What Fed the Perception that Zimmerman Was a Racist?

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
Apparently, it was the phone recording of Zimmerman's call to the Sanford PD dispatcher.

Despite what some people think they heard, prosecutors say George Zimmerman did not utter a racial slur in his call to 911 on the night he shot Trayvon Martin.

The disputed words on the recording turned out to be “these f------ punks,” prosecutors said in an affidavit filed Thursday in support of the murder charges brought against the neighborhood watch volunteer in the Feb. 26 slaying of the unarmed black teenager....In the Martin case, Zimmerman told a police dispatcher: “This guy looks like he is up to no good. He is on drugs or something.” Zimmerman reported that the teenager had his hand in his waistband and was walking around, looking at homes in the gated community in Sanford, which had had several break-ins in the past year.

“When we see the word ‘punks’ and we connect that to the word ‘profile,’ I don’t think that is compelling proof that it’s racial profiling,” said Kendall Coffey, a former U.S. attorney in Miami who is now in private practice. “This guy appeared to Zimmerman to meet the profile of a criminal.”

He added: “Whether you’re white, black or Hispanic. You have a hoodie. You’re walking around.”

Prosecutors: Zimmerman did not use racial slur during 911 call about Trayvon Martin - The Washington Post

Digital enhancement by the FBI or FDLE probably provided the clarity to determine that Zimmerman never used a racial slur.

Last edited:
After CNN reported that Zimmerman said "coon"? Which was a lie.

After a disgraced and fired NBC executive doctored Zimmerman's 911 call?

What Fed the Perception that Zimmerman Was a Racist?

Probably the "white" Hispanic label.

You know what they say about white, male, right wingers. They're all racists.

Wait a minute, I read that Z'man was a Democrat. He must not be a racist then.

Race was a part of the story, as soon as we learned someone named Zimmerman killed a black killed.

• Banned

Inter-race killings are actually quite rare, statistically speaking. They make up less than 10% of all murders annually, and murders are at their lowest level in the U.S. in the past 50 years. I don't consider it a hate crime every time a white person kills a black person, or vice versa, and I would say that most black folks don't, either. Race-motivated crimes tend to have certain hallmarks, and this case does not necessarily fit the bill, although anything is possible. We simply don't know enough at this point in time to speak ethically to either Zimmeran's or Martin's motives and actions, and doing so is both stupid and irresponsible.

I consider the initial reporting on it pretty inflammatory. I don't think that there is a huge rush to judgement any time a white person kills a black person, but when media reports suggest that a racial expletive was used by the suspect in an inter-race crime, that's certainly going to fuel things.

No one of even minimal intelligence would say something so stupid. I certainly would not, and I can promise you that I would and have verbally rebuked people for engaging in such random acts of stupidity.

Last edited:
I'd say the coon comment. And I'm still not 100% convinced that he didn't say coon instead of punk. His lawyer said he said cold.

Lots of misinformation.

Rocko Wrote:
Race was a part of the story, as soon as we learned someone named Zimmerman killed a black killed.

I think Rocko has pretty much nailed this one...

The minute a man named George Zimmerman shot an unarmed young black man the narrative was set as far as the media was concerned. They did everything in their power to mold the narrative as needed to keep it about race...going so far as to doctor or alter recordings, make up new ways to identify people that had never been used before (although I am looking forward to the interviews where Katie Couric and others ask Obama what his first 4 years as America's first "white-African American" president have been like), and peg Zimmerman as a racist regardless of what the actual facts of his life seemed to indicate.

Zimmerman should be investigated for this incident. If he is found guilty he should go to prison. But we ALL should be extremely concerned about how eager so many in our nation seem to be to twist facts or outright lie when it suits, in order to fit the narrative that they want to express...and how complicit the media is in perpetrating this habit.

I'd say the coon comment. And I'm still not 100% convinced that he didn't say coon instead of punk. His lawyer said he said cold.

