What Famous Personalities Have You Met Or Gotten In Close Proximity To…?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gHiR1xeOSs]Alice In Chains-Rooster - YouTube[/ame]

One of the creepiest, eeriest, songs recorded in my lifetime....and with one of the most haunting, and unsettling meanings.

War. Such an ugly thing.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Just had to throw this one in there.

I didnt really get to meet dave mustaine but i helped set up for a mega death show me and a friend had a few drinks and smoked a joint before we started helping unload and stuff and one of his sound guys waved at me to say the test'- test in a mic ...then we were ushered off the stage and mega death came out to do a sound check ,when dave stepped up to the mic he recoiled and said...someooone got fkn vooodka all over my fkn microphone ! and glared over towards crew...it made me feel kind of special and made up for not getting to meet him

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1-3q20j390&feature=related]Megadeth Dave Pissed Off - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I've had face-to-face convos with over 100 politicians whom most would recognize. I've had face-to-face convos with several news personalities, as well.

I've had face-to-face convos with several Nobel Prize winners (maybe seven, off the top of my head), as well, and tons of authors.

Entertainment stars (other than news characters), none that I recall. Well, I once waited on James Drury (The Virginian) when I was working summers in college.

ETA: Last summer, met Linda Carter (Wonder Woman) while shopping. She helped me decide on a home item when shopping in Middleburg, VA. Same with Robert Duvall - met him in a cafe, talked politics, and finished my drink with him. He seems to have similar political views to mine - he appreciates the TP.

I briefly hung out with Robert Duvall while he was down here shooting a movie in the mid-80's...

I'd always loved his performances from back in the late 60's...

gotta love him... he's a regular kinda guy who has his head on straight... who's gained alotta success...
He really is a regular kind of guy. Funny thing is, I just started chatting with him in line at the coffee shop to kill time. He was behind me. I had no idea who he was at the time. We started talking DC politics, and decided to linger a bit more after we got our coffees to continue chatting. Then, I asked him what he did for a living, and he said, "Don't you know?" (which I thought was a very bizarre thing to say by a 'regular guy'). When he realized that I really didn't know, he told me who he was. Then, he did look familiar.

It was sort of the same thing with Linda Carter. I was shopping for a specific kind of basket and was looking for a specific size. I had found two and I couldn't decide so I asked the shopper who was close to me what her opinion was. That was Linda Carter, but it didn't click with me. She said she didn't care for either of them, but took me to another area in the store where another basket was. I liked that one and bought it.

I still didn't realize who she was, but she looked familiar to me. I had just been two weeks earlier, to a large meeting of a group to which I belong, so I asked her if she had been there. She said no and asked why and I told her she looked familiar. Then she told me her name, and I still had no idea who she was. LOL. She could tell, so she said "Wonder Woman". Then, I finally got it. I said, "You're right! That's who you are!". She laughed at that.

She's a regular sort of person, too.

Who knows, maybe I've run into a lot more and just never noticed. I just assumed everyone on the street is a regular person.

Last night I talked to a couple of Capitals players at a party where we were. I had no idea who they were until I asked them where they worked. LOL.

Last edited:
I would never go out of my way to meet a so called celebrity. I don't know why anyone would.

Forum List

Back