Votes: 0 0.0%
  • celtic Deities

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
Since there are so many believers on this forum, I thought greater specificity was warranted.

Make as many choices as you'd like. There are many more, but I included a few majors.

Last edited:
You forget the Oxymoron that is Atheism, its a religion against religion and Science is their God.

Last edited:
You forget the Oxymoron that is Atheism, its a religion against religion and Science in their God.

You are right some atheists are as intolerant and unaccepting of religion as some religious folks are of different faiths or atheists.

Though not all eggs fit into that basket.

I believe in a God that created the world and all that is in it. He loves everyone but not everyone loves him. I believe that I am not in control but he is.

Since there are so many believers on this forum, I thought greater specificity was warranted.

Make as many choices as you'd like. There are many more, but I included a few majors.

YHWH is the closest answer from your list. My confidence that the depiction of God in my tradition is more accurate than that of other cultures is shaken by the numerical odds against it. But I have witness that there is a God and it was given in the context of the tradition in which I was raised, so I stick with that for now.

THE God, the One True God.

El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty)
El Elyon (The Most High God)
Adonai (Lord, Master)
Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)
Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)
Jehovah-Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)
Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
Jehovah Tsidkenu (The Lord Our Righteousness)
Jehovah Mekoddishkem (The Lord Who Sanctifies You)
El Olam (The Everlasting God)
Elohim (God)
Qanna (Jealous)
Jehovah Jireh (The Lord Will Provide)
Jehovah Shalom (The Lord Is Peace)
Jehovah Sabaoth (The Lord of Hosts)

OUR COMING KING !! †

HE IS:
The King of the Jews
The King of Israel
The King of all the Ages
The King of Heaven
The King of Glory
The King of kings
The Lord of lords

A prophet before Moses
A priest after Melchizedek
A champion like Joshua
An offering in place of Isaac
A king from the line of David
A wise counselor above Solomon
A beloved/rejected/exalted son like Joseph

The Heavens declare His Glory and the firmament shows His handiwork
HE Who IS, Who WAS, and Who ALWAYS WILL BE.
The First and the Last
He is the Alpha and Omega
The Aleph and the Tau
The A and the Z
He was the first fruits of them that slept
He is the “I AM that I AM”
The Voice of the Burning Bush
He is the Captain of the Lord’s Host
He was the conqueror of Jericho
He is enduringly strong
He is entirely sincere
He is eternally steadfast
He is immortally graceful
He is imperially powerful
He is impartially merciful
IN HIM dwells the fullness of the Godhead bodily
The very God of very God
He is our Kinsman-Redeemer
He is our Avenger of Blood
He is our City of Refuge
He is our Performing High Priest
He is our Personal Prophet

He Is Our REIGNING KING.

He is the loftiest idea in literature
He is the highest personality in Philosophy
He is the fundamental doctrine of Theology
He is the Supreme Problem in “higher criticism”!
He is the Miracle of the Ages
He is the superlative of everything good.

He was crucified on a Cross of wood
Yet He made the hill on which it stood
By Him were all things made that were made
without Him was not anything made that was made
And by Him are all things held together

What held Him to that Cross? It wasn’t the nails!
(At any time, He could have said, “I’m out of here!”)
What held Him to that Cross?
IT WAS HIS LOVE FOR YOU AND ME

He was born of a woman, so that we could be born of God
He humbled Himself, so that we could be lifted up
He became a servant, so that we could be made joint-heirs
He suffered rejection, so that we could become His friends
He denied Himself, so that we could freely receive all things
He gave Himself, so that He could bless us in every way
He is available to the tempted and the tried
He blesses the young
He cleanses the lepers
He defends the feeble
He delivers the captives
He discharges the debtors
He forgives the sinners
He franchises the meek
He guards the besieged
He heals the sick
He provides strength to the weak
He regards the aged
He rewards the diligent
He serves the unfortunate
He sympathizes and He saves!

His Offices are manifold
His Reign is Righteous
His Promises are sure
His Goodness is limitless
His Light is matchless
His Grace is sufficient
His Love never changes
His Mercy is everlasting
His Word is enough
His Yoke is easy and His burden is light!

He is Indescribable
He is Incomprehensible
He is Irresistible
He is Invincible!