Lots of misinformation.

I hadn't heard that one. Was he sick? "Fucking colds?"

On the topic of the 9-1-1 call and whether it was "coons" or "punks" or "Cold" being said by Zimmerman, he was painted as a racist long before this came out. I recall this coming to light and being played adnauseum on CNN a good 10 days after the incident.

Lots of misinformation.

I hadn't heard that one. Was he sick? "Fucking colds?"
Nah, the lawyer said he was complaining about the weather.

But plural? :lol:
The attorney needs to get the focus off of the 9-1-1 call and onto injuries and/or signs of a struggle between the two. Zimmerman's words including what he said in court last week he'll hang himself.

Lots of misinformation.

Not true.

Long before the so-called coon comment was known, race was a topic of conversation in this case. It has been from day one.

Because a black person didnt get killed by another black, that's ok, but anyone else that does it, it's racist.

Because a black person didnt get killed by another black, that's ok, but anyone else that does it, it's racist.

I hate to agree with this - but it is 100% accurate.
If Zimmerman was black, this story would have never reached beyond the local newspaper - PERIOD.

I hate to agree with this - but it is 100% accurate.
If Zimmerman was black, this story would have never reached beyond the local newspaper - PERIOD.

Of course not. If Zimmerman was black, he would have been arrested that night.

Inter-race killings are actually quite rare, statistically speaking. They make up less than 10% of all murders annually, and murders are at their lowest level in the U.S. in the past 50 years. I don't consider it a hate crime every time a white person kills a black person, or vice versa, and I would say that most black folks don't, either. Race-motivated crimes tend to have certain hallmarks, and this case does not necessarily fit the bill, although anything is possible. We simply don't know enough at this point in time to speak ethically to either Zimmeran's or Martin's motives and actions, and doing so is both stupid and irresponsible.

I consider the initial reporting on it pretty inflammatory. I don't think that there is a huge rush to judgement any time a white person kills a black person, but when media reports suggest that a racial expletive was used by the suspect in an inter-race crime, that's certainly going to fuel things.

No one of even minimal intelligence would say something so stupid. I certainly would not, and I can promise you that I would and have verbally rebuked people for engaging in such random acts of stupidity.

yep, I forgot to add the sarcasim emoticon.

The first thing I saw on the TV was Mrs. Martin saying her son was killed by a white man because her son was black

Al Sharpton, the NBP, and MSNBC took it from there..
Oh and the NYT was careful to point out he was a White Hispanic..

til the fafeful day they found out Zimmerman was Hispanic..

Apparently, it was the phone recording of Zimmerman's call to the Sanford PD dispatcher.

Despite what some people think they heard, prosecutors say George Zimmerman did not utter a racial slur in his call to 911 on the night he shot Trayvon Martin.

The disputed words on the recording turned out to be “these f------ punks,” prosecutors said in an affidavit filed Thursday in support of the murder charges brought against the neighborhood watch volunteer in the Feb. 26 slaying of the unarmed black teenager....In the Martin case, Zimmerman told a police dispatcher: “This guy looks like he is up to no good. He is on drugs or something.” Zimmerman reported that the teenager had his hand in his waistband and was walking around, looking at homes in the gated community in Sanford, which had had several break-ins in the past year.

“When we see the word ‘punks’ and we connect that to the word ‘profile,’ I don’t think that is compelling proof that it’s racial profiling,” said Kendall Coffey, a former U.S. attorney in Miami who is now in private practice. “This guy appeared to Zimmerman to meet the profile of a criminal.”

He added: “Whether you’re white, black or Hispanic. You have a hoodie. You’re walking around.”

Prosecutors: Zimmerman did not use racial slur during 911 call about Trayvon Martin - The Washington Post

Digital enhancement by the FBI or FDLE probably provided the clarity to determine that Zimmerman never used a racial slur.

probably the fucking coons comment.

Forum List

Back