughput. And marketing on a global scale. Like what is done in the Agriculture industry.

You know, the Ass-Fucking Farmer industry.

Export from U.S., import from Canada. If only the Fucker in Chief would approve the Keystone XL.

It's about throughput. And marketing on a global scale. Like what is done in the Agriculture industry.

You know, the Ass-Fucking Farmer industry.

I can see how oil companies would love it. How exactly does shipping oil out of the country help our energy independence, or help our country in any way? I thought your main whine about XL was that we need more here for us. You ready to admit that was bullshit? You can't have it both ways.

The U.S. agriculture industry is globalized. Our oil and natural gas industries are not.

It's time to change that.

The oil industry isn't globalized? I'll make a copy of that one. It's one of the most nonsensical posts I have seen in a while.

I thought the right was worried about energy self sufficiency. How does all that newly produced oil help do that if we ship it over seas?

Some of the oil we pump cannot be refined by the severely out-dated refineries we have. Therefore, exporting it overseas brings in $$$$ to produce more. In addition, we often trade oil with countries that produce what our refineries can deal with.

Get the EPA and other government regulations out of the way and we can build more modern refineries and truly be self-sufficient.

The U.S. agriculture industry is globalized. Our oil and natural gas industries are not.

The oil industry isn't globalized? I'll make a copy of that one. It's one of the most nonsensical posts I have seen in a while.
Not the domestic independent companies, no. Educate yourself. I'm not going to even try as it is fruitless and you're really fucking stupid.

Some of the oil we pump cannot be refined by the severely out-dated refineries we have. Therefore, exporting it overseas brings in $$$$ to produce more. In addition, we often trade oil with countries that produce what our refineries can deal with.

Get the EPA and other government regulations out of the way and we can build more modern refineries and truly be self-sufficient.

Obviously you don't have the slightest idea what your are talking about. There have recently been billions of dollars spent upgrades for all the major refineries. We're OK when it comes to refining capabilities.

Not the domestic independent companies, no. Educate yourself. I'm not going to even try as it is fruitless and you're really fucking stupid.

It's obvious that you are confused. One of us is really fucking stupid. I'm going with the one who thinks the oil industry isn't globalized.

Forum List

Back