The Heaven of heavens cannot contain Him
Man cannot explain Him
The Pharisees couldn’t stand Him but soon learned they couldn’t stop Him
Pilate couldn’t find any fault with Him
The witnesses couldn’t agree against Him
Herod couldn’t kill Him
Death couldn’t handle Him
The grave couldn’t hold Him!

He always has been and always will be
He had no predecessor and will have no successor
You cannot impeach Him and He isn’t going to resign!
His Name is above every name; that at the Name of Yeshua (Jesus Christ)
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD!

HIS IS THE KINGDOM, THE POWER, AND THE GLORY, FOREVER AND EVER.. AMEN!

(Personal Notes taken from a Chuck Missler Sermon)

BTW God and Allah are the same God. Jews Christians and Muslims all worship the same God. So you rrally didn;t need a seperate line for Allah . . . unless you are trying to differentiate sects of worship.

BTW God and Allah are the same God. Jews Christians and Muslims all worship the same God. So you rrally didn;t need a seperate line for Allah . . . unless you are trying to differentiate sects of worship.

Allah is the Arabic name for God, yes. But the above mentioned do not worship the same God. The God of Christianity and the God of Islam are different. HUGE difference.

Is the God of Chrstianity and the God of Islam the same? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

No, the God of Christianity and the God of Islam are not the same. First of all, the God of Christianity is a Trinity where the God of Islam is not. The Trinity is the monotheistic teaching that God exists eternally as three distinct persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. In Islam, this is blatantly denied.

"And behold! Allah will say: "O 'Isa Ibn Maryam! Did you say to men, "Worship me and my mother as gods besides Allah?" He will say: "Glory to you! Never could I say what I had no right to say. Had I said such a thing, you would indeed have known it. You know what is in my heart, though I know not what is in yours. For you know in full all that is hidden," (Quran 5:116).
"O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs," (Quran 4:171).

Furthermore, in Christianity the doctrine of the Trinity allows for the incarnation of the Word. John 1:1, 14 says that the Word which was God was with God and became flesh and dwelt among us and was crucified (Matt. 26:2; 27:38). This is denied in Islam, which says that Jesus is only a prophet and was not crucified.

"[Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah . He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet," (Quran 19:30).

"And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain," (Quran 4:157).

So, the God of Islam and the God of Christianity are not the same.

The god of abraham is the god of abraham no matter which sect is worshipping him.

You are free to disagree but that does not make it any less true.

ETA Muslims don;t believe in the trinity and they think Jesus was a prophet but not god.

The Jews beleive Jesus was a great teacher but not the messiah.

Sorry but it is still the same Big G old testament God that aqll 3 religions follow.

Also ETA - if you care to set aside the old testment and just follow the new then I'll say you are closer to correct about not the same God.

Last edited:
fowlerwelcomeback.jpg

[youtube]xI1OxOkPq94[/youtube]

Last edited:

Allah is the Arabic name for God, yes. But the above mentioned do not worship the same God. The God of Christianity and the God of Islam are different. HUGE difference.

Is the God of Chrstianity and the God of Islam the same? | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

No, the God of Christianity and the God of Islam are not the same. First of all, the God of Christianity is a Trinity where the God of Islam is not. The Trinity is the monotheistic teaching that God exists eternally as three distinct persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. In Islam, this is blatantly denied.

"And behold! Allah will say: "O 'Isa Ibn Maryam! Did you say to men, "Worship me and my mother as gods besides Allah?" He will say: "Glory to you! Never could I say what I had no right to say. Had I said such a thing, you would indeed have known it. You know what is in my heart, though I know not what is in yours. For you know in full all that is hidden," (Quran 5:116).
"O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs," (Quran 4:171).

Furthermore, in Christianity the doctrine of the Trinity allows for the incarnation of the Word. John 1:1, 14 says that the Word which was God was with God and became flesh and dwelt among us and was crucified (Matt. 26:2; 27:38). This is denied in Islam, which says that Jesus is only a prophet and was not crucified.

"[Jesus] said, "Indeed, I am the servant of Allah . He has given me the Scripture and made me a prophet," (Quran 19:30).

"And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain," (Quran 4:157).

I separated yhwh and allah out of deference to this line of thought.

I separated yhwh and allah out of deference to this line of thought.

Right O!

After futher thought I should have left it alone and just moved along your poll not mine.

My bad. I can admit when I'm a dick.

New Topics

Forum List

Back