what food did you anticipate then find failing?

I can't think of any!

I won't eat anything that came from the water, so the fancy ass foods such as lobster and caviar, I have never tasted, nor do I want to.
And no fucking way a squid is getting near my mouth! You couldn't pay me to eat things such as that~ *blech*

You're wierd, and you're missing out.

i love sea urchin......i have never had the abalone snail but heard it was tough as hell....not eating seafood....how sad and how bland..no shrimp, prawns, lobster, no catfish???? crawfish tails...no oysters....good gosh that is so sad

You find edamame "rich"? Did you have them in a fondue or something?

Baked inna oven then baptised with sea salt.
They're dense, heavy, and rich. Not exactly a Super Bowl Snack.
I M O (the great disclaimer))

If you think edamame is "dense, heavy, and rich," you must survive on nothing but water and bean sprouts most of the time. That's just wierd.

Based upon your comments I will give it another try.
They were frozen and came from the mother in law who got them at the government commodity store. Probably not the best quality LOL.

edamane or whatever...a group of us are at an bistro or whatever when the wait person places an odd looking dish in front of me....big green beans.....so i pick one up and eat it....it was tough and stringy....my husband tries one...we try to figure out which of us ordered it and what the hell it was...when another diner speaks up....you have my edamame and the waiter tell me to stop eating the whole bean ...it was nasty

Baked inna oven then baptised with sea salt.
They're dense, heavy, and rich. Not exactly a Super Bowl Snack.
I M O (the great disclaimer))

If you think edamame is "dense, heavy, and rich," you must survive on nothing but water and bean sprouts most of the time. That's just wierd.

Based upon your comments I will give it another try.
They were frozen and came from the mother in law who got them at the government commodity store. Probably not the best quality LOL.

Your description blew my mind, as I can't imagine them that way. It's more an 'eat a million of them while you drink beer/sake all night' kind of snack.

edamane or whatever...a group of us are at an bistro or whatever when the wait person places an odd looking dish in front of me....big green beans.....so i pick one up and eat it....it was tough and stringy....my husband tries one...we try to figure out which of us ordered it and what the hell it was...when another diner speaks up....you have my edamame and the waiter tell me to stop eating the whole bean ...it was nasty

You didn't open them? Just ate the whole thing? That could be a little tough. Like not peeling a banana.

You didn't open them? Just ate the whole thing? That could be a little tough. Like not peeling a banana.

no, yes, yes.

lol it was just plain gnarly

what food have you looked forward to eating only to find that you didnt like said food?

I'll see a beautiful dessert at the store and buy it, it always fails to live up to it's looks.

The older I get, the more I add to your list. I'll sit down to a meal and I am so hungry then a couple of bites later, I feel really full. It's the meat, anything fried, a lot of cheese.

I still like cheesecake, pies are ok, pasta, any veggie dish, meats in smaller amounts. I take a sandwich to work with tomato and lettuce on it. I like chicken. I bought some steaks this weekend and he ate all of his and most of mine. I ate the baked potato.

Maybe I'll become a vegitarian.

Scallops.

:confused::confused:
What the...seriously?
Can I ask where you had them?
Scallops are fantastic...your not talking about those horrible little ones you find at a freakin WalMart in a frozen bag are you?

I was also disappointed with scallops. The three times I have tried them--all in popular fine dining restaurants--they have been either undercooked or underseasoned. At any rate they were unflavorful and with a texture I didn't care for. And I do like most gourmet or fine dining foods though I think sometimes just plain old country cooking is more flavorful and enjoyable.

Broiled scallops are great if they're done right but the best way to have scallops is fried..in the summertime...in New England! :D

sams-scallops.jpg

Unfortunately, fried scallops are not considered 'fine dining'. In fine dining the scallops must be pan seared sufficiently to heat the scallop through and produce a nice brown color on the top and bottom. But each time I've had those, they were way too close to being sushi to be aesthetically pleasing to me.

Ya know what has never lived up to my expectations..... red velvet cake. So far ive yet to come across one that i love.

Unfortunately, fried scallops are not considered 'fine dining'. In fine dining the scallops must be pan seared sufficiently to heat the scallop through and produce a nice brown color on the top and bottom. But each time I've had those, they were way too close to being sushi to be aesthetically pleasing to me.

You don't find sushi aesthetically pleasing?

You don't find sushi aesthetically pleasing?

No. I am not a fan of sushi. But then I didn't expect to be either so I can't say that was a disappointment. :)

Pheasant. Too bony and dry. Hardly any meat, either. And I've never really understood the attraction to calamari, too. I'm told it's all in the preparation, but I'm yet to be convinced. Incidentally, I've got a stomach like a dustbin, but I can't stand parsnips.

Can't get enough venison in red wine sauce, though.

Hot dogs are always a disappointment. But truffle oil is beyond bad! It's just nasty.

Ya know what has never lived up to my expectations..... red velvet cake. So far ive yet to come across one that i love.

My sis made one for Christmas a few years back. First time I ever had it and I thought it was so good. She said it took her hours to make it.

Forum List

Back